24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Hey NT,

I'll be getting my first credit card and was wondering which bank I should use to get the most benefits.

I already have a debit card and an account with PNC but now that I graduated college and got a full-time job, I think its time for me to start building my credit.

Also, any other credit tips would be great since I know NT is filled with experienced people.
Since it's your first credit card and being new with credit, I'll recommend some no annual fee simple reward cards. If you want look up:  Chase Freedom or Freedom unlimited, Amex blue cash everyday, Capital Quicksilver, Discover IT.  Those are just a couple of cards that come to mind that are straight cash back or rotating cash back cards. Depending on what you like to spend on you can maximize it a bit more. Mainly high end cards have annual fees and  cater to traveling, etc. A credit advice would also be paying your card in full, this helps you not pay a cent of interest so it won't cancel out your rewards and benefits and also of course keeps your debt down. 

Who has the best non-fee savings account? Or suggest a better product to get my son to baller status in 18 years

Who has the best non-fee savings account? Or suggest a better product to get my son to baller status in 18 years
From what I know Goldman Sachs does. Offering 1.05% interest.

Better than anywhere else I've seen for a straight up savings. If you're really gonna put it there and not touch it there are other ways to generate yield while maintaining safety of principal though like CDs (which Goldman also offers)

Last edited:
Chase all day everyday

Saphire Reserve - travel and resaurants

Chase Freedom - for rotating 5%

Chase Freedom Unlimited - everything else (including 7000 in monthly rent)

Get those ultimate rewards poppin wit that combo.

From what I know Goldman Sachs does. Offering 1.05% interest.

Better than anywhere else I've seen for a straight up savings. If you're really gonna put it there and not touch it there are other ways to generate yield while maintaining safety of principal though like CDs (which Goldman also offers)

Thanks! Going to add to it monthly till he's 18.
Ally and Barclay

Thank you

Chase all day everyday

Saphire Reserve - travel and resaurants
Chase Freedom - for rotating 5%
Chase Freedom Unlimited - everything else (including 7000 in monthly rent)

Get those ultimate rewards poppin wit that combo.

Jesus Crice where do you stay where your rent is $7000?

synchrony bank

Rates are all around wack for all accounts. Better off throwing your $ in something else. Right now I'm heavy in traditional energy, real estate, construction, and defense. Sorry, gotta ride that Trump rally :smokin

Last edited:

If you're looking to stash money away for the long-term for you kid, look into a 529. Or put it into a brokerage account. Anything but a savings account. Your son won't be "baller status" with 1% APY.

If you're looking to stash money away for the long-term for you kid, look into a 529. Or put it into a brokerage account. Anything but a savings account. Your son won't be "baller status" with 1% APY.

I just need a safe haven so I don't spend it on shoes. He already rich. Own a few properties that are 100k from being free and clear and that's all his.

Will look into the 529

Thought my **** was on the way up because i paid this loan off a month early

i log into creditkarma and see i got hit with two collections by the doctors office :smh:

Thought my **** was on the way up because i paid this loan off a month early

i log into creditkarma and see i got hit with two collections by the doctors office :smh:

Once upon a time I had doctor's office collections (not that I didn't have the dough, but just cause I wasn't paying attention). The best thing is to tell them to go **** themselves. Follow this guide exactly...It worked for me.

https://whychat.me/hipltr.html

Last edited:
@Arrogant  Salute to you sir. Lmk if you guys are hiring no troll. 

I'm seeing on my Discover Card statement its showing my credit fico score of 734. Is that accurate?

If anyone can help, how can I check my credit score for my chase CC

Lastly, which chase card works best with racking up points towards flights.

Thanks!

When does Interest from a Balance Transfer promo hit?

If the offer expires on 3/1/17, will the bill due in Feb reflect any interest or will the one in March have the interest? OR will March be the final interest free month and anything not paid will have the interest on the bill due in April?

Cycle ends on the 24 of each month.

Just booked a trip to Europe for my birthday. JFK to London and coming back home from Paris NONSTOP. The fare cost was $407. I used my Citi TYP at 1.6 towards AA flights for having the prestige card. It will only cost me a little over 50K for my girl and I. I'll also earn AA miles for these flights.

London, Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris here we come! :pimp:

Really wish my home airport was JFK, LAX or SFO. Flights out of San Diego are expensive af most times.

Got a trip to cancun this March and flights are $600. Need to use my TYP via Citi Prestige too before they nerf it.

NT,

This has probably been answered numerous times but any help would be great - I recently just paid both of my credit cards down to about 20-30% and plan on paying down in full within the next 1-1.5 months. I'm looking to improve my credit score by Fall. Is it possible to drastically change my score in this time span?

Really wish my home airport was JFK, LAX or SFO. Flights out of San Diego are expensive af most times.

Got a trip to cancun this March and flights are $600. Need to use my TYP via Citi Prestige too before they nerf it.
Spring break :pimp: what weekend you going? :nerd:

Uber to sy, cross and take the flight from tj

Back
Top Bottom