24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Ya. I like to talk to small businesses about this kind of stuff while I'm waiting for my stuff. I talked with an owner last year who didn't take AMEX and he said that they charge some ridiculous flat rate while Visa & MC charge a percentage of the total order.

AMEX has been in free fall ever since they lost that CostCo contract last year.
I wonder if someone would buy them. I use my AMEX as Cash but I hate having to ask if someone takes AMEX and then it sucks when you go to small businesses and many of them do not take it anymore. I would think most Small Businesses would move to something like Square but who knows.

IDK If I would drop my AMEX since it has "no limit" but there are many other offerings just as good now when it comes to rewards, hell I think AMEX Gold JUST added Zero Foreign transaction fees like in the last two yrs when I have been getting offers from BoA and their Visa Travel card that included it for the longest.
Buy AMEX? It looks like the only company with enough room to buy AMEX is Visa from this chart:

http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/American_Express_Company_(AXP)/Data/Market_Capitalization

Damn.
Was about to see wassup with that citi premier card but I was thinking bout this gettin a no interest for 12 months card.
Citi premier charge interest off jump right?

Got on credit karma for the fist time in months, right now I'm 7700$ in debt overall, which is better than some of y'all with student loans. Just ain't got a height now to tackle , I will once the cash flow start coming

Anyone recommend any good cards without an annual fee & a zero intro apr offer for decent credit? Wanna get my average age of credit up since I only have one card.
Thinking about applying for the Bank of America cash rewards card.

When friends ask you to pay for stuff with your CC and they reimburse you on the spot with cash >>>>>

Get them travel points for free :pimp:

Earlier this month I forgot to make a payment on my credit card. It was the first time I was ever late with this card and I paid it the day after the due date (after making a quick call to get the late fee reversed).

My question is, would this still show up as a late payment in my credit report and and would it negatively impact my score even though I got it reversed?

When friends ask you to pay for stuff with your CC and they reimburse you on the spot with cash >>>>>

Get them travel points for free :pimp:
Lol I had a homie of mine do this. He was tryna get his honeymoon paid for or significantly reduced. Every time we went to eat or drinks or whatever, he was like y'all got cash? Ok coo I'll put everything on my card then y'all giv me cash. Worked too...Flourish!

Nice man. I think you are going to like it once it is setup and working. You can even set reminders that a payment is due before a certain as well. 
Anybody here close to 800 credit score??
nerd.gif
nthat.gif

I see others on here flourishing too 
nthat.gif

Get them travel points for free
pimp.gif
Yessir. I just did this a couple weeks ago. Some friends were hanging out and we decided to order some food. Everyone pitched in and gave me the cash and I put it on the card. 

A couple other friends never got their own Reward Zone card at BB and always use mine when they go in there and give me free points as well 
laugh.gif
nthat.gif

Earlier this month I forgot to make a payment on my credit card. It was the first time I was ever late with this card and I paid it the day after the due date (after making a quick call to get the late fee reversed).

My question is, would this still show up as a late payment in my credit report and and would it negatively impact my score even though I got it reversed?
I think it has to be 30 days late to report, I am not 100% sure about this though. Open up a mint account and set up those bill reminders.

I think it has to be 30 days late to report, I am not 100% sure about this though. Open up a mint account and set up those bill reminders.

I do have mint. Part of the reason I've never been late. It was around my birthday and I forgot completely :smh:

New to this so bear with me

24, want to start building my credit, all I use is my chase debit for everything, what are some good cards to start off with? Capitol One keeps sending me stuff and I hear they are good

Want to be able to use credit but pay it off immediately, for example i buy something and they take the money out of my checking to pay for it, dont want to pay a big bill at the end of the month

Also is there anyway where I can build credit with my regular bills? I pay my rent online and con ed with my Chase Checking account

Also any other tips for this that will help this beginner is greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Bills only count if you don't pay and it goes into collections :lol:

Maybe you should go to Chase and see if you're pre approved for anything

Back
Top Bottom