24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

if you go on a site and check for pre-qualified offers and there are none - should you even apply for a card or is that an automatic rejection?

If u think u might get approved just call and do it over the phone..takes no more than 15 mins

Some store have good benefits:

-Target..5% rewards on all purchases

-Best Buy..6 and 12-month financing on items when u spend so much (@ 0% APR)

any of you guys have a gas card?

I see the promotion every time i fill up but im too lazy to figure out if the savings is worth it rather than the 3% cash back from am ex and 5% quarter for chase freedom.

I use Shells free fuel reward program save atleast 3 cent / gal every fill up and I get 2X the points on gas with my AMEX. Works for me.

is Discover IT good? I want a Discover card, whats the best one for someone with solid, not fantastic credit?

is Discover IT good? I want a Discover card, whats the best one for someone with solid, not fantastic credit?

Discover is probably your best bet if you don't do a ton of spending and aren't looking for miles or other airline perks. As long as you don't have any collections you should get approved. I can send you a referral link that gets us both $50 too bro

Discover is probably your best bet if you don't do a ton of spending and aren't looking for miles or other airline perks. As long as you don't have any collections you should get approved. I can send you a referral link that gets us both $50 too bro
im not worried about being approved for this one. was just wondering if maybe there was a better Discover I can apply for and what it includes that the IT doesn't.

already got a couple PM's about referral
laugh.gif
 i'll probably choose one of your referral codes randomly if I do apply 

im not worried about being approved for this one. was just wondering if maybe there was a better Discover I can apply for and what it includes that the IT doesn't.

already got a couple PM's about referral :lol:  i'll probably choose one of your referral codes randomly if I do apply 

Only other one that you should consider would be the It miles card if you're stuck on discover.

Some store have good benefits:

-Target..5% rewards on all purchases

-Best Buy..6 and 12-month financing on items when u spend so much (@ 0% APR)
I wish yal would stop bringing up the target credit card. The target debit card has the same 5% off all purchases yal got finessed .

The Target Red Card is not a reward, it is a discount. 5% reward means they'll give you 5% back later when you've accumulated enough purchases to redeem. 5% discount is money taken off the purchase price.

View media item 2121560

I recently opened the bank of America travel card, if you spend 1000 you get 200 back towards travel.

I recently ran a credit report using credit karma and made sure everything was right.

In total I have 21 credit cards. I want to open the chase sapphire preferred credit card, but chase does not approve cards if you have opened more than 5 in the past two years.

:lol: yeah i know and its pretty smart to play the game like that. How do you keep track. Spreadsheet?

no but I will need to once I start opening accounts with annual fees. I think I have exhausted opening the credit card accounts without an annual fee.

Thoughts on the best student credit card? I'm just looking for one for general use and maybe to use on vacation. My credit isn't good enough to get approved for non student cards. :smh:

My brother is in college and had no credit history. Still got approved for DiscoverIT.

Try that out first.

Back
Top Bottom