24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

I caught the fix in my email notification 
laugh.gif

correct you were with that one 
laugh.gif

nthat.gif

roll.gif
I'm just tryna dead it. Good entertainment though.

Get whatever cards you like for whatever reason it may be lol.

Nothing but the truth right here. I have debated making them my primary account lately. They finally cleaned up their UI and their Bill Pay section is cleaner too. Those BoA menus and section are just too nice to use though. 
Man Navy is on the come up. Best UI and customer service out of all of the CUs, hands down. I am still not on the bill pay wave yet, what are the perks of it?

They are my primary account, luckily I have 4 different branches I can go to and can withdraw money from 7/11 and Tower Fed for free. Not much of an inconvenience for me.

Last edited:

roll.gif
I'm just tryna dead it. Good entertainment though.

Man Navy is on the come up. Best UI and customer service out of all of the CUs, hands down. I am still not on the bill pay wave yet, what are the perks of it?

They are my primary account, luckily I have 4 different branches I can go to and can withdraw money from 7/11 and Tower Fed for free. Not much of an inconvenience for me.
I just like adding all of my accounts and websites to pay from my bank site instead of having to log into all of the websites individually and paying them. I can setup payments and recurring payments ahead of time and change the amounts if anything changes on the fly. It tells me the last date I paid them and how much that payment was for as well. Then it will tally up how much I am paying in total to that account and overall total for the month in bill payments as well. 

Yea there is a NavyFed by my job and I pass a couple on the way home. If I really needed cash, there are like 5 CVS stores and a bunch of Wawa gas stations along the way that are free too. 

I just like adding all of my accounts and websites to pay from my bank site instead of having to log into all of the websites individually and paying them. I can setup payments and recurring payments ahead of time and change the amounts if anything changes on the fly. It tells me the last date I paid them and how much that payment was for as well. Then it will tally up how much I am paying in total to that account and overall total for the month in bill payments as well. 

Yea there is a NavyFed by my job and I pass a couple on the way home. If I really needed cash, there are like 5 CVS stores and a bunch of Wawa gas stations along the way that are free too. 
Hmm maybe I should switch over, so you change your utility payments monthly? or are you on budget billing?

I hate having the payment set up on the companies billing system, some places don't let you know if the payment was processed until after it clears on their side.

Hmm maybe I should switch over, so you change your utility payments monthly? or are you on budget billing?

I hate having the payment set up on the companies billing system, some places don't let you know if the payment was processed until after it clears on their side.
I send my electric and water (wife pays water) every month. I didn't setup the budget billing with them, but have debated doing it just so the payments don't fluctuate throughout the year so much. 

I have all my CCs, Mortgage, Car insurance, HoA, PayPal, electric, and water setup on Bill Pay.

The only thing not on it is my cellphone account but that is set to auto-pay so I never login to that one anyways. 

I can soak up game and still spot a clown when I see one. Keep making up your own reasons for why I got the card to make yourself feel better about wanting to receive compliments over a card :lol:

Last I checked AMEX is the only company that makes charge cards, hell if Navy Fed had charge cards I would have opened it with them they hold me down :pimp: . You talking about brand names for CREDIT CARDS, do you not see how crazy you sound? I'm not tripping bout my scores if you lurked a lil harder you would know I'm the first to say I don't care much about utilization and only care about my score when I am securing a loan . I always say how those myFico cats are crazy, and you are falling right in line with em.

:lol:

View media item 1877238

I have never rented before but from the friends and family that I have, I think that they just want to make sure that you don't have anything delinquent on your files and you pay your stuff on time. Not actually wanting a certain score or anything. 

Simple question, I have a few smaller things on my credit that I can pay off 1 each month, does it matter if I pay them off entirely or better to pay a portion each month?

Simple question, I have a few smaller things on my credit that I can pay off 1 each month, does it matter if I pay them off entirely or better to pay a portion each month?
There are some reports and methods on different approaches to paying off CC balances. If 1 has no interest for 8+ months, then worry about that one last and pay a little extra if you can. The ones with interest, definitely knock those out first. I would start with the easiest ones to knock out and go from there personally. 

Just pay them off. Unless you don't mind paying interest.
This

Cool. I'll be using my play money responsibly for the next few months. Just found a fantastic house that i'd love to move into and wanna clean up my credit as much as I can

AMEX is catching hell from merchants. Sooooo many spots in LA didnt take AMEX when I was there
Ya. I like to talk to small businesses about this kind of stuff while I'm waiting for my stuff. I talked with an owner last year who didn't take AMEX and he said that they charge some ridiculous flat rate while Visa & MC charge a percentage of the total order.

AMEX has been in free fall ever since they lost that CostCo contract last year.

Last edited:
Ya. I like to talk to small businesses about this kind of stuff while I'm waiting for my stuff. I talked with an owner last year who didn't take AMEX and he said that they charge some ridiculous flat rate while Visa & MC charge a percentage of the total order.

When does Visa kick in?

Thinking about dropping my Amex gold this year.

I wonder if someone would buy them. I use my AMEX as Cash but I hate having to ask if someone takes AMEX and then it sucks when you go to small businesses and many of them do not take it anymore. I would think most Small Businesses would move to something like Square but who knows.

IDK If I would drop my AMEX since it has "no limit" but there are many other offerings just as good now when it comes to rewards, hell I think AMEX Gold JUST added Zero Foreign transaction fees like in the last two yrs when I have been getting offers from BoA and their Visa Travel card that included it for the longest.

#AmexPlatMembers we ouchea :lol: :pimp:

Been 5 years since I've had it, and while the perks are nice, I feel like the Chase Sapphire better suits me so I will be downgrading to the Premier Gold.

#AmexPlatMembers we ouchea :lol: :pimp:

Been 5 years since I've had it, and while the perks are nice, I feel like the Chase Sapphire better suits me so I will be downgrading to the Premier Gold.

Yea I get offers for the Plat but I dont travel enough, and the Premier Rewards Gold is better for pure points.

Alot of people felt like AMEX fell off once they took away the grandfathering of your original card member date for new AMEX cards.

I have no issues with my AMEX at stores the corner stores and carry outs that don't take AMEX dont even take cards in general lol cash only.

Got blue cash preferred for groceries, sapphire preferred for travel booking/going out ... need a no-foreign transaction fee card.

Thinking BOA Travel Rewards, to use when I'm abroad. Believe if I begin to use BOA for banking, I'd qualify for "Platinum Honors" rewards as well (need to read up).

Any suggestions?

Alot of people felt like AMEX fell off once they took away the grandfathering of your original card member date for new AMEX cards.

I have no issues with my AMEX at stores the corner stores and carry outs that don't take AMEX dont even take cards in general lol cash only.

They did ? I got my platinum in june or july and it says member since '05.

Got blue cash preferred for groceries, sapphire preferred for travel booking/going out ... need a no-foreign transaction fee card.

Thinking BOA Travel Rewards, to use when I'm abroad. Believe if I begin to use BOA for banking, I'd qualify for "Platinum Honors" rewards as well (need to read up).

Any suggestions?

Chase Sapphire preferred has no foreign transaction fees.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom