alanhahn

Source tells Newsday backchannel assurances sent to Knicks that LeBron hasn't made any decisions. Very open to listening to their pitch.

Originally Posted by beh235

I said this a long time ago, and now people realize this. I guess I didn't state my point clearly. I said on pg. 558 of this thread that the Knicks couldn't afford Lebron AND another max free agent. It must have been the wording of what I said that made people think that the Knicks couldn't afford Lebron at all. Looks like this is coming true. It also appears that it is unlikely that he is going to sign with the Knicks. Knick fans are wishful thinkers, but not getting Lebron is going to further ruin the franchise. They should gut the team and find a way to fire James Dolan. Donnie Walsh can only do so much with that cheap owner over him.

Originally Posted by BMWStew

Hell you talking about, Melo "coming home", Melo is from Bmore NOT NY.
wait who the hell are these people 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i just have a feeling that it will work out for the better for us. Even if we do not get Lebron James, I don't think it's going to be a failure for us.

Spoiler [+]
  But for some reason, I feel that Allan Houston and James Dolan could make the difference whether we get LBJ or not. But even if we don't get him, as long as we don't give away max contacts to JJ/ Amare, then I'm satisfied with it.

Originally Posted by BMWStew

Hell you talking about, Melo "coming home", Melo is from Bmore NOT NY.
Who the HELL are you homie? how about i give u a nice little story to read

Anthony was born in the Red Hook projects in Brooklyn, New York City.[sup][2][/sup] He was born to a Puerto Rican father and an African American mother. His father, after whom he is named, died of cancer when Anthony was two years old.[sup][3][/sup] When Anthony turned eight, his family moved to Baltimore,where he honed not only his athletic skills, but his survival skills.Kenny Minor, one of Anthony's childhood friends, said, "from drugs, tokillings, to anything you can name that goes on in the roughest partsof town, we've seen and witnessed hands on. Those are the things thatteach you toughness and keep you mentally focused on your goals."Sports would serve as an important diversion from the violence and drugdealing that were pervasive in the housing projects a few blocks fromthe homes of Anthony and his friends.[sup][4][/sup]

I agree with Mo on that and that FA summit special spoke on it too. One team in the running is gonna end up with nothing or nothing great or worth talking EC champs. They might just fail on all fronts.

Riley should have it on his mind that he could lose Wade if Bosh follows Bron to Chi or NY or maybe NJ just cuz of who is already there core and role player wise.

@BonnieB_ESPN Ha! RT @schlereth_girl: #LeBron should do a reality show: The Bachelor: LBJ Edition. Each wk, 1 team goes home cryin without a rose
laugh.gif

[h2][/h2]
[h2]David Lee: If You're Reading This, Please Don't Leave [/h2]
07-08_Knicks.jpg
That picture you are looking at is of a shirt I bought online at the Lenin Closet. It is a representation of the roster for the 2007-2008 New York Knicks. The names on it are mostly familiar, although some of you may not recognize or remember the likes of Fred Jones, Renaldo Balkman or Randolph Morris. Those names that you do recognize are drenched in the stench of Isiah Thomas, who inherited the reigns from two of his former division-mates, Michael Jordan and Reggie Miller, of running the Knicks into the ground. Unfortunately, due in large part to truck parties, domino draft pick giveaways, blasphemous contracts, and a woman named "Anucha Browne Sanders," Thomas did not just oust the Knicks from the playoffs year after year. No, what he did was worse. He took a franchise, whose fanbase’s collective fingers were already smashed by various hammers (Spring 1999, Ewing’s departure, Houston’s contract, etc.), turned it upside-down, and shook it until most of its fans had fallen to the floor.  From there, he took a once-proud Manhattan-based franchise, whose fans bordered on psychotic during the 1990s, and locked the doors. He traded for talented but directionless combo guards (Stephon Marbury, Steve Francis, even reigning rookie of the year Jamal Crawford) and big men who sat in chairs for years at a time (Jerome James, Eddy Curry).

