24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

What's the best balance transfer card with like a 0 apr that will take me with my usage at damn near 75% right now and thus busted my credit down to the mid 600s?

I used citi simplicity a couple years back. They have a little more than a year at 0 % i think.

^ Here are some with no annual fees:

Capital One Quicksilver
Capital One VentureOne
Discover IT

Capital One Platinum is also a good starter, easy to get. Now it is the bane of my existence because it's useless, but it's my oldest card so :rolleyes

What's a good starter credit card my niece just graduated from grad school and is about to get her first credit card?

My niece went in to open a bank account and they offered her a $500 visa. She had a job for awhile though. Also getting a cellphone contract is a good way when you're young.

Yeah, I hate that ish. No good marks for being on time, but quick to hit you with the missing payment mark. Same with PayPal credit smh.

Looks like a hard pull dropped off my transuniom score. Finally made it past 750's up to 766. Wanna see what it is when my discover statement drops

BofA was my first card, had it for about 8 months then moved to a discover it. My 1 year was up in July and I've been churning ever since.
I just got the MasterCard the other day and I have until January to do that plus the td bank card (when their offer expires) and then I might be done and just start building my chase points (I have like 19k right now). Either that or get a Wells Fargo card where I'd get $200 for spending $1000 and then be done

I'm about to have 2 years of credit in December and my score is 759. My Barclaycard actually said my score went up 1 point but I'm waiting for my discover to come in to make sure with all these new inquiries I have

IMG_0055.PNG

Last edited:
Just got a Chase Freedom card, Sapphire will be my next one after a year or so
spend the $500 to get the $150 cash back..and then chill with it..but u wanna get that reward as quick as possible since u only have 90 days

BofA was my first card, had it for about 8 months then moved to a discover it. My 1 year was up in July and I've been churning ever since.
I just got the MasterCard the other day and I have until January to do that plus the td bank card (when their offer expires) and then I might be done and just start building my chase points (I have like 19k right now). Either that or get a Wells Fargo card where I'd get $200 for spending $1000 and then be done

I'm about to have 2 years of credit in December and my score is 759. My Barclaycard actually said my score went up 1 point but I'm waiting for my discover to come in to make sure with all these new inquiries I have

IMG_0055.PNG

I thought I was the only one who wrote due dates on the notes on my phone lol.

Just got approved for Discover IT. Forgot about the whole $50 referral thing. Is it too late?

Discover referral links are the ones everyone should be asking for and applying through, because without it you don't get any bonus money. The person who refers you gets $50 but then you get $50 too, which essentially is $100 because you get cash back match at the end of your first year.

All those other credit card referrals usually only benefits the person who is giving you the link, the discover however actually helps the person applying get a free $50 (or $100 cashback match), otherwise you can't get any $$$ without it when signing up they don't offer anything besides the standard cash back match after your first year.

and to answer your question, its probably too late. Can't see any way around it since you're already approved.

Just got approved for Discover IT. Forgot about the whole $50 referral thing. Is it too late?

I referred my friend and he applied without the referral link but he called them right after and we both got our $50. Discover has good customer service so it’s worth a shot

Opened up a Barclaycard MasterCard on the 8th and my statement already cut on the 21st:emoji_thinking:

feel dumb, opened up a chase slate to use it to transfer the balance of my discover IT , but discover doesnt take CC payments

Back
Top Bottom