[h1]Knicks Feel They're 'Strongly In The Mix' For LeBron
[/h1]Jul 07, 2010 2:31 PM EST

James_LeBron_cle.jpg
The New York Knicks remain confident that they are one of the top contenders to sign LeBron James.

"We think we're still in this thing," a Knicks' source said told ESPN. "We keep hearing all the things you're hearing, but our best information tells us we are still strongly in the mix."

^Joe Budden was born in NY and I think he's a Knicks fan.

Don't apologize now ESPN. Seems the truth is coming out and they wanna change their tone. Whether we get him or not just keep ignoring us and reporting any and every rumor you hear.

Anyway if Bron isn't coming I'd think Amar'e would let us know. He's already in a NYSOM so I think he'd ruin the whole surprise hrs before if he found out since he's close enough to know whether or not LeBron's ppl contacted Donnie. With that in mind if they do you won't hear a peep out from the Knicks until 9pm tomorrow.

anyone else get the feeling this is going to be like a national signing day type thing tomorrow? where bron starts talking and then he pulls a knicks hat from underneath the table and puts it on lol

I almost shed a tear when we signed Steph, if the words New York Knicks come out LeBron's mouth tomorrow night...I don't know how I'm gonna react.

[h1]Scott Remains Hopeful About LeBron Returning To Cavs
[/h1]Jul 07, 2010 2:35 PM EST

James_LeBron_cle.jpg
With just over 36 hours to go before LeBron James announces his decision, the Cavs' new head coach Byron Scott traveled to Akron to watch James workout.

Scott did not speak with James but left saying his fingers were crossed.

"I'm always hopeful," Scott said
[h1]LeBron Will Be In Connecticut For Announcement[/h1]
Jul 07, 2010 2:44 PM EST

James_LeBron_cle.jpg
LeBron James will make his announcement on Thursday from Greenwich, Connecticut.

Alan Hahn of Newsday broke the news.

Via Newsday

It was our Plans first.. If this opulls through Walsh will look like a God. Hopefully he don't retire so he has a chance to having a chip as a GM

Whether we get LeBron or not, Donnie Walsh did an AMAZING job. We're in EXCELLENT shape considering where we came from.

This is what we've been waiting on fellas. Moving toward respectability.

Whether we get LeBron or not, Donnie Walsh did an AMAZING job. We're in EXCELLENT shape considering where we came from.

This is what we've been waiting on fellas. Moving toward respectability.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]IF[/color] Lebron signs with us..

What's the chances of the first game being NY vs MIA?

john-starks-autographed-16x20-photo-new-york-knicks-the-dunk-against-the-bulls-with-autographwarehouse-certificate-of-authenticity-and-hologram_64283a873df9ff33b8947c7a0bc71fec.jpg

[h1]LeBron will make announcement in Greenwich, Conn.[/h1]
17 m ago By Alan Hahn

image.jpg

Multiple sources told Newsday that LeBron James' one-hour special on ESPN, called "The Decision", will be broadcast from a studio in Greenwich, Conn.

The show will air at 9 p.m. on Thursday night on ESPN and James will announce his destination of choice. There was a belief that James would make the announcement from his hometown of Akron, Ohio, which would lead to speculation that he would almost certainly choose to stay with the Cleveland Cavaliers. The fact that this announcement will be made at a neutral site -- though extremely close to the Knicks' practice facility in Westchester and less than an hour from Manhattan -- adds to the intrigue. 

The Knicks, who have put two years into preparing to lure James to New York, are believed to be very much in the running. The Nets are also among James' choices, along with the Chicago Bulls, Miami Heat, Los Angeles Clippers and, of course, the Cavaliers.

Free agents Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh both committed to the Heat today on ESPN, but said neither one has worked out contract details yet. The two left the door open for James to join them in South Beach for a new, more formidable version of Boston's Big Three.

Meanwhile, the Bulls and Nets are said to be hotly pursuing free agent Carlos Boozer to add to their rosters as a last-ditch effort to catch James' attention.

The Knicks came to terms with Amar'e Stoudemire on Monday. He will be introduced officially Thursday afternoon at a news conference at the Garden.

1zocho0.gif

This guy is not going to Miami, especially after Bosh didn't wanna go to Cleveland... consider him a Knicks..this will be the single biggest Knicks moment since we won the lotto and got Patrick lol

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Source on Grennwich, CT?!
nerd.gif

Alan Hahn of Newsday.

Do you find it interesting that a source from NY Knicks knew/ reported it first?

It's Alan Hahn. He was the one who was invited right outside of the first NYK meeting. He shuts the !+#@ up until he knows something legit. I'm bout to have a seizure.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

A lot of people from NJ are Knicks fans. You know the Nets are the illegitimate step-child.
laugh.gif

i must admit im guilty to this... im from nj and rep nj but im still a die hard knicks fan first... i think it was by default because my cable at the time didn't show nets games only knicks games and since then been a fan since ewing days

This guy is not going to Miami, especially after Bosh didn't wanna go to Cleveland... consider him a Knicks..this will be the single biggest Knicks moment since we won the lotto and got Patrick lol

Back
Top Bottom