But that’s not the purpose of this story. I don’t care about Isiah Thomas anymore because he is not worth it. Neither is Marbury, Crawford, Randolph, Robinson, Curry, Jeffries, Collins, James, Richardson, Morris, Balkman, Jones, or even Malik Rose. Wilson Chandler is still in purgatory in terms of both person and player evaluation, leaving us with only one name.
http://
star-divide.v5547.jpg

David Lee, who was drafted with the last pick in the first round of the 2005 NBA Draft, has really been something. If you start from the year 2000 and work your way toward right now, the best player on the Knicks during that stretch was the white forward who played four years at Florida. The man has stitched together accomplishment after accomplishment throughout his tenure with the Knicks, including: 

-         Shooting 55% from the floor

-         Averaging about 12 rebounds per 40 minutes

-         Increasing his points-per-40 minutes every year of his career

-         Increasing his assists-per-40 minutes from 1.5 his rookie year to four per game this past season

-         Finishing in the top 50 of True Shooting percentage every year of his career, including top 10 twice

-         Increasing his quantity of steals every year of his career

-         Playing in 243 of a possible 246 games over the past three seasons, recording a double-double in 57% of them 

I think you get the point. Additionally, I would like to name some of the lists on which David Lee would find himself should he sign somewhere else this offseason or otherwise retire from the Knicks: 

-         Among the best pick-and-roll players in Knicks history

-         Among the best power-forwards in Knicks history

-         Among the best rebounders in Knicks history

-         Only Knick ever to record 35-20-10 in a regular season game, and first since Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Get the point even more? Now for some brain-busters: 

-         Among active players, David Lee shoots fifth-highest from the floor behind Shaquille O’Neal, Andris Biedrins, Kendrick Perkins, and Dwight Howard.

-         If he were to retire today, he would retire with the best shooting percentage in franchise history, both career shooting and single-season shooting

-         He would also rank 14[sup]th[/sup] all-time

David Lee has been with the Knicks for only five years, but this much is plain to see: 

-         He is of a rare breed of basketball players who get better every year they play in the league

-         He has provided us with some unbelievable games, as well as diamondsrubies and pearls on the internet

-         He refers to LeBron James and Dwyane Wade as "top free agents" when discussing this July, as opposed to the likes of Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire and Carlos Boozer, who see themselves as more grandiose than reality dictates. He is humility incarnate.

-         One of the most emotional times in the history of Posting & Toasting was when Lee’s grandfather, E. Desmond Lee, passed away

To return to original tangent of this post, a tangent whose villain is clear and will continue to leave a footprint on the Knicks franchise, I would like to say that David Lee is what has gotten me through this period in my sports life. He has hit shots I will never forget. He has set the standard for insightful, honest interviews. He has never demanded more touches, yet he has never been afraid to take the last shot.

I’m sure a lot of you will take this article as a way to knock David’s defense, on which he is reportedly working. Or maybe you’ll say he’s never been on a winning team, or maybe you’ll say "Amare is better" or "Bosh has better stats" or "The reason he gets so many rebounds is because no one’s fighting him for them."
Say whatever you want. But David, if you’re reading this: please come back. You have a chance to be an all-time Knick and New York absolutely loves you. You are a special person and a special player, and amid all the free agent hype, I hope more than anything you are wearing a Knicks jersey next year.

Yo has there been ANY rumor that says LeBron is staying in Cle?
laugh.gif

I take back what I just said Cle are the biggest losers. These other teams can't be mad about something they never had.

Originally Posted by MeloVP

Originally Posted by viiheaven

Everything is completely speculation now, there is no solid information, there is no public confirmation anyone is signing anywhere. Everything is a blank canvas as far as I'm concerned.

If that makes me ignorant, so be it. But any of these guys (starting with LeBron) can throw a wild card and sign anywhere, completely changing all the other FA's decisions.
pimp.gif

/thread

btw ABSOLUTELY NO WAY gallo gets dealt..[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]gallo's pops would cuts mike's balls off [/color]
sick.gif
laugh.gif

http://www.slamonline.com...10/06/in-walsh-we-trust/

The past decade has been a trying period for fans of the New York Knicks, to put it calmly. Frankly, it’s been a living hell. The Knicks haven’t finished above .500 since 1999-2000, and haven’t sniffed the playoffs since 2003-04. The reign of terror finally ended when owner James Dolan hired Donnie Walsh, renowned Pacers architect, to resurrect the franchise. Our fearless leader has completely reconstructed this team, down to its bare, leaving just five players under contract heading into the most hectic summer in NBA history.
Many basketball “experts

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Yo has there been ANY rumor that says LeBron is staying in Cle?
laugh.gif

I take back what I just said Cle are the biggest losers. These other teams can't be mad about something they never had.

boussard actually switched it to lebron is staying in Cleveland.

no i'm not kidding. all over the place, he obviously knows nothing

Honestly, if we dont even get anyone, at least resign Lee (4/48 seems more then fair)+ maybe JJ for a bit less then the max.

