25% Through the Decade is it safe to say....

Kendrick has the album of the decade thus far?

What's the Album of the Decade so far?

Discuss.

Last edited:
please don't. i love the album so much. no need to cloud it with unnecessary claims, debates, and comparisons. let's enjoy the greatness.

please don't. i love the album so much. no need to cloud it with unnecessary claims, debates, and comparisons. let's enjoy the greatness.

This is an open discussion though.... Obviously totally opinion based, but I haven't heard a Rap album this good in awhile bruh...

Who has had a better album since 2010?

I just want yall opinion...

Last edited:
This is an open discussion though.... Obviously totally opinion based, but I haven't heard a Rap album this good in awhile bruh...
Who has had a better album since 2010?
I just want yall opinion...
you're very correct imo, but i would just prefer to let it breath and flourish before this topic is brought up.

^ I am over 25 and Kendricks album was refreshing and great. Easily the best hip-hop major label debut since Lupe's Food & Liquor. With that being said I do think the best album of the decade talk is a bit premature.

If I had to prematurely choose an album my vote was going to go to the XX's debut album but that dropped in 2009 so I would have to go with The Roots "Undun" album. Kendrick would be a close second followed by "Distant Relatives and "Coexist" tied for 3rd.

220px-Distant_Relatives_(Nas_%26_Damian_Marley_album).jpg

Got to be in the discussion..

I'm probably taking Return of 4Eva and possibly K.R.I.T. Wuz Here over Good Kid M.A.A.D. City (IDC if they're not "retail" albums).

Life Is Good is up there, so is J. Stalin's Prenuptial Agreement. Vigilante Season, the last Cunninlynguist album too. I'd even throw Take Care and MBDTF in the mix.

Gotta let Good Kid M.A.A.D. City breathe man, **** hasn't even been out for a month. I can't say it's better than any of the albums above with a straight face... yet.

It would be "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" as it stands right now. Can't argue wit' the "Good Kid, Maad City" claims though.

Distant Relatives and WTT were better. MBDTF might be based on the production, but lyrically he didn't say **** on that album so idk.

no way in hell Watch The Throne would take it. It got boring and old real quick. GKMC has already been played more than WTT, and I still cherish it every play.

MBDTF is most definitely another contender.

We are technically only 20% through the decade.
embarassed.gif

I predict a better album will drop before that 5% is reached.

Back
Top Bottom