Bucher just roasted us on ESPN Radio......
"There are three PFs (Bosh, Amare, Boozer) and only two places for them to go - Chicago and Miami"  
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Yall got me buggin out, blockbuster deal with Steve Nash?
Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up or mislead anyone but, I can't be the only person thinking Steve Nash, David Lee, Wilson Chandler and Eddy Curry could be included in some mega sign and trade involving Amare right?
I thought about something like that but I had Gallinari pinned in there instead of Chandler.  I'm reallllllly against trading Eddy Curry's contract before it expires naturally.  IMO it's our biggest asset.
Big J 33 has said a couple times that getting rid of Curry's contract now would be better for us cuz we still don't know how things will work out with the CBA next summer and there's no guarantee the max is going to be the same.

I mean even if we trade him now in some package if we're getting Steve Nash and Amare or Chris Paul it's worth it. Plus if we do that then we don't have to be looking to sign more than one max player(LeBron) we could still have cash left over to holla at Melo if he isn't gone in a trade.

Right now, I'd pass on the S&T with Nash.  I may be in the minority but I'm not a fan of the age.  If it's for Chris Paul or Carmelo then fine, I'm all for trading Eddy's contract.  The new CBA can do nothing but help us.  It's not going to increase the $ for a potential max contract, more than likely it'll decrease it.  But it can't change the status of his expiring contract.  Say if we do happen to pull of a miracle trade for a PG w/the Curry contract why go after Melo if you sign Bron?  Get a big man.  Besides, in order for that miracle trade to happen we're going to have to take back the bad contract of either Okafor or West which is going to take up more cap space and hurt us.

We gotta pitch to these FA's the one thing that Miami and Chicago can not offer them.  We may not win this coming year (although we'll be damn close w/Bron and another FA) but we'll damn sure be loaded next year with $11 million coming off the books to sign another top tier FA.  If you go to Miami with Wade and Bosh and you don't win, how is that team going to get better in the next year or two?  Same in Chicago.  We can offer you the luxury of playing with a big man on the block, an emerging PG and two solid wing players.  Next season, we can offer you whomever you'd like on the market.  That should be one of our sells.

Originally Posted by ehh

Bucher just roasted us on ESPN Radio......
"There are three PFs (Bosh, Amare, Boozer) and only two places for them to go - Chicago and Miami"  
roll.gif

laugh.gif
!#+! is ridiculous.....whats more ridiculous is that 90 percent of the public believes what these idiots have to say

I think people are over playing the "Amar'e needs Nash to be good" card. Nash makes everyone better period. Amar'e has a solid jumper from 17-20 ft and still has a quick first step. Besides Howard and maybe Perkins, what other great bigs are in the east. Amar'e will eat them alive and live at the FT line. Give me Amar'e and I'm good.

I mean, it's safe to say that Bosh is going to Miami

so where does that leave Boozer and Amare?

and if it's true that Amare had a better offer from another team.....???
nerd.gif

I've never been a big Amare fan but if it'll help us get LeBron, I'll be good. It's not the offense I would be worried about. He is going to put up his points but he refuses to crash the boards and play defense. Countless times we've seen him extremely hesitant to get dirty in the post and grab some boards. During these past playoffs he had the look of fear in his eyes as Derek Fisher and Sasha Vujacic were driving down the lane. Didn't even attempt to contest the shots. Didn't even try to draw a charge. Consistently disappearing in the big moments/series doesn't help either (outside of that ONE series against TD). He's a one dimensional player and with his past injuries that both have a history of recurring in other players, I'm not sold on him. We can't just look at this for next season.

We gotta pitch to these FA's the one thing that Miami and Chicago can not offer them.  We may not win this coming year (although we'll be damn close w/Bron and another FA) but we'll damn sure be loaded next year with $11 million coming off the books to sign another top tier FA. 

that's not how it works. we would need to use a good amount of that money to resign players and stuff.

From Windhorst, who is reliable IMO.....

Here's what I hear from yesterday: LeBron interested in Nets pitch but not so much NY. NY trying at moment to secure Amare' to help cause

Originally Posted by DubA169

We gotta pitch to these FA's the one thing that Miami and Chicago can not offer them.  We may not win this coming year (although we'll be damn close w/Bron and another FA) but we'll damn sure be loaded next year with $11 million coming off the books to sign another top tier FA. 

that's not how it works. we would need to use a good amount of that money to resign players and stuff.

Only person coming off the books next season is Chandler and he is restricted.  We're not going to be giving out one year contracts this offseason.

Proph, I'm honestly torn on the situation.  Bosh is the perfect fit to me.  Outside of maybe Gasol and Dirk there is no other 4 in the league more talented or better than him.  Great outside and inside game, rebounds on both sides of the floor, great FT shooter, a much improved defender and no significant injury history.  Again, I have no problem with Amare IF he's helping us get LeBron.  I don't care much for Boozer and I'd bring Lee back for no more than $9 million and make sure he plays the 4 ONLY.

Originally Posted by DubA169

i would be shocked if he goes to Newark to play with a 12 win team.
LBJ is looking forward, not backwards.  You've gotta be a homer to think the Knicks have a better situation in the next 4-5 years than the Nets do.

Is Byron Scott Really going to make a difference I mean he doesn't even have a winning record.

good cores don't win 12 games. nothing to do with being a homer. brook lopez is good. rest of the team doesn't do anything for me. harris is one of the most overrated players in the NBA

To Byron's credit, he took over two awful teams and turned them around. Now if you wanna credit that to him or to the Kidd/Paul combination, that's your call. But he does deserve credit for that.

Originally Posted by ehh

Just had dinner w @dwadeofficial. Great way to end day 1 of #freeagency although it feels like someone is missing...

Yeah, your other 9 teammates in Miami.
laugh.gif
IM sayin.. $!$$ aint gonna happen

Originally Posted by LonelyBoySole

Originally Posted by ehh

Just had dinner w @dwadeofficial. Great way to end day 1 of #freeagency although it feels like someone is missing...

Yeah, your other 9 teammates in Miami.
laugh.gif
IM sayin.. $!$$ aint gonna happen
He's on someone Groupie stuff 
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom