Of course the Knicks will look into bringing him in on a one-year deal. It's the politically correct thing to do. Iverson's agent is Leon Rose, who also represents LeBron James. The Knicks don't want to cross Rose and ruin their shot to get LeBron, however long that might be.

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

AI = Spree 2.0?

nerd.gif
nahhhhh
roll.gif

edit: after reading the rest of the comments, well maybe

and for all of those that are against Iverson, why not? This team sucks. It's not like we're making a long term commitment to him. Yeah, we're notmaking the playoffs but it will at least make things interesting to watch until summer of 2010 arrives.

Spoiler [+]
I also do not want to see this team break the franchise record of 23-59
laugh.gif
smh.gif
....24+wins and I'm satisfied
sick.gif
ohwell.gif
roll.gif

Bring in A.I. please. The Knicks are stale, and as I have always said, I would rather watch A.I. jack up 30 shots, than Nate, AH, or whomever we got now. Thisteam needs a shot in the arm.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

im not following.

why do we want ai again?
1- We Suck
2- We Need a scorer
3- We Suck
4- We need to win games
5- We Suck, 1-9
6- We don't have our draft pick
7- We Suck
8- We don't have a 1 or 2 guard that is a consistent scorer
9- We Suck
10- To upgrade over Duhon who been averaging 2.5 points in the last 5 games. And Hughes who's averaging 12ppg with 30-40 min per game

Pick Your #

There's a reason why Walsh was not interested in Iverson before the season began, but he is interested now..
We also suck.
laugh.gif

and also, we could cut him anytime during the season if he turns out to be too much of a problem. It's not going to hurt us.

I mean, really, we got nothing to lose if we sign him.

"A New York Daily News report said the New York Knicks would explore possibly signing Iverson. Team president Donnie Walsh wasn't committal,telling the Daily News, "We'll look into it. Right now, I'd say probably not, but we'll see.""
ohwell.gif

I really don't see the harm in bringing in Iverson, who's growth will he really be stunting? The Knicks only have 4 guards, and only 1 is guaranteedto be back next year (Douglas)...Duhon hopefully won't be here next year (although I bet D'Antoni brings him back, he loves him and I actually thinkthis is why the Knicks are so reluctant to bring in another Guard), Nate's already reached his potential as a pretty good offensive 6th man off the bench,and Hughes has 0 chance of being back. And in terms of ruining chemistry, I don't see how Iverson can be called more of a chucker than Hughes, Harrington,Wilson, or Gallo. I know it's not 2001 and he's not going to have an MVP or even all-star calliber year, but he'd instantly be the best player onthis team, the only thing we stand to lose is Tony Douglas and Nate losing some playing time. And take nothing away from Douglas, I think he can potentially bean NBA starter, but I don't even see his ceiling to be higher than a mid-30s, 'past his prime' Allen Iverson

I don't know why people call Iverson a cancer and love to see him fail. He carried a Philadelphia team who's only other players of note wereMutombo, Theo Ratliff, and Aaron Mckie to the playoffs every year, and even to the Finals once. Then he comes into Denver and starts trying to be less selfish(his shots went down alot in Denver) and people start saying he's over the hill bc he's not scoring 30 pts/game anymore...I think fans should be mad ifthe Knicks don't bring in Iverson, they deserve to have at least 1 player who brings it every night and has some heart and desire to win basketball games.It's borderline disrespectful the team that they put out there every night for the amount of money they charge at the Garden

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

"A New York Daily News report said the New York Knicks would explore possibly signing Iverson. Team president Donnie Walsh wasn't committal, telling the Daily News, "We'll look into it. Right now, I'd say probably not, but we'll see."
6jg9zr.jpg

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

"A New York Daily News report said the New York Knicks would explore possibly signing Iverson. Team president Donnie Walsh wasn't committal, telling the Daily News, "We'll look into it. Right now, I'd say probably not, but we'll see."

crymeariver.gif

"A New York Daily News report said the New York Knicks would explore possibly signing Iverson. Team president Donnie Walsh wasn't committal, telling the Daily News, "We'll look into it. Right now, I'd say probably not, but we'll see.""
ohwell.gif

I really don't see the harm in bringing in Iverson, who's growth will he really be stunting? The Knicks only have 4 guards, and only 1 is guaranteed to be back next year (Douglas)...Duhon hopefully won't be here next year (although I bet D'Antoni brings him back, he loves him and I actually think this is why the Knicks are so reluctant to bring in another Guard), Nate's already reached his potential as a pretty good offensive 6th man off the bench, and Hughes has 0 chance of being back. And in terms of ruining chemistry, I don't see how Iverson can be called more of a chucker than Hughes, Harrington, Wilson, or Gallo. I know it's not 2001 and he's not going to have an MVP or even all-star calliber year, but he'd instantly be the best player on this team, the only thing we stand to lose is Tony Douglas and Nate losing some playing time. And take nothing away from Douglas, I think he can potentially be an NBA starter, but I don't even see his ceiling to be higher than a mid-30s, 'past his prime' Allen Iverson

I don't know why people call Iverson a cancer and love to see him fail. He carried a Philadelphia team who's only other players of note were Mutombo, Theo Ratliff, and Aaron Mckie to the playoffs every year, and even to the Finals once. Then he comes into Denver and starts trying to be less selfish (his shots went down alot in Denver) and people start saying he's over the hill bc he's not scoring 30 pts/game anymore...I think fans should be mad if the Knicks don't bring in Iverson, they deserve to have at least 1 player who brings it every night and has some heart and desire to win basketball games. It's borderline disrespectful the team that they put out there every night for the amount of money they charge at the Garden
amen brotha. Bring us The Answer
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

"A New York Daily News report said the New York Knicks would explore possibly signing Iverson. Team president Donnie Walsh wasn't committal, telling the Daily News, "We'll look into it. Right now, I'd say probably not, but we'll see.""
ohwell.gif

I really don't see the harm in bringing in Iverson, who's growth will he really be stunting? The Knicks only have 4 guards, and only 1 is guaranteed to be back next year (Douglas)...Duhon hopefully won't be here next year (although I bet D'Antoni brings him back, he loves him and I actually think this is why the Knicks are so reluctant to bring in another Guard), Nate's already reached his potential as a pretty good offensive 6th man off the bench, and Hughes has 0 chance of being back. And in terms of ruining chemistry, I don't see how Iverson can be called more of a chucker than Hughes, Harrington, Wilson, or Gallo. I know it's not 2001 and he's not going to have an MVP or even all-star calliber year, but he'd instantly be the best player on this team, the only thing we stand to lose is Tony Douglas and Nate losing some playing time. And take nothing away from Douglas, I think he can potentially be an NBA starter, but I don't even see his ceiling to be higher than a mid-30s, 'past his prime' Allen Iverson

I don't know why people call Iverson a cancer and love to see him fail. He carried a Philadelphia team who's only other players of note were Mutombo, Theo Ratliff, and Aaron Mckie to the playoffs every year, and even to the Finals once. Then he comes into Denver and starts trying to be less selfish (his shots went down alot in Denver) and people start saying he's over the hill bc he's not scoring 30 pts/game anymore...I think fans should be mad if the Knicks don't bring in Iverson, they deserve to have at least 1 player who brings it every night and has some heart and desire to win basketball games. It's borderline disrespectful the team that they put out there every night for the amount of money they charge at the Garden
Amen

happy birthday proshares, and you too prophecy.

and C5A5D5A5, AI would drive to the basket, which this team lacks. a lot.

Originally Posted by BangDak

happy birthday proshares, and you too prophecy.

word. I forgot to even bring that up in my argument. NOBODY takes it strong to the hoop on this team. Nate does but hes been hurt and lets behonest i love him, but i love him cause i love AI and hes got a similar game but is far less talented. The amount of 3s this team chucks is just ridiculous.Everyone just jacks up treys and guys that should be driving especially Chandler just lurk out by the 3 line and become spot up shooters. No way Chandlershould be a spot up shooter, with his size/athleticism he is a grade a fit to be an effective slasher 3 in the NBA. All shooting should be is the added bonusif he has a good shot, which he does, but driving should ALWAYS be his first priority, which it is not. A Guy like Gallo on the other hand, should be a shooterfirst and foremost in a winning system cause his shot is so nice, but saying that he still should drive far more than he does with his above averageathletisism for his size plus his passing vision, hes a tough guard.

We definitley need a guy who can come in and take it to the hoop and get defenders inside at least intiminated enough that at the very least AI can sert upopen shooters with drive and kicks. All this team does is pass around the key until someone is (semi) open and they jack. Harrington is great at taking it tothe hoop when hes on, but even he gets FAR too comfortable lurking outside. This would be another great addition about AI.

Anything's better than this.

Last year I used to atleast tune in for games. I don't give that much this year. This team is terrible.

Besides bringing a little excitement to an otherwise ailing team, it would be the perfect precursor to signing some potentially big name players next year.Especially if he does well. He could be used as a bit of incentive to attract the kind of player who might not have thought about NY as a destination. Thinkabout it.

Hmmm, A.I. finishing up his career in NY, drawing Lebron & ______ to the franchise, playing a major role in the 2011Championship.....................................

A man can dream.

WHAT!
eek.gif
SIGN HIM RIGHT NOW!
lol so if its alright for 8 players on the team to play on a one year contract and we're terrible, what's wrong with getting Al for oneyear and be a bit better, maybe even better if Curry surprises us?

Now we have a scoring threat, low post presence and a lethal 3pt shooter. Hey we can have a Big 3 (Al, Eddy, Gallo)lol

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

WHAT!
eek.gif
SIGN HIM RIGHT NOW!

lol so if its alright for 8 players on the team to play on a one year contract and we're terrible, what's wrong with getting Al for one year and be a bit better, maybe even better if Curry surprises us?

Now we have a scoring threat, low post presence and a lethal 3pt shooter. Hey we can have a Big 3 (Al, Eddy, Gallo) lol

I've already said my peace...im not with it for a number of reasons.

i realise there are a lot of iverson fans here so its not worth it to argue and hurl insults to make a point. Ill save my breathe.

donnie gets it...he doesnt want this joke of a team to be an even bigger joke for possibly a few more wins, few more jerseys and a little buzz. Wehave to ride with what we got.

I mean, its only a 10 game season.

I know you said you're done, but I gotta add that this 10 game season so far is predicting the worst season in franchise history.

With no draft picks at our disposal, and what, 2 players under contract after this season, the situation is bleak for both this year and next. One would thinkthat players, having a full season under their belts with the coach, style, and teammates would produce more than what has already been displayed.

We just look tired out there, a step slower, no potency, and one dimensional. Dare I say it, but this is one of the most disappointing squads put out there inrecent years. Sure, no one really knew what to expect out of this season, but we did have a 10 game improvement in our win total last year. With the same squadout there, things should follow a trend. No one out there makes an impact on the game at all. Al can hype himself up all he wants but he will never be anythingmore than a 3rd option, 2nd at very best.

At the end of the day, we're all just frustrated NYK fans, some of which are still showing great patience. Others, like myself, fear the worst of asnowball effect from a horrendous season.

Back
Top Bottom