24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Quick question,

i haven old cap1 card with 1550 limit... i paid the balance in full last week and I just got hit with a purchase interest charge. I haven’t purchased anything on this card for months.

Am i to expect an interest charge every month even though I have paid the balance off? Confused...
They state its from a balance before it was paid off, happened to me once

call complain and make them take it off

So, if you pqy your balqnce in full after the bill cycle date, you can call and tell them to reimburse you the money?

So, if you pqy your balqnce in full after the bill cycle date, you can call and tell them to reimburse you the money?

If you pay your CC balance after the bill cycle date, you will be charged w/e interest you accrued on the balance.

Question for you guys.
I’m going to pay off a car loan early (12k~). Which would be better for my credit, or does it even matter?
Paying it off with 1 payment in full or splitting it up to multiple payments over the course of 3-10 months? I know I’d be losing extra money to interest by splitting it up, but would I see a better increase in my credit that way? If so, would it even be enough to justify the extra cash?

Paying off in full will have the most immediate effect on your credit. Paying off a monthly balance and an increase in your credit history could have a similar effect as well. People typically recommend to pay off debts as soon as possible tho

Paying off in full will have the most immediate effect on your credit. Paying off a monthly balance and an increase in your credit history could have a similar effect as well. People typically recommend to pay off debts as soon as possible tho

I have good credit, I’m not worried about an immediate effect, I just wondering if there is a substantial difference in the point increase between the two.
Somebody was telling me that if I pay it all off in 1 lump sum I might only see a 10-20 point increase, but if I spread it out, I could see a 30+ point increase. Not sure if that’s true, or not.

Question for you guys.
I’m going to pay off a car loan early (12k~). Which would be better for my credit, or does it even matter?
Paying it off with 1 payment in full or splitting it up to multiple payments over the course of 3-10 months? I know I’d be losing extra money to interest by splitting it up, but would I see a better increase in my credit that way? If so, would it even be enough to justify the extra cash?
score gonna go down after u pay it off

If you have the Platinum Amex just rolled out a lot of new benefits for the rest of the year.

I only have 1 Amex card I never really paid attention to them at all since I’ve been churning the past 3-4 years. Gonna sign up for one of the chase sapphire cards for the bonus in September then look for my “long term” daily card. I’ll check Amex out then for sure

a bunch of my cards are gonna be older than 24 months around September-November

Maybe for general everyday spending. I certainly use the gold more often

But the travel benefits/other benefits with the platinum are much much better than the gold.
i dont fly enough to justify that af
do waaaaaaay more grocery shopping and such

looking for a credit card to use for daily spending and accrue points, since all i use is debit and cash like a bum.

shoot me recs papis

I have good credit, I’m not worried about an immediate effect, I just wondering if there is a substantial difference in the point increase between the two.
Somebody was telling me that if I pay it all off in 1 lump sum I might only see a 10-20 point increase, but if I spread it out, I could see a 30+ point increase. Not sure if that’s true, or not.

I doubt it will be substantial. Plus if you have good credit it really doesn't matter.
But..
If you pay it in payments, you will see growth monthly because of debt ratio. and when you pay the lump sum you'll get that negative hit then hit "The come up" < word to j cole.

but either way, if you pay off loan in multiple payments, once you close that big loan you're going to take the hit eventually.

So Thursday I decided to check my credit since I haven’t checked it all year. My credit score was previously 750, now it’s 650. Reason being there’s three late payments for March, April and May. Of course I was like WTF. The account was a gas card from Chevron my dad got for me in 2007 that I never used. Apparently my dad has been making payments all these years and realized what was going on and ended up cancelling the card. What I guess he forgot to do is make the last payment. So it went unpaid from February until yesterday when I paid the $58 balance. I filed a dispute with Experian. Hopefully this will get corrected.

What got me upset is I’m looking to trade in my car for something bigger to accommodate my newborn and I got denied because of the delinquency. First time ever and it was pretty embarrassing.

Back
Top Bottom