Oh lord, somebody get Jeffries away from the 3 point line. I will not stand for this buffoonery all season (until he gets hurt).

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Wrong thread.
laugh.gif
frown.gif
embarassed.gif
Do you wanna give us Curry back?
laugh.gif

its sad how im a yankees, giants and knicks fan with the knicks being the most garbage out the 3
laugh.gif
... watever though i guess im loyal... on anthoer note, i seriously think the knickscan do better than last year... i see them getting 35-40 wins if everyone is healthy and the team has good chemistry... well see
nerd.gif
... hopefully 8th seed but if not i cant wait for summer of 2010 i know the knickswill sign somebody relevant even if its not lebron
pimp.gif
... imtryin to buy some tickets for this year... im thinkin when the lakers come to town... whos down
wink.gif

Originally Posted by maxtempo96

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Wrong thread.
laugh.gif
frown.gif
embarassed.gif

Do you wanna give us Curry back?
Back? You guys never had him .
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
yeah y'all got him but your starting PG won't even share the same backcourt with him
tongue.gif
No problem. We'll deal Ellis away. Curry is the FUTURE!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Seriously, I watched the preseason game today vs the Lakers and it looked like they were played well together chemistry-wise. We shall see later on down theroad though.

I just wanna poke my head in and say that we looked absolutely horrible. I don't expect us to shoot that bad all season, though.

damn gallinari isn't shooting well at all.

leave him in as a starter though, the shots will drop soon enough

[h1]Knicks live up to low expectations[/h1]Marc Berman
NY POST

The best thing that can happen to the Knicks now is having the Yan kees ride their wave into November. That way most New Yorkers will not pay much attention to how badly things are going for the Knicks this preseason.

"Can we keep that all year?" Mike D'Antoni cracked about the Yankees hogging the October spotlight.

Two weeks into training camp, the Knicks are living up to their low expectations. The two players the Knicks needed to emerge this camp and give their fan base a realistic sense they can be better than last season's 32-50 have been disasters -- Danilo Gallinari and Eddy Curry.

Rookie lottery pick Jordan Hill has not changed D'Antoni's opinion after summer league that he's not ready for the rotation. Center Darko Milicic will improve the interior defense, but he's been a liability offensively. Their other rookie, point guard Toney Douglas, has more bad moments than good. David Lee's outside shot is a touch better, but he still can't hit free throws or block a shot.

Curry's situation is laughable. With the pre-camp hype about his 40-pound weight loss and renewed dedication, he couldn't make it out of the first day of practice in tearing an obscure calf muscle. He hasn't been on the court since, out indefinitely, on a vague conditioning program, not even traveling with the club. Curry is a waste of money and any more newspaper ink. We probably knew that going in.

Gallinari's preseason is the puzzler, an alarming development. His presence as the next Hedo Turkoglu was hoped to be the biggest magnet to draw LeBron James. The Knicks should burn the DVD of their first two preseason games so King James can never see them.

With a back supposedly as good as new and 28 competent games behind him from a shortened rookie year, Gallinari was expected to be the dangerous sniper from the perimeter. He was going to be the X-factor allowing the Knicks to escape with the close games they choked on last year (18 losses by five points or less).

In two games, Gallinari looks slow, tentative and lack ing confidence shooting 3 of 13. He does not look like a starter, let alone a differen ce-maker.

After Friday's ugly 96-84 loss in Boston, Gallinari's body language in the locker room spoke volumes. At his locker, he was cloaked in a black sweatjacket, hood pulled over his head. He snuck out of the locker room as reporters spoke to Lee. The writers caught up with Gallinari outside. The Italian Stallion seemed more upset than at any point during his pain-ridden rookie year.

These Knicks lack overall toughness. Al Harrington whose put on 10 pounds of muscle, is the Knicks' best player, by far. There isn't another Eastern team on which Harrington would have that best-player role.

D'Antoni brags often about having guys who play multiple positions, like Jared Jeffries who can play all five. But the problem is they don't have anyone who dominates one position. There is versatility and familiarity, but also a collection of interchangeable parts that don't fit as a whole. D'Antoni still searches for a starting five and may be doing so in April.

"I'm trying to find the combination that will work well together," D'Antoni said. "If I'm not comfortable with what I really like, it goes bad and we struggle . . . I'll try something else."

And so goes the Knicks' motto: "Let's Go Yankees."

Its pre-season though, who gives a @@+# how anyone does. Some people (regulars) just play better when it comes down to playing meaningful games.

Pre-season used to be about just getting back into shape.

when you have dantoni talking up gallo like he's the second coming of jesus shuttleworth, and he shoots 3-13, you get worried. Pre-season or not, dantoniwas hyping his shooting up hard all summer.

If he makes 5 out of those 13 its a solid percentage from three.

Its pre-season man, if he starts shooting this way once the season rolls around then you can be concerned.

The guy is still young anyways, some players take longer to get acclimated than others. I'm not concerned at all.

i mean, jesus has his off days, but that article makes me seem worried.
granted, i dont have time to watch the knicks pre season (smh at me
smh.gif
smh.gif
) so i dont really know, but im hoping that he'll do way better once seasonstarts...

OT:

I was watching that suns/warriors game yesterday and couldn't help but notice how good of a fit Channing Frye could have been on this year's Knickteam. He has most of the skills necessary for a big man in this system (3pt range, decent post game, rebounding, modest shot blocking)... Plus he could havebeen signed to a cheap contract.

At least we have Darko & Jeffries...

damn that brawl was old as hell.
i love how nate throws up his hands at the :21 mark.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

we should have traded frye when we got some ridiculous offers for him.

Back
Top Bottom