24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

LOL at people roasting Audi for not driving one, as a former Audi driver myself, once you have one it is usually your last one :lol:

:lol:

sall good man

i dont know why dudes coming at me like they know me.....................i can get new S Class at this point but im not going too wouldnt make sense or a reason to do it, the fact that im even able to type on this forum and get shots thrown at me or troll others makes me appreciate life bro i swear to god

im still gonna be same ol Al Audi on NT, who care what a man drives or wear at the end of the day

Last edited:
LOL at people roasting Audi for not driving one, as a former Audi driver myself, once you have one it is usually your last one :lol:

sall good man

i dont know why dudes coming at me like they know me.....................i can get new S Class at this point but im not going too wouldnt make sense or a reason to do it, the fact that im even able to type on this forum and get shots thrown at me or troll others makes me appreciate life bro i swear to god

im still gonna be same ol Al Audi on NT, who care what a man drives or wear at the end of the day
That's they way to live mane ...just do you and live how you wanna live

And as for your credit question , pay as much of your debt off as possible and open an account or 2 that you can handle regularly to show you are trying to build your credit back up

sall good man

Don't know your situation, but whatever happened it's done already so I don't know why people feel the need to pile on hate. Anyway, is it possible for you to buy a used car with cash with the settlement money? If you are rebuilding your credit I'm sure a car loan would be at a bad rate and make it a bit harder to get yourself out of the debt.

To avoid any more debt I'd suggest getting a secured loan. Typically offered at a credit union. You deposit money into and account and borrow against it. No need to get out of debt just to go back in.

Wow..the man just wanted advice and people are literally attacking him. Not to mention he walked away from a near fatal accident on top of that as well.

Audi what's been helping me is getting a secured credit card and funneling my purchases though it. Also a lot of creditors will settle for a smaller amount. Since you're coming into a nice sum of money, might be worth checking into.

.....I like Audi's.
laugh.gif

I also have nothing else to contribute to the conversation that hasn't already been said.

Dope update, dope mentions also, crc and beezy..

I got two items deleted off my report. So A good start to the new year so far. Still don't think I have to pay sprint because i feel like theyve been messing with the dates, but working on that now. 

The other easy one is an old credit card I went neg on in 2009 so I'm most likely going to settle for like 400..

Have a new card open and utilizing it right, and income tax is going towards a Certificate Deposit that I can put a loan against if I so need to. <<Good idea?

The credit card I have now states 5 months of good payment, they raise your limit continually. 

bruhs I just checked my free credit score that comes with my credit credit cards and my score just dropped like 80 points, talking about a delinquency?!?!?! I have never missed a payment in my life!!! I`m filling out a Free Credit Report thig right now, how do I dispute whatever pops up?!?!

-EDIT

So I pull my Annual Credit Report and it is clean, then I refresh my free score on my credit card and it corrected its self. WTH. Thats not a glitch you want to have when it comes to peoples credit and saying they have a delinquent account impacting their score.

Last edited:
bruhs I just checked my free credit score that comes with my credit credit cards and my score just dropped like 80 points, talking about a delinquency?!?!?! I have never missed a payment in my life!!! I`m filling out a Free Credit Report thig right now, how do I dispute whatever pops up?!?!

-EDIT

So I pull my Annual Credit Report and it is clean, then I refresh my free score on my credit card and it corrected its self. WTH. Thats not a glitch you want to have when it comes to peoples credit and saying they have a delinquent account impacting their score.
So it dropped 80 points, and then you refreshed it later and the score went back up and the delinquency was gone? 

That is weird as hell, and you are right...your credit score is worth more than actual $$ these days. I would've been pissed too. 

-EDIT

Dam bruh quick heart attack lol, good thing it was a glitch. Which credit company? not everyone uses real FICO scores.

So it dropped 80 points, and then you refreshed it later and the score went back up and the delinquency was gone? 

That is weird as hell, and you are right...your credit score is worth more than actual $$ these days. I would've been pissed too. 

yea thats why i ran into this thread. I was like WTH granted I wasn't do not need to take out any loans right now but still I look at my score each month one of my Credit card and AMEX, so this was shocking just to see a delinquency but as soon as I pulled my report and then went back to my credit card site that information did not show. I wish I could have screen shot it, but it shows correct now so I guess there is nothing to trip about but still. I never made a late payment or missed one in my life so it had my thinking maybe my Identify was stolen during the holidays since that is a common thing, and I have Tmobile and they had a big Data breech the end of last yr.

Last edited:
Lucky make sure you double check that every week. You never know it could be some STUPID collection like an unpaid toll or something that popped up and then went away and then pops back up again. Idk but luckily its back to normal.

They don't want you to have good credit Al.
Go get that credit, pa.

[emoji]128273[/emoji]

Lucky make sure you double check that every week. You never know it could be some STUPID collection like an unpaid toll or something that popped up and then went away and then pops back up again. Idk but luckily its back to normal.

The scores update every month but i will look at it again next week for the specific card that showed the wrong thing.

Year starting off good. Finally got this STUPID "speeding ticket" collection taken off my credit reports come January 30th. Got the confirmation email to make sure they don't try and play me as proof.

Needed this bad even though it was showing 0 balance and paid.

Tryna get this townhouse, condo or crib end of this year in Houston

Year starting off good. Finally got this STUPID "speeding ticket" collection taken off my credit reports come January 30th. Got the confirmation email to make sure they don't try and play me as proof.

Needed this bad even though it was showing 0 balance and paid.

Tryna get this townhouse, condo or crib end of this year in Houston
Congrats man, make sure you look into the first time home buyer programs in Texas.

I have a Chase Freedom card which I opened in May 2015. They handed me a limit which I immediately called and had increased. Since then I have gotten a new job and have a different income than what I had when I signed up for the card. I wanna ask for an increase but not if it's going to negatively affect my chances of getting one in the future. 

The card is carrying a balance right now which would be paid off in full before the end of the month as I always do with all my credit cards, even though this one is in a 0% interest period until August 2016.

Thoughts?

I'm gonna break down and apply for another card in a few months. That's going to be the leap I have to make to get over 800 smh.

I have a Chase Freedom card which I opened in May 2015. They handed me a limit which I immediately called and had increased. Since then I have gotten a new job and have a different income than what I had when I signed up for the card. I wanna ask for an increase but not if it's going to negatively affect my chances of getting one in the future. 

The card is carrying a balance right now which would be paid off in full before the end of the month as I always do with all my credit cards, even though this one is in a 0% interest period until August 2016.

Thoughts?

Its going to be a hard inquiry bro. I wouldnt even do it. Chase is stingy with those increases. Just give it some time.

Thoughts?
So you only have one card?

Cop another credit card. I have 4 cards on the roster now, but Discover IT card gets the most love.

Back
Top Bottom