Damn that article made me want to buy a David Lee jersey right now.

Maybe in an ideal world, signing Lee for a cheaper contract + Lebron would actually work. Use that extra money and with Curry's expiring, we bring in a defensive center or another point guard. Or use it to fill out the roster with more talented players than what we get with the vet minimum.

However, it seems like Walsh and co. know the deal, that Lebron only comes with another max guy. Maybe if we were the only horse in this race, Lebron could be convinced that's the way to go, but with everyone clearing space for 2, that seems like a longshot.

w8w0ht.jpg

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
you gotta be kidding me

Only way I can co-sign that billboard if on the rest of it Prokhorov is throwing up "the roc" with his hands.

I still dislike the Nets moving into BK. Maybe if they were there from the beginning, then it's whatever... but it rubs me the wrong way.

Been listening to Bill Daughtry on 1050 when he first mentioned the billboard, he was clowning the Knicks. Damn Allen it seems this circus has gotten to you to, telling people to go E.A.D.A lol.

Sports Illustrated..
When the Knicks meet with LeBron James on Thursday, they'll be offering the free agent a vision as bold as New York itself: Create your own dynasty.

A league source with complete understanding of New York's plans told SI.com that the Knicks will recruit the Cavaliers' two-time MVP with a grandiose vision of surrounding him with Hawks shooting guard Joe Johnson as well as an elite power forward -- Chris Bosh of the Raptors or Amar'e Stoudemire of the Suns -- to form a starring trio capable of contending for championships for years to come.

A similar plan has been discussed this week involving a proposed move by James and Bosh to Miami to join with Heat guard Dwyane Wade .

The Knicks have decided to target Johnson instead of Wade because of concerns that Wade and James are too similar in style and could clash over control of the team, according to the source. Though 6-foot-7 Johnson is a four-time All-Star who has led Atlanta to 100 wins over the last two seasons, he is viewed as a complementary player who is capable of joining with James and other stars in a constructive way.

Johnson's importance to this three-headed plan is underlined by the Knicks' decision to visit him first on Thursday in Los Angeles before circling back to Akron, Ohio, for their scheduled meeting with James.

The proposal of bringing three stars to New York marks a breakthrough in strategy for the Knicks, who have been seen as outsiders in the race for James. With an estimated $34.5 million in cap space, it has been assumed they would offer max contracts to James and another player -- with the veiled understanding that two stars probably wouldn't be enough to drive the Knicks past contenders like the Celtics and Magic, who have knocked James' Cavs out of the playoffs over the last two years, or the Lakers, who have won the last two championships.

By dividing its cap space equally among three elite recruits -- another idea floated on behalf of Miami -- the Knicks would pay starting base salaries of $11.5 million each to James, Johnson and the power forward. That amounts to a salary cut of $5.3 million per year compared to the max salary each player could receive from another market.

Including bonuses, each can player can earn an average salary of $15.7 million over a five-year contract, the source said.

The Knicks will enhance the offer by pointing out the numerous off-court opportunities available to star athletes in the world's largest media market, enabling the players to ultimately make more money in New York than each could on a max contract in other NBA cities.

The source emphasized that the financial offer will be dwarfed by its prestige: If James and his two fellow stars bring success of the highest order to New York, which hasn't won an NBA championship since 1973, they will become the league's most lauded players since Michael Jordan left Chicago.

Los Angeles, Chicago and Boston have realized enormous success as large markets, James will be told, but nothing will compare to the opportunities that could be waiting for James and his teammates if they were to win championships in New York.

While Miami can put together a similar offer, the Knicks believe the three stars will be more comfortable in the larger setting of New York, where the Yankees have congregated large numbers of stars for decades.

The three new Knicks would be joined by an existing second unit of young shooting forwards, Danilo Gallinari and Wilson Chandler, and second-year point guard Toney Douglas, leaving New York to round out the rotation by signing three or four contributing role players to veteran-minimum contracts for next season.

The Knicks' key recruiter Thursday will be coach Mike 'Antoni , who has been an assistant coach to James on the USA Basketball teams that have played in the Olympics and World Championships in recent years. Presentations will also be made by Knicks owner James Dolan and president Donnie Walsh.

Altogether, they plan to raise two additional points during their presentation: Next summer they will promise to use the cap space created by Eddy Curry's $11.3 million expiring salary to make a run at a fourth free agent , whether it's Carmelo Anthony or another star. This enhanced flexibility is something James won't find in another market, he will be told.

In addition, the Knicks can warn James that if he doesn't want to join them, then he should consider how he'll feel competing against Johnson, Bosh or Stoudemire and one or two more stars by 2011-12. As they'll tell James Thursday, they have no choice but to build a championship team -- with or without him. They will encourage him to decide quickly, in order to help them recruit a big winner.

Will this be enough to bring James to the Knicks? By appealing to his sense of destiny and the promise of commanding the world's largest stage as NBA champion, they believe they've come up with a dynastic plan as audacious as the city they hope he'll adopt when contracts can be signed July 8.

When the Knicks meet with LeBron James on Thursday, they'll be offering the free agent a vision as bold as New York itself: Create your own dynasty.

A league source with complete understanding of New York's plans told SI.com that the Knicks will recruit the Cavaliers' two-time MVP with a grandiose vision of surrounding him with Hawks shooting guard Joe Johnson as well as an elite power forward -- Chris Bosh of the Raptors or Amar'e Stoudemire of the Suns -- to form a starring trio capable of contending for championships for years to come.

A similar plan has been discussed this week involving a proposed move by James and Bosh to Miami to join with Heat guard Dwyane Wade .

The Knicks have decided to target Johnson instead of Wade because of concerns that Wade and James are too similar in style and could clash over control of the team, according to the source. Though 6-foot-7 Johnson is a four-time All-Star who has led Atlanta to 100 wins over the last two seasons, he is viewed as a complementary player who is capable of joining with James and other stars in a constructive way.

Johnson's importance to this three-headed plan is underlined by the Knicks' decision to visit him first on Thursday in Los Angeles before circling back to Akron, Ohio, for their scheduled meeting with James.

The proposal of bringing three stars to New York marks a breakthrough in strategy for the Knicks, who have been seen as outsiders in the race for James. With an estimated $34.5 million in cap space, it has been assumed they would offer max contracts to James and another player -- with the veiled understanding that two stars probably wouldn't be enough to drive the Knicks past contenders like the Celtics and Magic, who have knocked James' Cavs out of the playoffs over the last two years, or the Lakers, who have won the last two championships.

By dividing its cap space equally among three elite recruits -- another idea floated on behalf of Miami -- the Knicks would pay starting base salaries of $11.5 million each to James, Johnson and the power forward . That amounts to a salary cut of $5.3 million per year compared to the max salary each player could receive from another market.

Including bonuses, each can player can earn an average salary of $15.7 million over a five-year contract, the source said.

The Knicks will enhance the offer by pointing out the numerous off-court opportunities available to star athletes in the world's largest media market, enabling the players to ultimately make more money in New York than each could on a max contract in other NBA cities.

The source emphasized that the financial offer will be dwarfed by its prestige: If James and his two fellow stars bring success of the highest order to New York, which hasn't won an NBA championship since 1973, they will become the league's most lauded players since Michael Jordan left Chicago.

Los Angeles, Chicago and Boston have realized enormous success as large markets, James will be told, but nothing will compare to the opportunities that could be waiting for James and his teammates if they were to win championships in New York.

While Miami can put together a similar offer, the Knicks believe the three stars will be more comfortable in the larger setting of New York, where the Yankees have congregated large numbers of stars for decades.

The three new Knicks would be joined by an existing second unit of young shooting forwards, Danilo Gallinari and Wilson Chandler, and second-year point guard Toney Douglas, leaving New York to round out the rotation by signing three or four contributing role players to veteran-minimum contracts for next season.

The Knicks' key recruiter Thursday will be coach Mike 'Antoni , who has been an assistant coach to James on the USA Basketball teams that have played in the Olympics and World Championships in recent years. Presentations will also be made by Knicks owner James Dolan and president Donnie Walsh.

Altogether, they plan to raise two additional points during their presentation: Next summer they will promise to use the cap space created by Eddy Curry's $11.3 million expiring salary to make a run at a fourth free agent , whether it's Carmelo Anthony or another star. This enhanced flexibility is something James won't find in another market, he will be told.

In addition, the Knicks can warn James that if he doesn't want to join them, then he should consider how he'll feel competing against Johnson, Bosh or Stoudemire and one or two more stars by 2011-12. As they'll tell James Thursday, they have no choice but to build a championship team -- with or without him. They will encourage him to decide quickly, in order to help them recruit a big winner.

Will this be enough to bring James to the Knicks? By appealing to his sense of destiny and the promise of commanding the world's largest stage as NBA champion, they believe they've come up with a dynastic plan as audacious as the city they hope he'll adopt when contracts can be signed July 8.

more here: http://sportsillustrated....ch.lebron/#ixzz0sInvKgUe

What im thinking about, what IF lebron comes here, and we win it all.

Why would it matter? Everyone would still crap on us saying, we wouldnt have done it without him. Either way, its a lose lose situation
laugh.gif

Can't see Bosh going to NY unless Lebron commits first, after all he is "just a country boy from the South" lol. While NY'ers can be abrasive and extremely arrogant without having a legit reason to be, the way the media (e.g BSPN) has been taking a dump on the Knicks, I really hope it works out for you guys.

LOL you gotta be kidding me with that billboard.

And you know how construction goes in NYC...that building won't be open for another four years, not two.

Dantoni on colbert report

hilarious. he's like so theres a player making 11 million dollars next year. but he never plays. i want that contract. just give me 5 i'm saving you 6 million hahaha. dantoni is just like well ummm hahah

Originally Posted by BangDak

What im thinking about, what IF lebron comes here, and we win it all.

Why would it matter? Everyone would still crap on us saying, we wouldnt have done it without him. Either way, its a lose lose situation
laugh.gif
true, but thats what theyll be saying if he goes elsewhere too. why not it be us then

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

Originally Posted by beh235

I said this a long time ago, and now people realize this. I guess I didn't state my point clearly. I said on pg. 558 of this thread that the Knicks couldn't afford Lebron AND another max free agent. It must have been the wording of what I said that made people think that the Knicks couldn't afford Lebron at all. Looks like this is coming true. It also appears that it is unlikely that he is going to sign with the Knicks. Knick fans are wishful thinkers, but not getting Lebron is going to further ruin the franchise. They should gut the team and find a way to fire James Dolan. Donnie Walsh can only do so much with that cheap owner over him.

Originally Posted by BMWStew

Hell you talking about, Melo "coming home", Melo is from Bmore NOT NY.
wait who the hell are these people 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

^ Someone who knows the truth. Jerk. Why are they scrambling to dump Eddie Curry and Wilson Chandler? They should have done that already? Wasn't this one of the first teams to race to Lebron 2 summers ago, by publicly admitting that they were gonna clear cap space to sign him, and now what are they? The third or fourth option? Dolan is a stupid owner, he overpays for underachieving talent (Curry, Allan Houston) and then signs D'antoni to coach a run and gun style that doesn't fit the personnel? They are a little better than in years past, yes. They can't draft, and ones they did draft, they gave them away (Channing Frye anyone?). If David Lee is smart, he'll leave. They constantly mortgage the future to try to win now (their 2010 lottery pick went to Utah) and it never works. This is not how you build a team. That being said, they do not have as much money as Chicago or Miami to sign Lebron and another player. I used to be a knick fan a long time ago. In my heart of hearts, i'm a knick fan, but this franchise is terrible right now. Face it, this team hasn't been important since #33 was traded. Knick fans just don't see the facts, just like John Starks in 1994 in game 7.

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

Originally Posted by beh235

I said this a long time ago, and now people realize this. I guess I didn't state my point clearly. I said on pg. 558 of this thread that the Knicks couldn't afford Lebron AND another max free agent. It must have been the wording of what I said that made people think that the Knicks couldn't afford Lebron at all. Looks like this is coming true. It also appears that it is unlikely that he is going to sign with the Knicks. Knick fans are wishful thinkers, but not getting Lebron is going to further ruin the franchise. They should gut the team and find a way to fire James Dolan. Donnie Walsh can only do so much with that cheap owner over him.

Originally Posted by BMWStew

Hell you talking about, Melo "coming home", Melo is from Bmore NOT NY.
wait who the hell are these people 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

^ Someone who knows the truth. Jerk. Why are they scrambling to dump Eddie Curry and Wilson Chandler? They should have done that already? Wasn't this one of the first teams to race to Lebron 2 summers ago, by publicly admitting that they were gonna clear cap space to sign him, and now what are they? The third or fourth option? Dolan is a stupid owner, he overpays for underachieving talent (Curry, Allan Houston) and then signs D'antoni to coach a run and gun style that doesn't fit the personnel? They are a little better than in years past, yes. They can't draft, and ones they did draft, they gave them away (Channing Frye anyone?). If David Lee is smart, he'll leave. They constantly mortgage the future to try to win now (their 2010 lottery pick went to Utah) and it never works. This is not how you build a team. That being said, they do not have as much money as Chicago or Miami to sign Lebron and another player. I used to be a knick fan a long time ago. In my heart of hearts, i'm a knick fan, but this franchise is terrible right now. Face it, this team hasn't been important since #33 was traded. Knick fans just don't see the facts, just like John Starks in 1994 in game 7.

Landry Fields Highlights

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 I will never bash a player again without watching more footage of them... 

3:45 = 
eek.gif

This dude really could be a hell of a role player off the bench for the Knicks. He's a smart kid, I think that's what they were going for with their picks. They wanted guys who wouldn't try to play out of their game and also be completely comftorable with being role players

[h1]Source: Knicks Will Present LeBron With Three-Star Plan[/h1]Jun 29, 2010 11:53 PM EST

James_LeBron_cle.jpg
The Knicks are preparing to pitch LeBron James on an ambitious proposal under which two other All-Stars join James in New York to form a dominant roster capable of winning multiple championships.

SI.com spoke with a "league source with complete understanding of New York's plans" that said the Knicks will sell James on the team's vision of surrounding him with shooting guard Joe Johnson and either Chris Bosh or Amar'e Stoudemire at power forward.

The Knicks have been seen as outsiders in the pursuit of James but their bold attempt to bring three stars to New York represents a significant shift in strategy.

The team would divide its estimated $34.5 million in cap room equally among all three free agents, meaning each would start at about a yearly salary of $11.5 million.

The source said that, with bonuses achieved, each player can earn an average salary of $15.7 million over a five-year contract.

On top of those salary and bonus amounts paid on the player contracts, the Knicks will emphasize that with many off-the-court opportunities for star athletes in the world's largest media market, the players would be able to earn more in New York than they would make on a maximum-salary contract in other NBA cities. If the players reach their potential and win a championship, additional endorsement opportunities will be available to them.

If three top free agents are ready to come aboard, then Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Toney Douglas, Bill Walker and three to four veteran-minimum players would surround the team's 'Big Three.'

The team will also promise James that the front office will use the cap space created by Eddy Curry's $11.3 million expiring salary to pursue a fourth free agent, potentially Carmelo Anthony, in 2011. James will be told that this additional flexibility next summer is another element that James will not have in any of the other markets.

So this is the plan? Offer players less than max with huge bonus clause in the contract for making the playoffs which will be nothing?
pimp.gif

[h1]Pierce Will Opt Out, Listen To Offers From Other Teams[/h1]
Jun 30, 2010 12:33 AM EST

Pierce_Paul_bos.jpg
Paul Pierce has notified the Boston Celtics that he will opt out of the final year of his contract before Wednesday's deadline, according to sources.

Pierce has never been an unrestricted free agent in his career.

Pierce will forfeit next season's $21.5 million salary but becomes eligible to sign a new four-year deal with the Celtics worth a maximum of $96 million and can receive four-year offers from other teams worth a maximum $93 million.

Sources said that Pierce will begin free agency by talking first to the Celtics when the market opens on Thursday at 12:01 a.m., but he will also listen to outside offers.

Back
Top Bottom