please, just stop saying my, our, and we.
seriously. i dont care if you applied for bandwagon last year, we aint acceptin you
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

please, just stop saying my, our, and we.
seriously. i dont care if you applied for bandwagon last year, we aint acceptin you
laugh.gif
I've got 234 days to change your opinion of me. We all deserve to be accepted in life.

I missed the game tonight, or rather last night, but I avoided the heartbreak. I'll have plenty more chances though this season.

NEW YORK - When your team is 1-6 and struggling to get wins,even the impending return of Eddy Curry constitutes big news.

The 6-foot-11 Curry, who has been out since the first day of training camp with a torn calf muscle, is expected to return to practice with the Knicks onTuesday.

"That's what I heard," Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni said before Utah beat the Knicks 95-93 Monday at MSG to drop NewYork to 1-7 on the young season.

Curry wasn't on the team's bench for Monday's game, but Knicks President Donnie Walsh previously said Curry was working out"two-three times a day" at the Knicks' Westchester campus.

Walsh said Curry lost significant weight this summer, but then pulled "his hamstring once and his calf muscle another time" after returning inearly September.

That, after last season in which Curry played just 12 minutes in three games.

Still, Walsh believes Curry can help the Knicks, who are sorely lacking a low-post presence.

"It could help," Walsh said. "Getting Nate back and getting Eddy back would help us, there's no doubt about it."

Nate Robinson, who sprained his right ankle in the loss to Philly Oct, 31, could come back Thursday or Friday, D'Antoni said.

D'Antoni said he hopes Curry can dunk on some guys out of the pick-and-roll.

"He'll be that big guy in the middle, running down setting a pick, rolling and trying to get the ball close to the basket and hope he dunks oneverybody," he said. "That would be ideal."

If nothing else, Curry's return could help the Knicks market him as trade bait to open up further cap space. Curry is due $11.3 million next season.

With or without Curry, Walsh conceded that everyone associated with the Knicks is "disappointed" with their start.

"Everybody here's disappointed," he said. "The coaches, the players, management. I haven't talked to the owners, but everybody. Fans.We're all disappointed. But that isn't going to turn it around.

"It's going to take the players to turn it aorund. I hope they have that kind of inner strength because when you get started off the way we havenobody is going to be helping you. Nobody."

Still, Walsh also said he's not opposed to making a move and picking up a player if it would help the team and if it "fit in with what ourphilosophy is going to be."

Speculation has already arisen that the Knicks should consider Memphis guard Allen Iverson, who has taken a leave of absence from theGrizzlies for personal reasons. But reports indicate Walsh isn't interested.

Iverson will make about $3 million this year and has no contract for next season.

"It depends who it is," Walsh said. "I'm never locked in."

On the one hand, Walsh says his objective is to keep his team under the salary cup so it can afford at least one big-name free agent.

"I'm not going to throw away our ability to get better in the future," he said of potential trades this season.

He added: "This [losing] isn't easy for me, but yet I know the best way for this franchise to go is the way we're going, the fastestway."

On the other hand, Walsh seems concerned that the media, the fans and perhaps even the players are obsessed with the summer of 2010 and what might loomahead with LeBron James, Dwyane Wade or the other big-name free agents coming on the market.

"I'm not looking to free agency today," he said. "I'm looking to this team and basically the players on this team because there areguys out here I like, and if I could I'd like to keep them."

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Just 234 more days of suffering my NYK brethren
tired.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
What makes this even more painful is the fact that that bum Isiah traded away our 2010 1st round pick.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
That friggin bum Isiah
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Gottt damn, the Atlantic Division is worse than I thought it was gonna be. We all knew the Nets would be crap and we knew the NYK would be bad, but not this bad. Even my OG team - the Raptors - are trash
smh.gif
. Celtics are gonna clinch the division with 30 wins - which they should get by December 17.
Seriously dude, shut up.

wait I completely don't get why Walsh and D'antoni dislikes Ivo that much ...... I mean I could understand if they're trying to get the young guysintegrated into D'Antoni's system but as of now they're barely even running anything resembling his offense

yeah well I wish I was friends with biggie. can't always get what you wish for. At least we have the yankees.

the reason we don't want iverson is because he will stunt players growth. How you ask? would douglas have had that many shots in the other game withiverson playing? with douglas or gallo have shots at the game winning shot and learn from the misses? No, because all the key shots would go to iverson. Now atleast we go through growing pains, and douglas won't take an off balance game winning shot next time

Curry_Eddy_nyk.jpg
The Knicks are attempting to stage another comeback for Eddy Curry, who is now reportedly down to 305 pounds.

"He's been working unbelievably hard," Mike D'Antoni said. "He's going on a pace that's murderous. He feels more comfortable with us than being with you guys (the media)."

Donnie Walsh isn't sure if Curry's comeback is legitimate just yet.

"I'm not certain," Walsh said. "That's the whole idea. We have done everything we can to get him to a point where he can do that. But until he does it, I'm not certain."

The Knicks have four days off following Friday's game against Golden State, after which they hope Curry will be able to play.

Note: On Tuesday, Alan Hahn of Newsday reported via Twitter that he has heard that Curry is now under 300 pounds.

pimp.gif

"He's been working unbelievably hard," Mike D'Antoni said. "He's going on a pace that's murderous."

eek.gif
laugh.gif

And nobody can tell me Eddy can't play well if he's at that weight. He has the talent.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

when has talent been curry problem?

since he bulls day he cant stay in shape, cant stay heathly and cant guard the post

Originally Posted by DubA169

yeah well I wish I was friends with biggie. can't always get what you wish for. At least we have the yankees.

the reason we don't want iverson is because he will stunt players growth. How you ask? would douglas have had that many shots in the other game with iverson playing? with douglas or gallo have shots at the game winning shot and learn from the misses? No, because all the key shots would go to iverson. Now at least we go through growing pains, and douglas won't take an off balance game winning shot next time
People take this "stunting a player's growth" thing wayy too seriously. Fact of the matter is, if you're not tauted as asuperstar in the league from day one, you won't be in two or three seasons. A serviceable role player will be a serviceable role player whether or not hecomes into that role after his first season or the next. Douglas has had 1 game where he got major burn and did his thing, but he got the bump over ChrisDuhon. An upgrade in talent is an upgrade in talent. There's pretty much nothing attractive about this team. No one can carry this offense right now. Andyour coach is Mike freaking _'Antoni.

Ivo wouldn't be with the team long if signed, although I would hope he found a home to finish out his last 2-3 years.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

when has talent been curry problem?

since he bulls day he cant stay in shape, cant stay heathly and cant guard the post
there's some people that think he is of no value at all to this team, in shape. I disagree, big time.

Originally Posted by DubA169

the reason we don't want iverson is because he will stunt players growth. How you ask? would douglas have had that many shots in the other game with iverson playing? with douglas or gallo have shots at the game winning shot and learn from the misses? No, because all the key shots would go to iverson. Now at least we go through growing pains, and douglas won't take an off balance game winning shot next time
That would make sense if say Gallo was being a lot more aggressive or if douglas was going to be more than a sixth man at best ..... like I saidthey're not running that much of the system and all these early blowouts are getting past ridiculous

Edit
that's a great pic .. where did you find it
Hell I'll even like to see Darko get a bit more time to see if he has anything left worth salvaging

Back
Top Bottom