I'd be partially satisfied.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

@BonnieB_ESPN Ha! RT @schlereth_girl: #LeBron should do a reality show: The Bachelor: LBJ Edition. Each wk, 1 team goes home cryin without a rose
laugh.gif

[h2][/h2]
[h2]David Lee: If You're Reading This, Please Don't Leave [/h2]
07-08_Knicks.jpg
That picture you are looking at is of a shirt I bought online at the Lenin Closet. It is a representation of the roster for the 2007-2008 New York Knicks. The names on it are mostly familiar, although some of you may not recognize or remember the likes of Fred Jones, Renaldo Balkman or Randolph Morris. Those names that you do recognize are drenched in the stench of Isiah Thomas, who inherited the reigns from two of his former division-mates, Michael Jordan and Reggie Miller, of running the Knicks into the ground. Unfortunately, due in large part to truck parties, domino draft pick giveaways, blasphemous contracts, and a woman named "Anucha Browne Sanders," Thomas did not just oust the Knicks from the playoffs year after year. No, what he did was worse. He took a franchise, whose fanbase’s collective fingers were already smashed by various hammers (Spring 1999, Ewing’s departure, Houston’s contract, etc.), turned it upside-down, and shook it until most of its fans had fallen to the floor.  From there, he took a once-proud Manhattan-based franchise, whose fans bordered on psychotic during the 1990s, and locked the doors. He traded for talented but directionless combo guards (Stephon Marbury, Steve Francis, even reigning rookie of the year Jamal Crawford) and big men who sat in chairs for years at a time (Jerome James, Eddy Curry).

But that’s not the purpose of this story. I don’t care about Isiah Thomas anymore because he is not worth it. Neither is Marbury, Crawford, Randolph, Robinson, Curry, Jeffries, Collins, James, Richardson, Morris, Balkman, Jones, or even Malik Rose. Wilson Chandler is still in purgatory in terms of both person and player evaluation, leaving us with only one name.
http://
star-divide.v5547.jpg

David Lee, who was drafted with the last pick in the first round of the 2005 NBA Draft, has really been something. If you start from the year 2000 and work your way toward right now, the best player on the Knicks during that stretch was the white forward who played four years at Florida. The man has stitched together accomplishment after accomplishment throughout his tenure with the Knicks, including: 

-         Shooting 55% from the floor

-         Averaging about 12 rebounds per 40 minutes

-         Increasing his points-per-40 minutes every year of his career

-         Increasing his assists-per-40 minutes from 1.5 his rookie year to four per game this past season

-         Finishing in the top 50 of True Shooting percentage every year of his career, including top 10 twice

-         Increasing his quantity of steals every year of his career

-         Playing in 243 of a possible 246 games over the past three seasons, recording a double-double in 57% of them 

I think you get the point. Additionally, I would like to name some of the lists on which David Lee would find himself should he sign somewhere else this offseason or otherwise retire from the Knicks: 

-         Among the best pick-and-roll players in Knicks history

-         Among the best power-forwards in Knicks history

-         Among the best rebounders in Knicks history

-         Only Knick ever to record 35-20-10 in a regular season game, and first since Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Get the point even more? Now for some brain-busters: 

-         Among active players, David Lee shoots fifth-highest from the floor behind Shaquille O’Neal, Andris Biedrins, Kendrick Perkins, and Dwight Howard.

-         If he were to retire today, he would retire with the best shooting percentage in franchise history, both career shooting and single-season shooting

-         He would also rank 14[sup]th[/sup] all-time

David Lee has been with the Knicks for only five years, but this much is plain to see: 

-         He is of a rare breed of basketball players who get better every year they play in the league

-         He has provided us with some unbelievable games, as well as diamondsrubies and pearls on the internet

-         He refers to LeBron James and Dwyane Wade as "top free agents" when discussing this July, as opposed to the likes of Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire and Carlos Boozer, who see themselves as more grandiose than reality dictates. He is humility incarnate.

-         One of the most emotional times in the history of Posting & Toasting was when Lee’s grandfather, E. Desmond Lee, passed away

To return to original tangent of this post, a tangent whose villain is clear and will continue to leave a footprint on the Knicks franchise, I would like to say that David Lee is what has gotten me through this period in my sports life. He has hit shots I will never forget. He has set the standard for insightful, honest interviews. He has never demanded more touches, yet he has never been afraid to take the last shot.

I’m sure a lot of you will take this article as a way to knock David’s defense, on which he is reportedly working. Or maybe you’ll say he’s never been on a winning team, or maybe you’ll say "Amare is better" or "Bosh has better stats" or "The reason he gets so many rebounds is because no one’s fighting him for them."
Say whatever you want. But David, if you’re reading this: please come back. You have a chance to be an all-time Knick and New York absolutely loves you. You are a special person and a special player, and amid all the free agent hype, I hope more than anything you are wearing a Knicks jersey next year.

Yo this article almost made me tear up, David is my favorite Knick EVER I do not want to see him go. Dave please don't be greedy
frown.gif

Well, less than a day the meetings start out in LA, guys.

