Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

capress-bkn_courting_lebron-3863729.jpg

pimp.gif

FisolaNYDN

Can't confirm this but a Knicks source claims the location may be Allan Houston's house. Wow 2 minutes ago via mobile web Retweeted by you and 37 others

don't buy into this conference being held in Connecticut means hes going to the knicks... remember that is where the main espn studios are... im not trying to be negative but im also not trying to get my hopes up for nothing... i was love to have lebron on the knicks but i just don't want to be disappointed... and best believe if and when he comes to the knicks im buying both a lebron jersey and amare... first current knicks jersey i ever bought... i do have a ewing throwback though

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Whether we get LeBron or not, Donnie Walsh did an AMAZING job. We're in EXCELLENT shape considering where we came from.

This is what we've been waiting on fellas. Moving toward respectability.
pimp.gif
This is all i can ask for at this point.

That's cold blooded if he did that in H20's house. How they go from studio in Greenwich to his house?
laugh.gif

[h2]Bulls have moved on from the Big 3[/h2]
Posted on: July 7, 2010 2:01 pm

Edited on: July 7, 2010 2:11 pm

Looks like Chicago, along with New Jersey and the Clippers, will be the big losers from this monstrous free agency period. 

With Chris Bosh headed to Miami to join Dwyane Wade, and LeBron James apparently having narrowed his choices down between Cleveland and the Heat, the Bulls no longer look to be in contention to sign a free-agent. K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune reports via Twitter that the Bulls have moved on from the Big 3 and will "turn their attention"towards other lesser free agents like Carlos Boozer and David Lee among others, as well as pursue trades. 

It's going to be a disappointing year for Bulls fans who will wonder what could have been. Dwyane Wade said in an interview on ESPN's SportCenter that he thought heavily about Chicago and that it was a "very difficult " decision. But now the Bulls are moving on with the prospect of only adding a second-tier player to their roster. Granted, the Bulls are a team on the rise having made the playoffs the past two years with a new coach in Tom Thibodeau. But they could have been a favorite to win the title. They moved salary, cleared space specifically to land both James and another max free agent and they will miss on all of them. That's a pretty crushing blow to a franchise that legitimately seemed in the front of the pack going into last weekend. 

There were signs, of course. Rumors that the Bulls had moved up their Saturday meeting with James to try and get him to commit to a deal before the end of the day. A risky proposition, and if the rumors were true, one that may have cost them. Bulls management has long thought to be too brusque, too bullish, and may not have put their best foot forward, even with a great market, the lure of playing in Jordan's town, and the best assembled roster of any of the suitors for the Big 3's services. 

Losing Wade doubly hurts as his divorce settlement gave even more reason for him to sign with the hometown Bulls. But this is where they are, and they have to go forward. 

Boozer and Lee are both good options, though Lee is likely a better value and does more of what they need without Boozer's considerable baggage. They're not elite, but they could help the Bulls to be a better team. At this point, the future of the Bulls will rest squarely on Derrick Rose's shoulders. The team can add other free agents to help out (a significant offer for sharpshooter Anthony Morrow would be a great start), but at the end of the day, Rose will have to ascend to superstardom in order for the Bulls to contend. This is especially taxing considering how the East is now shaping up, with the Celtics making at least one more run, Orlando with a strong core, the Cavaliers possibly returning most of their 60+ win team, and Miami coming on as a contender for the title. 

The Bulls may have been the frontrunners at one point, and had a legit shot at returning to the top of the NBA empire. Now they're just another franchise trying to add pieces, fighting for their stake of the middle ground behind the elite, populated by the players they just missed out on. 

-Matt Moore

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Whether we get LeBron or not, Donnie Walsh did an AMAZING job. We're in EXCELLENT shape considering where we came from.

This is what we've been waiting on fellas. Moving toward respectability.
You gotta think that even if Lebron doesn't sign with the Knicks, they'll be able to line up 1-2 other high caliber players and should be in a much better position than they've been in a long time.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

FisolaNYDN

Can't confirm this but a Knicks source claims the location may be Allan Houston's house. Wow 2 minutes ago via mobile web Retweeted by you and 37 others

2640rhw.gif

The only thing worse than the Knicks not getting LBJ, is getting our hopes up a day beforehand, then not getting him.

We can be excited/optimistic, but until I see him say it and he's signed the papers, I won't believe anything for a fact.

February 19th

T-Mac

"I've made a lot of money over my career. I can retire right now and I can be fine financially and my kids can be fine when they get older. Money is not an issue," McGrady said Friday after reporting to the Knicks' practice facility in Greenburgh. "If these guys were to bring in a LeBron or a -Wade, along with a  Chris Bosh or a (Amare) Stoudemire, I'd be a damn fool to not want to stay here.

"I will definitely embrace the opportunity to be here. Money will not be an issue."

Would we have $ left over for Felton/or Luke + Mike Miller & Kurt Thomas?

Kurt Thomas, Vet Min

T-Mac, vet min

Idk how Mike Miller & Luke would work out

Back
Top Bottom