Originally Posted by LonelyBoySole

Originally Posted by ehh

Just had dinner w @dwadeofficial. Great way to end day 1 of #freeagency although it feels like someone is missing...

Yeah, your other 9 teammates in Miami.
laugh.gif
IM sayin.. $!$$ aint gonna happen

Damn
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It seems like Chris Bosh is trying to get all of the attention he can. It seems like he is set on going to Miami, but he is getting a kick out of dropping hints on twitter.

I like how Lebron is handling it.

[h2]Stoudemire leaning toward Knicks?[/h2]
By Mark J. Miller

The Phoenix Suns had one last effort the other day to re-sign Amar'e Stoudemire(notes), but it may not have been good enough. The New York Knicks are making a serious run at him at this point.

A Phoenix sports-radio host, John Gombadoro, tweeted that there is no way Stoudemire is returning to the Suns and that the power forward is leaning toward signing with the Knicks, who he believes have offered Stoudemire a max contract.

Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski reports that there is no max offer on the table just yet and that the "sides will talk over weekend."
HoopsWorld also has it that the Knicks haven't made an offer just yet but negotiations have started. The site's source says the Suns "came in too low" with its offer

this may be confusing but..

I like the way we would be sitting if Amare comes on board.

- Bulls and Nets can't offer Amare a max deal first, because then they won't have a max in place for LeBron. They'd left going after Boozer/Lee.

- I think Bosh is looking like a Miami lock, but even if they wanted Amare, they'd either have to max him out (and then LeBron or Wade needs to take less) or ask him to take a pay cut. Amare doesn't strike me as a pay cut type of guy.

- Takes one more sign and trade option for the Cavs off the board (not like they have the assets to begin with, but still)

The idea of Bosh/LeBron to Chicago is a threat, but Bosh seems to be smiting with Miami. If that's the case and Bron doesn't want the 'dream team'..he's left with these options..

- NY with Amare, and our other players with Eddy's deal in the fold

- Chicago with Boozer/Lee and their cast. No future cap flexibility.

- NJ with Boozer/Lee and their cast

- Cleveland with the same old, same old.

That's what I'm hoping for. Get Amare ASAP, while Bosh/Wade sign with Miami.

it isn't confusing. i see it the same way as you. plus add the hawks killing themelves for the next 6 years to the list. they can't resign anybody good

i've always said that miami signing someone huge is great for us. i was just always hoping it would be Amare and we could sign Bosh. we need to get this done. it's worth the risk. he isn't my first chpice but i'd much rather have him over JJ.

What's going on with TP? I was against the possibility earlier, but his signing along with Amar'e would be a formidable lure for James.

TP
Gallo
James
Stoudemire
____

We still need a damn C
smh.gif
smh.gif
. Someone mentioned earlier the possibility of dealing Lee w/ Curry to N.O. for CP3 & Okafor. I LOVE Lee (NH), but this would have to be done with no second thought. For some reason, I think the Knicks should be a little more active in pursuing assets through trades as of right now. Lee, Chandler, and Curry should be the main bargaining chips for that.

WHEN are we meeting amare

today or tomorrow?

RT @loyaloneforlife: I'm about 2 apply 2 be a commentator for ESPN.These "experts" are clueless to what is actually going on in the NBA .

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Here's what I hear from yesterday: LeBron interested in Nets pitch but not so much NY. NY trying at moment to secure Amare' to help cause Twitter

tag.png
NEW JERSEY NETSNEW YORK KNICKSFREE AGENCYLEBRON JAMES  |  SHARE  

Wow it dosen't look good for the Knicks if that's the case, it seems to me knicks have to get a another top star player in order for Lebron to be interested in the Knicks.  No wonder they going hard at Amare, which is not bad at all.

explain to me how he has any clue to what lebron is thinking? lebron didn't speak to anyone.

i bet his "source" is a nets employee

Originally Posted by Al3xis

this may be confusing but..

I like the way we would be sitting if Amare comes on board.

- Bulls and Nets can't offer Amare a max deal first, because then they won't have a max in place for LeBron. They'd left going after Boozer/Lee.

- I think Bosh is looking like a Miami lock, but even if they wanted Amare, they'd either have to max him out (and then LeBron or Wade needs to take less) or ask him to take a pay cut. Amare doesn't strike me as a pay cut type of guy.

- Takes one more sign and trade option for the Cavs off the board (not like they have the assets to begin with, but still)

The idea of Bosh/LeBron to Chicago is a threat, but Bosh seems to be smiting with Miami. If that's the case and Bron doesn't want the 'dream team'..he's left with these options..

- NY with Amare, and our other players with Eddy's deal in the fold

- Chicago with Boozer/Lee and their cast. No future cap flexibility.

- NJ with Boozer/Lee and their cast

- Cleveland with the same old, same old.

That's what I'm hoping for. Get Amare ASAP, while Bosh/Wade sign with Miami.

I agree with you for the most part here.  Although I think if Cleveland was willing to take back a big contract and keep Varajao on top of that, they might be able to somehow get a S&T done.

If it's going to be Bosh in Miami and Amare in NYC, I hope we have a serviceable center to help Amare with that matchup.

Other than that, I'm on board.  It's just getting extremely frustrating, just want it to be over.  All these fake reports, all these so called experts dumping on the Knicks and not even mentioning them when it comes to FA's.  It was all good with them six months ago.

Just wait until Monday and let Lebron decide because no one really knows whats going on in those meetings reporters just write things to sell papers, the same thing was written/reported (ESPN was sure he was going to an LA team and trashed NY, and the Yankees for godsake even the Mets had a better chance of landing CC than the Yankees did lol) and the media about CC Sabathia he wanted no part of NY he was going to take less to play every where but here and at the end of the day he signed with Yankees. Lebron will do what he deems is right for him and his family I just wish he didnt have a million people in his ear spinning him every which way if he was his own man he be a Knick already. I think he is smart enough to know this is the only place where his legacy can reach iconic proportions all he has to do is win once in NY and he wouldnt have to pay for another meal ever in this town and he can ask Mark Messier, Clyde Frasier, Willis Reed, Joe Namath even David Tyree who made the helmet catch for the Giants every Yankee great etc. I agree with Jeter when he said he wasnt recruiting Him over here cause NY sells itself and if he hasnt gotten that yet he never will.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

We still need a damn C
smh.gif
smh.gif
. Someone mentioned earlier the possibility of dealing Lee w/ Curry to N.O. for CP3 & Okafor. I LOVE Lee (NH), but this would have to be done with no second thought. For some reason, I think the Knicks should be a little more active in pursuing assets through trades as of right now. Lee, Chandler, and Curry should be the main bargaining chips for that.
I was JUST looking at trade machine trying to work this out... CP3 in NYC a possiblity? what are yall hearing?

Ric Bucher is reporting Miami is having second thoughts about giving Chris Bosh a max contract because he doesn't appear to be all about winning..... Its probably cause he wants a max deal lol

If we're gettin Amare this year but no Lebron.. we better be signing Melo next year who I think would thoroughly enjoy playing in NY.

Is there any way the Knicks could work out a S&T to bring in Chris Paul? As a b-ball fan, I'd love to see that happen....of course under the premise that Lebron is gonna be a Knick.

They'll have to dump probably Curry, Gallo/Chandler (or maybe both), a draft pick for like 2012 or 13 whenever the hell the next one they have is and have to take back Okafor's contract in return.

Originally Posted by Proshares

They'll have to dump probably Curry, Gallo/Chandler (or maybe both), a draft pick for like 2012 or 13 whenever the hell the next one they have is and have to take back Okafor's contract in return.

Would you be on board for that move?  Let's say that the Hornets want both Gallo and Chandler....again, all under the premise that Lebron is already signed by NY

Originally Posted by NY41101

Ric Bucher is reporting Miami is having second thoughts about giving Chris Bosh a max contract because he doesn't appear to be all about winning..... Its probably cause he wants a max deal lol

I don't blame them Chris Bosh is NOT worth the MAX

I don't think it would go through because of the size of Okafor's contract close to 10.8. They could throw in James Posey so it'd look like Paul and Posey to NYK with Curry, Gallinari, Chandler and Douglas to NO. That would decimate our roster. After that we'd have Walker, LeBron, Posey and Paul under contract which would be about $40mm on the cap leaving say $20mm for 8 players w/maybe the MLE. Say you convince one of these PF's to take a backloaded contract that could work in your favor I suppose. But even if it comes out to $11mm a year that leaves you with little money to fill out the roster. And no cap space for a until 2014. I'd say no right now.

Back
Top Bottom