Been a long 2 years (or decade), Whatever happens, I'm 95% sure we're in a better place and will be, come Thursday and into the future.

Anyone who says we suck can go eat a +%%+, always. This is a proud franchise that will be back.

[h1]Knicks assured LeBron hasn't made up his mind[/h1]

There was no summit, there has been nothing decided and there is no done deal.
image.JPG

Photo credit: AP | A file photo shows Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James, left, joking with Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade. (Nov. 12, 2009)

There was no summit, there has been nothing decided and there is no done deal.

That's the message sent to the Knicks Tuesday through backchannel connections with the top players - especially LeBron James - who will be on the market when the NBA's free agency period opens Thursday.

Rampant rumors fueled by wildly inconsistent national media reports over the last few days have placed James with the Bulls and Heat, while the Knicks are said to be nowhere in the conversation.

After a long two years of planning and clearing salary cap space, a contingent of Knicks officials finally will meet with James Thursday afternoon in suburban Akron, Ohio and find out for themselves if he has any real interest in having the Garden stage for himself.

The Knicks don't want to waste their time, however, if James already has made up his mind to go elsewhere, as the reports suggest. That is part of the reason why the team is planning to open the free-agency season Wednesday night by meeting with Joe Johnson in Los Angeles. The team also may talk with Amar'e Stoudemire, who will be in Los Angeles as well.

It's too dangerous for the Knicks to devote too much time and energy on a fruitless endeavor when they instead could focus elsewhere and James knows it. That's why there were assurances sent to the Knicks as recently as Tuesday.

"He's undecided," a person with knowledge of the situation told Newsday last night. "He's going to meet with teams, he's going to listen and he's going to make a decision from there."

There was a report by ESPN that said James met with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh this past weekend to discuss teaming up with the Heat, who don't have enough cap space to offer all three players max contracts. But it has been widely reported - and confirmed by Newsday - that James was in Manhattan on Saturday and at a Chelsea club early Sunday morning. Wade's agent, Henry Thomas, denied the meetings took place, saying Wade wasn't even in Miami over the weekend.

Then yesterday, in the midst of rumors of a dispute within James' inner-circle of advisers, which is believed to include well-known basketball power broker William "Worldwide Wes" Wesley, James' business partner, Maverick Carter, told The New York Times that Wesley would not be part of any meetings with teams or the decision process.

"Wes has nothing to do with where [James] goes," Carter said.

Wesley had most of the league convinced that he would be a conduit to delivering James. The Knicks have reached out to Wesley in the past - he assisted them in setting up Eddy Curry's offseason conditioning program last summer - and team officials maintained a relationship with him. But the team also has developed a strong relationship with Carter and believes that Carter would be upfront with them if James wasn't at all considering the Knicks.

In fact, Knicks officials seem more skeptical of Wade's interest in paying a visit on Friday. Wade has said his preference would be to remain in Miami and already has tried to recruit other free agents, such as Bosh, James, Johnson and Stoudemire, to join him there. One team official thinks that Wade may not have gotten any assurances from other free agents and, therefore, is covering all his bases.

Originally Posted by MeloVP

http://www.slamonline.com...10/06/in-walsh-we-trust/

The past decade has been a trying period for fans of the New York Knicks, to put it calmly. Frankly, it’s been a living hell. The Knicks haven’t finished above .500 since 1999-2000, and haven’t sniffed the playoffs since 2003-04. The reign of terror finally ended when owner James Dolan hired Donnie Walsh, renowned Pacers architect, to resurrect the franchise. Our fearless leader has completely reconstructed this team, down to its bare, leaving just five players under contract heading into the most hectic summer in NBA history.
Many basketball “experts

i liked it. "do the right thing" was a nice touch. hope spike is pushing us hard over the phone or something

i was cracking up when i read "The man has computers ‘puting".

I get home from work...and i'm pissed.

The Wizards take Yi now?
mad.gif

If Yi can get traded...i'm sure Hamburglar Curry can too.

Washington seems willing to take everybody...why not?

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

If Yi can get traded...i'm sure Hamburglar Curry can too.

Washington seems willing to take everybody...why not?
Knowing the hate for us they probably wanna give us Gilbert.

If you’re anywhere near Madison Square Garden , take a look at a building on 34th and 8th and you will see most of Mikhail Prokhorov’s face and by tomorrow Jay-Z’s face will be complete.

By Thursday – the start of the free-agent negotiation period - the entire 225-x-95-foot mural featuring Prokhorov and Jay-Z standing next to each other with “The Blueprint For Greatness

Back
Top Bottom