I wouldn't mind that AT ALL.

Son was an immediate crowd favorite. Still have my home/away Spree jerseys in the stash
pimp.gif

I can see him becoming spree 2.0. But let's not get excited. He isn't wearing the blue and orange

On a side note bein knick fan is so hard man. Especially with the team we are putting on the floor right now smh

laugh.gif
embarassed.gif
^^^ That pic gets me everytime. But yea we need a scorer, a starting SG,and a playoff birth. AI has the ability to fill all those needs for us. As for hindering our young players development nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh doubt he'll dothat. he might be the only person willing to actually pass the ball to gallo

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

laugh.gif
embarassed.gif
^^^ That pic gets me everytime. But yea we need a scorer, a starting SG, and a playoff birth. AI has the ability to fill all those needs for us. As for hindering our young players development nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh doubt he'll do that. he might be the only person willing to actually pass the ball to gallo
A.I. is a damn willing passer, especially to shooters. If you watched him in Philly, towards the end, Korver was eating off of him. Kleiza andJ.R. were eating off of him. I think he enjoys having 3 point threats around him.

I don't know why so many ppl think AI is an unwilling passer.

The man averages over 6 a game for his career.

And in his 2 seasons in Denver, he gave 7+ per game.

PLUS 25+ ppg.

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

im not following.

why do we want ai again?
1- We Suck
2- We Need a scorer
3- We Suck
4- We need to win games
5- We Suck, 1-9
6- We don't have our draft pick
7- We Suck
8- We don't have a 1 or 2 guard that is a consistent scorer
9- We Suck
10- To upgrade over Duhon who been averaging 2.5 points in the last 5 games. And Hughes who's averaging 12ppg with 30-40 min per game

Pick Your #

There's a reason why Walsh was not interested in Iverson before the season began, but he is interested now..

picking up ai is not a shortcut to success...

we might win a few more games..

but its not a longterm recipe for success...

it will be a joke.

cant be serious
laugh.gif
Lets just throw $+%! at the wall and see whatsticks.
laugh.gif

weather the $$%+ storm.

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

picking up ai is not a shortcut to success...

we might win a few more games..

but its not a longterm recipe for success...

it will be a joke.

cant be serious
laugh.gif
Lets just throw $+%! at the wall and see what sticks.
laugh.gif

weather the $$%+ storm.
It's not but we'll win more games and you're right that's about it. Should we go 2-80 instead?
It don't matter and it won't mess up the 2010 plan , we have 14 players on this team and 8 of them are in final contracts

we are 1-9 who the *#@* cares about long term success. you don't have to break the bank for him, and we can win more than 23 games. i was against it but weare 1-9 with NOTHING to lose because of no draft pick. who cares at this point, lets at least get some excitement going on.

laugh.gif
@ some dudes (1 actually) not understanding/considering economics.

Corporate sponsors and a restless fanbase that spends top dollar on your product are two huge reasons why the Knicks would try to sign AI.

Ownership is all for rebuilding and/or waiting for next year.

But once the bottom line starts being impacted, then something has got to give.

There are stories being written about empty seats at MSG. And a returning Curry ain't exactly the cure for that.

sbob2h.jpg

That's an 80-20 FOR AI.

Throw in the fact that Jennings continues to murder... the fans are starting up "fire dantoni" chants... and the Knicks pretty much NEED to make thismove to sort of quell the mounting dissension and frustration.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Pull the cot damn trigger Donnie. And while you're at it, drop Duhon off at the local YWCA.
laugh.gif

Damn.

I can't front, I was all for the signing last year.

But Doo has proven that he's just that... DOO.

I'm all for Iverson coming into a D'Antoni offense, and possibly even staying past 2010 considering what a letdown the Knicks free agency signings willbe

Originally Posted by DubA169

we are 1-9 who the *#@* cares about long term success. you don't have to break the bank for him, and we can win more than 23 games. i was against it but we are 1-9 with NOTHING to lose because of no draft pick. who cares at this point, lets at least get some excitement going on.
word. @%$$ long term success @%$$ player development. If we had an actual draft pick id be ok with sucking. We need someone to help us out fast,and AI is still an elite NBA player imo and he is hungry to prove that. We need him to resurrect this team and he needs us to give him the oppurtunity toshine. Its the perfect match. Im NOT ready to watch the Utah Jazz picking in the top 5 this summer, i just would not be able to take it as a Knicks fan. Itwould be the worst possible way to end this debacle of a decade. Instead we needa end this decade the way it started... by getting us a hungry !+% superstarlike we did with Spree to resurrect this team
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

It has always been my personal dream to see AI throw on otange and blue, hes my favorite player this decade (along with Spree) and his game just fits in withNY. But there really is no down side... we cant get worse than we are, and even a little improvemt is ok. Cause worse comes to worse we go from the worst teamin the league to the lets say 6-8th wost team in the NBA that is still not bad. not ideal but not bad. I would be against it last year, cause id just say"@%$$ it lets see what our young guys can do given a year to grow and than get a top pick in the draft" cause i wouldnt want to go from worst to6-8th, but this year we have no pick and that is the worst case scenario. This year there is no downside, worst case scenario is still better than we have andif we can somehow get the best case scenario and unleash th beast i know is in AI, we ressurect our season and my favorite player of this decade, two things icare pretty equally about cause I KNOW that AI has been underappreciated and disrespected because of one slightly off year.

The best part about all this is that it costs us NOTHING. We can signn him to his one year deal, and worse comes to worse he had his chance and we part waysand he realizes his great and amazing given his disadvanages career in the NBA has come to an end and we go our seperate ways and he probably ends up retiring,and best case scenario is that we make him an attractive option again and maybe even choose to resign him (well see about that though, cause that would be along shot and only in best case scenarion cause AI needs his shots and idk if we should build our team around a 33 year old right now
laugh.gif
)

I know it sounds cheezy, but please god let AI be "The Answer" and bing him here, do me one good Donnie
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

So wait..you're saying you want ai on the team to put butts in the seats?
roll.gif

roll.gif
@ "stories of empty seats in msg" For real? I guesswe'll have to relocate then. Fire D'antoni chants is definitely a turning point for us.
eyes.gif

Since when did fans start giving a lick about a franchise's overhead? Is that whats hot in the streets?

Can anyone tell me what ai is going to bring to the table that we dont have? Will he grab defensive rebounds? Block shots?

Expect him to go 9-29 on an average night, be at the top of the league in turnovers and play selective defense.

But look on the bright side, we'll sell a few extra jerseys!

You're grasping at staws.

Oh yea,
laugh.gif
@ citing a popularity contest (onlinepoll) as a legittimate reason to bring him in.

9-29?
eyes.gif

who the eff has ever expected A.I. to grab boards and block shots?

Do you want a center and point guard all in one?

Sounds like you're the one grasping at straws.

laugh.gif

I mean you mention blocks and rebounds as if that is our glaring weakness right now. It's not, scoring is, and A.I. is one of the best to ever do it.

Seems like a no brainer to me.

Back
Top Bottom