24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

What's that MLM secured metal black card I keep seeing on fb? They posted a picture of weighing it and it weighing more than the Amex Gold and the real black cards?

Can having overdraft protection on a checking account help your credit score? (Assuming I never use anything more than my own funds in my checking, of course).

So did everyone do a credit freeze on all credit bureau agency's?

Some shady ish though. Execs selling their stock before the incident.

Can having overdraft protection on a checking account help your credit score? (Assuming I never use anything more than my own funds in my checking, of course).

if I am not mistaken, it will show up as a trade on your report.

+ it will lower your percentage of utilization since you are not using it.

I would say yes in the long run it will help.

it also helps to have different type of credit on your bureau (a few different between CC, line of credit, overdraft protection, car loan, Mortgage, etc.)

Am I being naive in terms of not paying attention to this whole thing? I haven't noticed anything different on any of my accounts :nerd:

Am I being naive in terms of not paying attention to this whole thing? I haven't noticed anything different on any of my accounts :nerd:
well none of the members on this board are acknowledging my statement.. So its either a non issue to them, they already took necessary precautions, or maybe they're just tired of talking about it.

I'm honestly just going to let it ride. i can freeze one credit bureau for free.. but the others i have to pay. its pretty much do you think anythings going to happen to you..

also, if someone were to use your credit it would take you a couple of weeks to notice. the updates arent that instant. unless you're paying for a higher forum of credit monitoring...

Was it in here someone said if you freeze or sign up for the monitoring you waive your right to the settlement that is going to happen with Experian?

Im a little lost on what to do. I check Credit Karma regularly already but something coming up would really be annoying considering I'm looking to buy some property in the next 3-6 months.

I thought I read credit freeze won't help or do much.

Those saying they haven't noticed anything yet doesn't mean anything :lol:

It's millions upon millions of people's info. They have it, they don't use it all instantly. If anything they're using some and selling some and being pass around.

I do. It has been worth it.

I have the gold premier which has better day to day points and benefits BUT them platinum benefits for travel are lovely. I only travel maybe 3-4 times a yr though. I havent found a card better than gold premier honestly, seems like nobody is trying to compete with it.

I have the gold premier which has better day to day points and benefits BUT them platinum benefits for travel are lovely. I only travel maybe 3-4 times a yr though. I havent found a card better than gold premier honestly, seems like nobody is trying to compete with it.

I have the gold premier as well. I use it for pretty much everything, but it is a good combination with the platinum card. I use the $200 in uber credits on uber eats. Also, I buy $200 worth of gift cards for flights. It really pays for itself.

I have the gold premier as well. I use it for pretty much everything, but it is a good combination with the platinum card. I use the $200 in uber credits on uber eats. Also, I buy $200 worth of gift cards for flights. It really pays for itself.

My issue is they dont discount annual fees if you have numerous cards because inwas thinking about using both cards as a pair.

If you have a Discover card they list your FICO on each statement
Discover is slightly turning into my favorite card, that 5% back is clutch. Only gripe is their stinginess with increases. Going to wait more than a couple months next time.

Discover is slightly turning into my favorite card, that 5% back is clutch. Only gripe is their stinginess with increases. Going to wait more than a couple months next time.
Don't ask for it they will just increase it as long as u paying on time

What's the best balance transfer card with like a 0 apr that will take me with my usage at damn near 75% right now and thus busted my credit down to the mid 600s?

Back
Top Bottom