21 Year Old Woman Hit by Train, Killed.

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

So that is your defense for believing in a God who is allegedly all powerful yet allows things like this to happen all the time?

It's not a defense at all. I'm not defending whether there was a God or not. Me and OP both agree that there is a God. We might not believe in the same God, but we both acknowledge there is a higher being. I'm calling out the fact that OP said he was angry at God and would stop believing Him for the death of the young woman.

Whether you believe in God or not, you have to agree that to stop believing in one if you do because of a death is a ridiculous reason and that you were not very faithful in the first place.

I'm not trying to argue with anyone whether there's a God or not. But that's not the point of this, what's in question is how he chose to respond to this situation.

So that is your defense for believing in a God who is allegedly all powerful yet allows things like this to happen all the time?

It's not a defense at all. I'm not defending whether there was a God or not. Me and OP both agree that there is a God. We might not believe in the same God, but we both acknowledge there is a higher being. I'm calling out the fact that OP said he was angry at God and would stop believing Him for the death of the young woman.

Whether you believe in God or not, you have to agree that to stop believing in one if you do because of a death is a ridiculous reason and that you were not very faithful in the first place.

I'm not trying to argue with anyone whether there's a God or not. But that's not the point of this, what's in question is how he chose to respond to this situation.

No it's not. It's a very good reason. Again, if he is all powerful and benevolent, like why does he keep dropping Earthquakes on Japan and disasters on populations that are already downtrodden? Why do good things ever happen to bad people and vice versa? "The Lord works in mysterious ways," is usually the response. If that's how he is, he is not deserving of being worshipped. And that's even just ignoring the absolute lack of evidence.

So yes, God screwing over an apparently God person who also worshipped him, would be a worthy reason to doubt since it defeats any purpose of ever worshipping/believing to begin with

No it's not. It's a very good reason. Again, if he is all powerful and benevolent, like why does he keep dropping Earthquakes on Japan and disasters on populations that are already downtrodden? Why do good things ever happen to bad people and vice versa? "The Lord works in mysterious ways," is usually the response. If that's how he is, he is not deserving of being worshipped. And that's even just ignoring the absolute lack of evidence.

So yes, God screwing over an apparently God person who also worshipped him, would be a worthy reason to doubt since it defeats any purpose of ever worshipping/believing to begin with

I'd hate to get into this debate because I swear people were arguing over the exact same thing in the last thread concerning religion and why God, if he is all powerful and benevolent, allows such terrible things to happen to the world. You might have a different opinion, but many of the people who believe in God understand that Heaven is the ultimate place to be. Our time as humans on Earth is not long, it varies for all of us. Eventually, if we are worthy, we will be granted eternal happiness in Heaven. From my interpretation of the Bible and just gatherings of what I've put together, our time on Earth is a test. Our actions here will echo in our future.

I don't understand why you insist that because God is supposedly all powerful and benevolent that bad things happen to us. Just wondering, why is everything supposed to be perfect? Why is that because if God is perfect then we too should have everything we could ever want? Just because we or this world is flawed does not mean God is flawed. That's not even logic. That's just blaming something on something else because there is nothing else to blame.

I realize that I'll never win this argument. Neither will you. None of us is going to change our viewpoint because of what the other one said. But I feel this is interesting because it'll further my understanding of the world and life and how everything operates.

If you don't mind me asking, what are you beliefs on God/our place in the world?

I'd hate to get into this debate because I swear people were arguing over the exact same thing in the last thread concerning religion and why God, if he is all powerful and benevolent, allows such terrible things to happen to the world. You might have a different opinion, but many of the people who believe in God understand that Heaven is the ultimate place to be. Our time as humans on Earth is not long, it varies for all of us. Eventually, if we are worthy, we will be granted eternal happiness in Heaven. From my interpretation of the Bible and just gatherings of what I've put together, our time on Earth is a test. Our actions here will echo in our future.

I don't understand why you insist that because God is supposedly all powerful and benevolent that bad things happen to us. Just wondering, why is everything supposed to be perfect? Why is that because if God is perfect then we too should have everything we could ever want? Just because we or this world is flawed does not mean God is flawed. That's not even logic. That's just blaming something on something else because there is nothing else to blame.

I realize that I'll never win this argument. Neither will you. None of us is going to change our viewpoint because of what the other one said. But I feel this is interesting because it'll further my understanding of the world and life and how everything operates.

If you don't mind me asking, what are you beliefs on God/our place in the world?

Originally Posted by hAzEee aNd sN3aKerS

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/06...ronx-woman-struck-and-killed-by-subway-train/

I just read this  updated article (with video). It says Her mother actually passed away 4 years ago.Maybe the passing of her mother  finally took a huge toll on her  and stressed her out to the point she fainted? A family member of hers actually told the news Fatoumata had called her prior to entering the station and that she said "she felt a bit dizzy". Whatever the reason she is now in heaven with her mom.

May god bless them both in heaven and may something like this never happen again

did you get sprung off that picture or what? quit being a creeper.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/06...ronx-woman-struck-and-killed-by-subway-train/

I just read this  updated article (with video). It says Her mother actually passed away 4 years ago.Maybe the passing of her mother  finally took a huge toll on her  and stressed her out to the point she fainted? A family member of hers actually told the news Fatoumata had called her prior to entering the station and that she said "she felt a bit dizzy". Whatever the reason she is now in heaven with her mom.

May god bless them both in heaven and may something like this never happen again

Originally Posted by scshift

You are right I said some  things about the creator  I should not have. I said I was angry at god at that moment . But I NEVER said I would stop believeing in him I just said" i'm not sure if I still believe in him."Thats because of confusion though . Confused because if God is real and God  is so great I was a little confused (and still am) as to why he would allow this tragedy to happen to a good person. THats why I said I felt anger towards him . I felt angry and hopeless because praying would not bring her back and undo the tradegy. THe only thing I can pray and hope for is that something like this does not happen again to another good person.

But even after I prayed that it wouldn't happen again I read the news afterwards and found out an 11 year old girl fell off a ferris wheel and died on a  field trip to an amusment park in New Jersey On Friday. Her parents must be devasted and was proably expecting her to come from school that day like she normally does everyday. I've come to realize like the poster above said that stuff like this happens everyday/every week , and also that it's also part of life "randomness". I guess I can be grateful that I myself am alive and have not been the victim of a freak accident but it's still sad for me to hear about other good people being the victims of these terrible tragedies.

Originally Posted by scshift

You are right I said some  things about the creator  I should not have. I said I was angry at god at that moment . But I NEVER said I would stop believeing in him I just said" i'm not sure if I still believe in him."Thats because of confusion though . Confused because if God is real and God  is so great I was a little confused (and still am) as to why he would allow this tragedy to happen to a good person. THats why I said I felt anger towards him . I felt angry and hopeless because praying would not bring her back and undo the tradegy. THe only thing I can pray and hope for is that something like this does not happen again to another good person.

But even after I prayed that it wouldn't happen again I read the news afterwards and found out an 11 year old girl fell off a ferris wheel and died on a  field trip to an amusment park in New Jersey On Friday. Her parents must be devasted and was proably expecting her to come from school that day like she normally does everyday. I've come to realize like the poster above said that stuff like this happens everyday/every week , and also that it's also part of life "randomness". I guess I can be grateful that I myself am alive and have not been the victim of a freak accident but it's still sad for me to hear about other good people being the victims of these terrible tragedies.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

I wish I were her boyfriend. I would have been there with her at the subway station and she would have never fainted, and even if she did faint she would have fainted and fell into my arms not onto the tracks.
This boy wildin'
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Man, that really hit you hard. I can't even imagine the novel you will pen if god forbid a family member or close friend meets an unfortunate end.
I really shouldn't but
laugh.gif
roll.gif

R.I.P.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

I wish I were her boyfriend. I would have been there with her at the subway station and she would have never fainted, and even if she did faint she would have fainted and fell into my arms not onto the tracks.
This boy wildin'
30t6p3b.gif

Man, that really hit you hard. I can't even imagine the novel you will pen if god forbid a family member or close friend meets an unfortunate end.
I really shouldn't but
laugh.gif
roll.gif

R.I.P.

I understand where you're coming from. If you don't mind me asking though, why do you insist that the woman who past away was a good person when you never met her in real life? I definitely do not want to insinuate any kind of debate over a person who is no longer around but you seem intent that she really was really special and that such an occurrence is sadly different from the many others who pass away every day.

