24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

I used to live in a building where the only way to pay for rent was with a cc or debit card

I knew about things like Plastiq but I'm philosophically against paying fees, even to meet a sign up bonus.

In California it's pretty unheard of for the typical large rental companies to accept CC directly.

Individual landlords who rent their own properties seem much more likely to be flexible.

If you are carrying over debt month to month, that is true. If you use CC to buy everything but pay it off in full each due date - that is free money

Correct. Like anything else, CCs are a tool. Use it wisely.

An old apartment of mine took CC with a small service charge (<$5). A lot less than what I got for cashback. I also paid my grad school tuition (without fees) on my CC.

Same here. My tuition was paid for using AMEX and my Discover card. Took full advantage of their entry 0% interest rate

Damn so I forgot to pay my BofA card and I was a day late and now they charged me a $25 late fee. Think if I call they’ll remove it? And what can I do to remove the late payment from my credit history? I haven’t missed a payment in my 5 years

Damn so I forgot to pay my BofA card and I was a day late and now they charged me a $25 late fee. Think if I call they’ll remove it? And what can I do to remove the late payment from my credit history? I haven’t missed a payment in my 5 years

Call asap. They should be able to remove it. However idk if that gets reported to the Bureaus as soon as it happens?
Happened to me and they took care of it. Never saw anything on my reports

They will take it off for sure, just say mention its been tough because of covid

Yea I called earlier
She was like “has there been any recent financial hardship for you?”
Caught off guard but knew why she was asking so I was just like uhh yeah I’ve been working less?? :lol:
And she removed it :pimp:

honestly I would have been pissed if she didn’t remove it. Been with BofA for 13+ years and had a CC for 5

I also asked if I could somehow downgrade or waive the fee for my card with a $95 annual fee . She said the only way would be to close the account. Decided to keep it open so I don’t lose the history and credit line, gonna have to eventually close it though I don’t even use it and it’s not worth paying for no reason

I also asked if I could somehow downgrade or waive the fee for my card with a $95 annual fee . She said the only way would be to close the account. Decided to keep it open so I don’t lose the history and credit line, gonna have to eventually close it though I don’t even use it and it’s not worth paying for no reason

Check and see if you they have a card w/o an annual card that you can PC to. That way you won't lose the history of the card.

cs02132 cs02132 you have learned a valuable lesson - always complain and tell them how much of a brand advocate you are - “I’ve been with you for 10 years and have told my friends how great you are - are you sure you can’t do anything?”

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom