25% Through the Decade is it safe to say....

Claims like this makes me like the album less. Its a solid album far from trash but its impossible to label an album with "real" and "Backseat freestyle" the album of the decade. NO WAY in hell, those are arguable THEE worst songs I have ever heard in my whole existence. The album is hardly touching section.80, no one is denying the good music just quit reaching with these outlandish claims.
View media item 142750

The hate for MBDTF is real. That album is the album of the decade so far HANDS DOWN. Kendrick's album is definitely in the top 3 of the decade for HIP HOP. As far as considering other albums of the decade throughout all genres my top includes:

Beach House - Bloom
Beach House - Teen Dream
Crystal Castles - Crystal Castles (II)
Frank Ocean - Nostalgia, Ultra (was technically supposed to be an album)
The Weeknd - House of Balloons
Drake - Take Care (sans "The Motto" and "I'm So Proud of You")
Bon Iver - Bon Iver, Bon Iver

So much Watch The Throne hate, and to top it all off someone said that Distant Relatives was a better collaboration album?
mean.gif
I cant.......

So much Watch The Throne hate, and to top it all off someone said that Distant Relatives was a better collaboration album? :smh: I cant.......

That's probably the crowd that claimed WTT was only monet talk in which as a response i just walk away..

One thing I can tell from this thread that confirms what I already knew WTT and MBDTF are the most overrated hip-hop albums of the decade. Another is that most of the people who post what they think is the album of the decade sadly don't listen to much outside of hip-hop.

So much Watch The Throne hate, and to top it all off someone said that Distant Relatives was a better collaboration album? :smh: I cant.......

I like Jay and Kanye but DR is a way better collaboration and its not even close. WTT is nowhere near as good as DR musically or lyrically. :smh: The two shouldn't even be talked about in the same sentence.

Claims like this makes me like the album less. Its a solid album far from trash but its impossible to label an album with "real" and "Backseat freestyle" the album of the decade. NO WAY in hell, those are arguable THEE worst songs I have ever heard in my whole existence. The album is hardly touching section.80, no one is denying the good music just quit reaching with these outlandish claims.
whats wrong with backseat freestyle?? 
laugh.gif

but forreal, id put ab-soul - control system in the list somewhere

im an idiot? you dnt even know **** about me dawg...You not Gucci mane cuz of the avy _, dnt get it ****** up, if i ever met you in person, on my daughters life i would slap the **** out you and take whatever device you used to type that, im typing this from an acer laptop in the heart of detroit..**** is real..

when did i once say i wouldn't play an album not sold at best buy? shut up now.

Well damb :rofl:

You know how I know I'm getting old? Because Kendrick Lamar's album is just okay to me.

Its universally praised by people under 25

Pretty much. NT music forum has zero credibility. I read some of the most outlandish stuff in here :lol: Then I have to remember it's a bunch of 17-18 year olds that don't know any better.

Last edited:

I like Jay and Kanye but DR is a way better collaboration and its not even close. WTT is nowhere near as good as DR musically or lyrically. :smh: The two shouldn't even be talked about in the same sentence.

QFT

Watch the Throne was good for what it was. But Distant Relatives is way better. It's hard to compare the two since the subject matter is so much different. And music is 100% subjective so I thought the conscious feel and deep thought provoking lyrics on DR was something id rather listen to then WTT mostly being braggadocios rap music.

Back
Top Bottom