It's easy for me to say this because I've been fortunate enough to never lose anyone close to me, but I don't view death as something terrible. I feel like however my life plays out, I will be happy and that at the end of my life, I will have the chance to meet God. When people say others are in a better place, they don't just say that because it's comforting, they say it because they truly believe their loved ones are free of pain and suffering.

It's another reason to be thankful of what you have and to never waste a day feeling upset or angry. I believe God is real and God is great so I trust whatever He does. I might view some things as unfair but that's probably because I am too young and naive to fully comprehend and understand why something happened.

I understand where you're coming from. If you don't mind me asking though, why do you insist that the woman who past away was a good person when you never met her in real life? I definitely do not want to insinuate any kind of debate over a person who is no longer around but you seem intent that she really was really special and that such an occurrence is sadly different from the many others who pass away every day.

It's easy for me to say this because I've been fortunate enough to never lose anyone close to me, but I don't view death as something terrible. I feel like however my life plays out, I will be happy and that at the end of my life, I will have the chance to meet God. When people say others are in a better place, they don't just say that because it's comforting, they say it because they truly believe their loved ones are free of pain and suffering.

It's another reason to be thankful of what you have and to never waste a day feeling upset or angry. I believe God is real and God is great so I trust whatever He does. I might view some things as unfair but that's probably because I am too young and naive to fully comprehend and understand why something happened.

Originally Posted by Space DooDoo Pistols

Like I said before i'm not used to seeing death in person. I witnessed people  bringing her dead  body up  the stairs and I felt very emotional and sad and still do. Usually I only see stuff like that in movies and on TV .I hear about death in the news all the time but it felt different and hit me harder after I saw it for myself in person.

Originally Posted by Space DooDoo Pistols

Like I said before i'm not used to seeing death in person. I witnessed people  bringing her dead  body up  the stairs and I felt very emotional and sad and still do. Usually I only see stuff like that in movies and on TV .I hear about death in the news all the time but it felt different and hit me harder after I saw it for myself in person.

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Oh God, this is so tragic. May she RIP. Sorry OP, but that's just life, randomness. Nothing we can do about it. I just hope she did not suffer since she was unconscious. I feel for her family and close and loved ones.

Same thing I was thinking. I hope she had instant brain death and did not have to suffer and feel pain after the train hit her body
ohwell.gif

Unfortunately , it turns out she was in fact conscious before the train hit her. She woke up after fainting realized the danger she was in and tried desperately to get out of the way before the train struck her. So sad to know this. The poor woman knew the danger she was in and desperately tried to save her own life
frown.gif

Diallo came to after falling onto the rail bed, and desperately tried to get out of the way of the No. 6 train by scrambling to the area between the north- and southbound tracks.

"But she couldn't move fast enough. She was pronounced dead at the scene. "
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/death_fall_on_subway_Z2yayN74QkLRcP03jaOQfO

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Oh God, this is so tragic. May she RIP. Sorry OP, but that's just life, randomness. Nothing we can do about it. I just hope she did not suffer since she was unconscious. I feel for her family and close and loved ones.

Same thing I was thinking. I hope she had instant brain death and did not have to suffer and feel pain after the train hit her body
ohwell.gif

Unfortunately , it turns out she was in fact conscious before the train hit her. She woke up after fainting realized the danger she was in and tried desperately to get out of the way before the train struck her. So sad to know this. The poor woman knew the danger she was in and desperately tried to save her own life
frown.gif

Diallo came to after falling onto the rail bed, and desperately tried to get out of the way of the No. 6 train by scrambling to the area between the north- and southbound tracks.

"But she couldn't move fast enough. She was pronounced dead at the scene. "
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/death_fall_on_subway_Z2yayN74QkLRcP03jaOQfO

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

Get ready to write more tomorrow...

Don't know why but this made me 
laugh.gif
. It might be the avy.
RIP though.
Hank Moody doesn't sugarcoat anything.
But seriously, OP that letter you wrote was probably the most emo thing i've ever read.  It's ok to feel sad when you hear about these things, but it seems like you were really affected emotionally.

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

Get ready to write more tomorrow...

Don't know why but this made me 
laugh.gif
. It might be the avy.
RIP though.
Hank Moody doesn't sugarcoat anything.
But seriously, OP that letter you wrote was probably the most emo thing i've ever read.  It's ok to feel sad when you hear about these things, but it seems like you were really affected emotionally.

Back
Top Bottom