25% Through the Decade is it safe to say....

If I had two sheets of cheap 1ply toilet paper left along with WTT and MBDTF, id save the tissue and wipe my *** with those 2 albums.

Can't say GKMC is the best of the decade, I need to enjoy it some more, and I'm ordering Roc Marciano pretty soon.

You know how I know I'm getting old? Because Kendrick Lamar's album is just okay to me.
Its universally praised by people under 25

This is what I was afraid of.

I have yet to listen to the CD, but will give it a spin this Thanksgiving weekend.

A lot of the newer artist and music doesn't do much for me.

I hate when _s get to posting that ol underground/alternative **** thats not hot. Roc Marciano?? Lol da****? Kendrick Album was a great album and was received great commercially. He lived up to the hype and dropped a classic. I promise i almost threw Meek CD out the window trying to listen to it after GKMC...Album of the decade 20% in.

Distant Relatives and Life is Good are the albums of the decade so far...

If I can skip 3-4 tracks on your album then no.

I hate when _s get to posting that ol underground/alternative **** thats not hot. Roc Marciano?? Lol da****? Kendrick Album was a great album and was received great commercially. He lived up to the hype and dropped a classic. I promise i almost threw Meek CD out the window trying to listen to it after GKMC...Album of the decade 20% in.

I haven't listened to it yet, but if the Marciano album is dope, then what would be the problem? That statement doesn't sound much different than somebody with their head in the sand only listening to aesop rock.

:rofl:

And I love KL's album. Should've made this an album of the year thread.

Lots of albums (many mentioned) are in contention.

I appreciate the feedback. And I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one who feels this way...

I will admit that distant relatives was a great album... But anyone who thinks WTT OR MBDTF is more classic needs to go jump off the nearest bridge as soon as possible

Last edited:
I haven't listened to it yet, but if the Marciano album is dope, then what would be the problem? That statement doesn't sound much different than somebody with their head in the sand only listening to aesop rock.

I havent heard it either and i dont need to. It might be a good album, i saw some dudes whose opinions on music are respectable but im saying...who the **** is he? Is he signed? Does he have an album that i can go buy in my local best buy right,now? He is a LOCAL rapper, i dnt care about him being from New York.

I can sit and chill listening to Kendrick album. I can ride to it. I can smoke to it. I can kick it wit my ***** to it. I cant play it with my bros cause all they wanna hear is meek mill, Ross, and Doughboyz Cashout....

Not knocking that dude, but dont come comparing rookie of the year to a ***** who been dropping 15.3 in the NBDl for a few yrs but never been called up.

I havent heard it either and i dont need to. It might be a good album, i saw some dudes whose opinions on music are respectable but im saying...who the **** is he? Is he signed? Does he have an album that i can go buy in my local best buy right,now? He is a LOCAL rapper, i dnt care about him being from New York.
I can sit and chill listening to Kendrick album. I can ride to it. I can smoke to it. I can kick it wit my ***** to it. I cant play it with my bros cause all they wanna hear is meek mill, Ross, and Doughboyz Cashout....
Not knocking that dude, but dont come comparing rookie of the year to a ***** who been dropping 15.3 in the NBDl for a few yrs but never been called up.
but when Section.80 and OD dropped Kendrick was in that position, but the music was still better than people whose albums you can get from Best Buy.
your logic is...just no.

MBDTF was a great album, but def not the best IMO. It has pretty good replay value. I didn't listen to Take Care at all cuz I had enough whining in Thank Me Later.

I've been sleeping on Lamar tho. Just listened to a few tracks pretty nice lyrically nd raps about different things. I'm from LA and usually skeptical of LA rappers cuz they usually say the same old ish.

I see where you're coming from about how you feel about KL's album 7th mile, but what does it matter if Marciano is signed or not? Sean Price isn't signed (to a major if that's what u meant), but I picked up his album the other day, and I'm here in Houston. I think u could fairly compare them cause they're recent albums this year, one by a new artist, and one by an artist who could be considered new to certain people. He may be local, but I guess since I've been on and off hearing about him since 04, I don't really consider him local. There's a good appeal there for me based on who he's associated with.

You sound like an idiot. You can't play Kendrick around your boys because all they want to hear is some mickey mouse **** but no one can play an album around you because it's not sold at Best Buy.

Do you hear yourself? :rofl:

Birds of a feather, you and your boys.

I somewhat agree . . . you can't name an album the best of a decade if it had no cultural influence or relevance outside of hardcore fans . . .

That's why Kanye, Drake, and Kendrick's names are getting thrown around in here, because all three of those dudes are influencing the landscape of music that they are in . .

Who did this Roc Marciano cat influence?

You sound like an idiot. You can't play Kendrick around your boys because all they want to hear is some mickey mouse **** but no one can play an album around you because it's not sold at Best Buy.
Do you hear yourself? :rofl:
Birds of a feather, you and your boys.

im an idiot? you dnt even know **** about me dawg...You not Gucci mane cuz of the avy _, dnt get it ****** up, if i ever met you in person, on my daughters life i would slap the **** out you and take whatever device you used to type that, im typing this from an acer laptop in the heart of detroit..**** is real..

when did i once say i wouldn't play an album not sold at best buy? shut up now.

but when Section.80 and OD dropped Kendrick was in that position, but the music was still better than people whose albums you can get from Best Buy.

I wouldn't compare section 80 or od to those albums either though. Those are like em's infinite, great-arguable classic album, but when have we ever compared it to the greats? Its underground...

im an idiot? you dnt even know **** about me dawg...You not Gucci mane cuz of the avy _, dnt get it ****** up, if i ever met you in person, on my daughters life i would slap the **** out you and take whatever device you used to type that, im typing this from an acer laptop in the heart of detroit..**** is real..
I wouldn't compare section 80 or od to those albums either though. Those are like em's infinite, great-arguable classic album, but when have we ever compared it to the greats? Its underground...
but Section.80 is better than WTT. we're talking about quality. not how many people know about it. Section.80 topped many publications' year end lists...meaning established artist's albums were trumped by an underground album. what does being underground have to do with something was good or not?
if MBDTF was the exact same album but made by an unknown artist is it not as good?

kendricks album is dope, ive been a huge fan since sec 80, and he didnt dissappoint on his debut... that being said its not even the best rap album of the year.

listening to aesop rock.

speaking of him, i saw a few threads here and downloaded the alchemist tape.. hes not bad i just cant vibe to his voice. deleted it after one listen.

its so cold in the d...

Son, I said you sound like an idiot and you're only adding more legitimacy to the observation.

Please leave your daughter out of it.

If what I said hurt you so deep, you can find me in the heart of North Oakland typing away on my MacBook Pro. :lol:

Shoot out here to the Ice bro, I'll give you my name, I'm not exactly hard to find.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom