24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

I just checked my credit score and boy did I get a surprise. Transunion is a 600 now (up 94 points) and Equifax is now a 617 (up 130 points). Also two weeks ago I got a $300 credit limit increase on my Capital One Secured Credit Card.

I just checked my credit score and boy did I get a surprise. Transunion is a 600 now (up 94 points) and Equifax is now a 617 (up 130 points). Also two weeks ago I got a $300 credit limit increase on my Capital One Secured Credit Card.

Congrats fam. Keep grinding :pimp:

dope :pimp:

Jesus how did you get to 500? Congrats though, hope to see you (and everyone here) in the 800 club.

Oh lord, I couldn't even imagine how this thread would be if everyone made it to the 800 club lol

Ego's through the roof

If everybody had 800, nobody would have someone to brag to. Do people really brag about credit scores though?

I have been keeping an eye on my credit slowly rebuilding and I am approaching 700... i finally bought a car last week and the bank gave me a loan with the apr at 3%

if any of you guys could read more into that... does that mean Im doing ok? Should I expect to see a dramatic increase or dip because of the new line of credit?

Oh lord, I couldn't even imagine how this thread would be if everyone made it to the 800 club lol
Ego's through the roof

:lol: this!!

Haven't checked in forever what my actual score is. I know my credit is very good so i don't mind the actual number.

Got my Discover statement and saw my FICO. Didn't even realize I'm up there. #team800club :pimp:

View media item 1948655

I'm jealous. The only reason I want a Discover card is to get the free FICO score. Bank of America keeps lying like they will offer it by 1st quarter this year.

I get scores from Discover, Citi & Amex. Stop limiting yourself and take advantage of these offers from CC companies (Discover is great for their rotating 5% cashback & their online shops cashback offers [e.g. Nike, Macy's, RL 10% off sometimes, or at least 5%]).

Last edited:
I get scores from Discover, Citi & Amex. Stop limiting yourself and take advantage of these offers from CC companies (Discover is great for their rotating 5% cashback & their online shops cashback offers [e.g. Nike, Macy's, RL 10% off sometimes, or at least 5%]).

I agree. What bureau does citi get their scores from?

I agree. What bureau does citi get their scores from?

Equifax using the FICO[emoji]174[/emoji] Bankcard Score 8 model

Jesus how did you get to 500? Congrats though, hope to see you (and everyone here) in the 800 club.

My credit was screwed to the max. When I lived in Illinois, i couldnt catch a break with my jobs and whenever i tried to take a step forward, i took two back. But moving to Florida really helped me, I got a good job in my field making a good amount of money. So i made a vow to myself to rebuild my credit. I signed up for cards and paid off my bills each month and now im here. This thread really helped me a lot

Oh and i checked my FICO, im at a 632. I need that 700 at least tho

Last edited:
My credit was screwed to the max. When I lived in Illinois, i couldnt catch a break with my jobs and whenever i tried to take a step forward, i took two back. But moving to Florida really helped me, I got a good job in my field making a good amount of money. So i made a vow to myself to rebuild my credit. I signed up for cards and paid off my bills each month and now im here. This thread really helped me a lot

Oh and i checked my FICO, im at a 632. I need that 700 at least tho

Nice man, your score is going up exponentially lol. Keep flourishing fam you'll break 700 in no time

Can vouch for @Zyzz -- Discover card is my go-to card now

smokin.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom