24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Could you pay off a card with a card and maximize the rewards on the same money? Like I get $100 gas and put it on my Discover iT then pay that $100 off with my 5% off Amazon cashback then pay that $100 off with my 3% capital one then pay the $100 on that before it draws interest.

ALso what is purchasing tradelines about? I keep seeing ads on my facebook. You pay a site/person to add you to a credit account of theirs with good history/standing as an authorized user and it raises your credit? That's what it appears anyways.

He's asking whether you can pay a credit card with another credit card and etc to reap benefits on all cards. I dont believe you can pay a CC with another CC

giphy.webp

ALso what is purchasing tradelines about? I keep seeing ads on my facebook. You pay a site/person to add you to a credit account of theirs with good history/standing as an authorized user and it raises your credit? That's what it appears anyways.

I don't anything about that, but it seems wild. Like if I put my future son on my future credit which is high 700s. He's going to reap benefits. But if I mess up he's going to get hit also.

So you'd be taking a risk doing that, but if they stay stable or there are some kind of protections it seems like a great credit booster technique.

We're going to think of everything in this share economy. We won't have to drive shop work or build our credit anymore.

Got that Capital One bonus a couple days after that 2nd direct deposit hit. I feel kinda bad about cancelling the account right after that :rofl:

What's the capital one bonus :nerd: . I'm about to do the same thing with Santander. Got my $225 today and I'm about to cancel the account :lol: .. gonna open a td bank checking and get $150 but actually stay with them

I just checked out all the chase banking deals. Would be nice to do but there's no branches here in Boston, only an ATM at the airport

This one would be easy $$ if you got targeted.. I hope I didn't throw away the letter or something :lol:

IMG_0072.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_0072.PNG
    IMG_0072.PNG
    145.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
People on reddit are advising people affected to sign up for a credit freeze if they're affected by equifax. Are there other alternatives? I have CK but not sure if they update regularly enough for me to tell when someone trying to do a hard pull.

What's the capital one bonus :nerd: . I'm about to do the same thing with Santander. Got my $225 today and I'm about to cancel the account :lol: .. gonna open a td bank checking and get $150 but actually stay with them

I just checked out all the chase banking deals. Would be nice to do but there's no branches here in Boston, only an ATM at the airport

This one would be easy $$ if you got targeted.. I hope I didn't throw away the letter or something :lol:

IMG_0072.PNG

Targeted only? That's easy money like the Wells Fargo earlier this year :pimp:

Been about a year, are most yall reupping your CSR? :nerd:
Definitely. It's still the best card for me. Been taking mad flights and eating out a lot this year. I use the travel credit on January 1st with my New Year's hotel so that annual fee is nothing.

can anyone drop some knowledge on creditwise with capital one?

I have a a capital one cc and i know there's an alert feature which i hadn't look into until the equifax issue

i thought it would be something where I can set up alerts to let me know if there was a hard inquiry

but it looks like it's already set up cause there's nowhere to create and change settings or preferences

edit: just read into it a bit more

What types of alerts will I receive about my credit activity?

CreditWise sends alerts to update you on your credit status. You can receive alerts for factors that affect your score, including a new inquiry, recently opened account, delinquent account, improved account, or bankrupt account. CreditWise also sends alerts for changes to your public record, address or employment information on file with TransUnion.

creditwise can only evaulate information on that appears on a TransUnion credit report

i plan to look into something like lifelock to see if it offers anything that presents some good value to me...would rather not pay for anything though

Credit wise reports pretty quickly if you Apply for something and does a hard pull. When I applied for a car loan the minute they sent the application in to be processed I got notified via email

Just got that CLI from Discover from 21.5k to 25k. Showing Love

About to do the Chase/Southwest cards next month to get the companion pass and im straight for years on CC's

Back
Top Bottom