25% Through the Decade is it safe to say....

I somewhat agree . . . you can't name an album the best of a decade if it had no cultural influence or relevance outside of hardcore fans . . .​

That's why Kanye, Drake, and Kendrick's names are getting thrown around in here, because all three of those dudes are influencing the landscape of music that they are in . .​

Who did this Roc Marciano cat influence?​
soo you feel the same way about the same artist last year w/ Section.80? it was underground so it's not a great album of the decade?
i don't think you believe that, but i'm just making you aware that, that's what The 7th Mile is saying about Roc Marciano. He doesn't care how good the album actually is because the dude is underground. (i don't even know who that Roc guy is, but to say quality matters NONE is pretty....silly.)

Last edited:
Who did this Roc Marciano cat influence?​

never listened to his music before. so i googled him and all it took was one song for me to know this dude is really good.

idc if hes mainstream/popular/green/blue//etc. good art is good art.

cocotaso1 and badlieutenant - thanks for posting *repped*

Son, I said you sound like an idiot and you're only adding more legitimacy to the observation.
Please leave your daughter out of it.
If what I said hurt you so deep, you can find me in the heart of North Oakland typing away on my MacBook Pro. :lol:
Shoot out here to the Ice bro, I'll give you my name, I'm not exactly hard to find.

You a *****, dont start talking tough and then try to be the bigger man (eventhough you a lil _) when i say some **** back to you. It aint that serious to come out there, just know if we EVER cross paths, and i recognize you as the geek with the gucci avy, imma slap fire out yo *** boy, thats my word.

laugh.gif

2q2o6ir.jpg

When did I talk tough? What makes you think I'm trying to be the bigger man? This **** isn't squashed **** boi.

If you see me your daughters gonna loose one of her two fathers.

Now I'm talking tough. **** *** ***.

Son, I said you sound like an idiot and you're only adding more legitimacy to the observation.
If what I said hurt you so deep, you can find me in the heart of North Oakland typing away on my MacBook Pro.
laugh.gif

Shoot out here to the Ice bro, I'll give you my name, I'm not exactly hard to find.
You a *****, dont start talking tough and then try to be the bigger man (eventhough you a lil _) when i say some **** back to you. It aint that serious to come out there, just know if we EVER cross paths, and i recognize you as the geek with the gucci avy, imma slap fire out yo *** boy, thats my word.
Lmfao but why though? Because he called you an idiot on an internet sneaker forum because you and him have different opinions on music?

That would be the softest **** to get an assault/murder charge for
laugh.gif

Recognizing him as the geek with the Gucci avy . . . like NT members wear their avi's and usernames taped to their shirt
roll.gif

Calm down bro . . .

Last edited:
When did I talk tough? What makes you think I'm trying to be the bigger man? This **** isn't squashed **** boi.

Me-So-Corny.jpg

Two fathers line was kinda funny tho, can't eem front
laugh.gif

soo you feel the same way about the same artist last year w/ Section.80? it was underground so it's not a great album of the decade?
i don't think you believe that, but i'm just making you aware that, that's what The 7th Mile is saying about Roc Marciano. He doesn't care how good the album actually is because the dude is underground. (i don't even know who that Roc guy is, but to say quality matters NONE is pretty....silly.)

Im not saying that fam, im just saying you cant compare them. These are mixtapes to me bro. Music put out for free. You wouldnt compare Dedication 2 to the black album. You wouldnt compare trap god to life is good. It has nothing to do.with the quality, good music is good music, but these are 2 different categories.

Whats good? NT summit in Chicago? we can tape it, you might worldstar ****, imma throw dirt in your eye, no respect.

kendricks album is dope, ive been a huge fan since sec 80, and he didnt dissappoint on his debut... that being said its not even the best rap album of the year.

listening to aesop rock.

speaking of him, i saw a few threads here and downloaded the alchemist tape.. hes not bad i just cant vibe to his voice. deleted it after one listen.

His voice definitely irks me, pretty much the main reason i don't check for him.

What's been going on in here though :lol: :lol: ?

Y'all dudes ruining the whole thread.

Kinda why I don't really come thru the music section lol

Last edited:
My albums of the decade so far would be...

The Roots - How I Got Over
Crystal Castles - Crystal Castles II
Janelle Monae - The Archandroid
Kanye - MBDTF
The Black Keys - Brothers

Kendrick is defiantly in the top 10 though. I'd say him and Nas are tied for the best rap album of 2012

You know how I know I'm getting old? Because Kendrick Lamar's album is just okay to me.
Its universally praised by people under 25
im only 22 i grew up listening to jay-z and dmx CDs..the lox and stuff like that. its not that easy to impress me

The Weeknd - The Trilogy

hands down.

Yep

This man knows.

And I know NT really only cares about Rap music but

1. The Weeknd - Trilogy
2. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
3. Frank Ocean - Channel Orange
4. Jack White - Blunderbuss

Honorable mentions - I don't really like the album but just due to the critical acclaim - Adele should be mentioned. Vampire Weekend, Bon Iver, Danny Brown XXX, POS - We don't even live here, Aesop Rock - Skelethon, Black Keys - Brothers, Beach House - Bloom, Purity Rings - Shrines.

I like GKMC. But not top 10 of the Decade. Maybe Top 10 of the decade in the hip-hop genre.

Last edited:
As of now, I'd say so. MBDTF, Distant Relatives, Life is Good, Channel Orange, The Weeknd Trilogy, MOTM 2, as well as some other projects are all up there as well, but Kendrick gets the edge imo.

Claims like this makes me like the album less. Its a solid album far from trash but its impossible to label an album with "real" and "Backseat freestyle" the album of the decade. NO WAY in hell, those are arguable THEE worst songs I have ever heard in my whole existence. The album is hardly touching section.80, no one is denying the good music just quit reaching with these outlandish claims.

Back
Top Bottom