-

Originally Posted by throwback1718

ONE question I have always wondered.... my 23 years of being a fan of this team... WHY does EVERYONE want them to lose so bad? It's not like we're the lakers and we been taking many of the championships... Or even the Yankees I can understand... but the Knicks? Really?
There are poorly run franchises all across the country in all of pro sports... But the hate is thick for this team...

Can ANYONE explain this to me?

too much hype.
See knicks tv games thread

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

ONE question I have always wondered.... my 23 years of being a fan of this team... WHY does EVERYONE want them to lose so bad? It's not like we're the lakers and we been taking many of the championships... Or even the Yankees I can understand... but the Knicks? Really?
There are poorly run franchises all across the country in all of pro sports... But the hate is thick for this team...

too much hype.

Been this way forever not just this year

OP's cable is cut off . Stoudemire and Lin haven't played a game in a while show me another "contender" with two of their three best players out for the season
indifferent.gif

1) Melo is overrated and has been his entire career. Healthy and in shape, he is clearly a top 5 scorer in the league, but unfortunately he has demonstrated little motivation to do anything else.
2) Amare has had an awful season. I think something is up with his back and/or knees, and the condensed schedule has made it much worse.
3) Melo and Amare's games do not mesh. Both are ball-stoppers, who thrive in isolation situations. Wade and LeBron faced similar problems last year, but unlike Melo and Amare, LBJ and Wade are two of the best passers in the league at their positions.
4) Poor point guard play

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

too much hype.

+ fans

Too much hype... In other words you have an inferiority complex

And yeah those damn fans. Supporting a bad team. Screw them right. The Knicks are going to be relevant and talked about win or lose so quit crying and get used to it

Originally Posted by atlballa15

1) Melo is overrated and has been his entire career. Healthy and in shape, he is clearly a top 5 scorer in the league, but unfortunately he has demonstrated little motivation to do anything else.
2) Amare has had an awful season. I think something is up with his back and/or knees, and the condensed schedule has made it much worse.
3) Melo and Amare's games do not mesh. Both are ball-stoppers, who thrive in isolation situations. Wade and LeBron faced similar problems last year, but unlike Melo and Amare, LBJ and Wade are two of the best passers in the league at their positions.
4) Poor point guard play

Do you enjoy talking *%!$ Outa of ur !$%? Just a question.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Too much hype... In other words you have an inferiority complex

And yeah those damn fans. Supporting a bad team. Screw them right. The Knicks are going to be relevant and talked about win or lose so quit crying and get used to it

Its the anti new york mindset, their just pissed were relevant win or lose

They have a bunch of pieces that don't fit well together, there two best players and coach are allergic to defense.

Originally Posted by trimane24

They have a bunch of pieces that don't fit well together, there two best players and coach are allergic to defense.

You sure about that, or is that what Sportscenter told you?

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

OP's cable is cut off . Stoudemire and Lin haven't played a game in a while show me another "contender" with two of their three best players out for the season
indifferent.gif
You do realize Derrick Rose has missed 22 games this season, right? Rip has basically missed the entire season, Deng missed ten games. Bulls still have the best record in the league. You're going to have to come up with a better excuse.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

indifferent.gif
You do realize Derrick Rose has missed 22 games this season, right? Rip has basically missed the entire season, Deng missed ten games. Bulls still have the best record in the league. You're going to have to come up with a better excuse.

You're confused or illiterate.
Lin is almost definitely done for the year, and the lack of word on Amar'e says there's still a decent chance he is too.
The year. Not some games in the middle of the season. The season's end and the playoffs.

But same difference, doe. Quit whinin.

I'm not even going to get into it. Fact of the matter is the Knicks are 28-27. They've looked great at times, and they've looked terrible at times. Lately they've been looking pretty good winning 10 of their last 13 games and are currently 5th in defensive effiency and probably allowing the least ppg in the league since Woodson took over.

Our starting PF and PG are out probably for the rest of the season, but the team has still looked good as of late.

We'll see what happens if the Knicks make the playoffs.

Now lock this thread, because it seems a lot of people here seem to find these threads as an opportunity to repeat talking points they heard on Sportscenter and Inside the NBA and outright pile on with blanket statements about Knicks fans. I don't get it, but it's getting pretty damn old.

Real Knick fans (or at the least real S&Ters) don't make threads like this unless they're trolling, oblivious or just dumb and asking for it.

A real question would've been, How can the Knicks become contenders?, but that's inviting trolling all the same.

Really, someone lock this.

Short answer, because a majority of Knicks fans are unbearable and delusional.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

indifferent.gif

Lin is almost definitely done for the year, and the lack of word on Amar'e says there's still a decent chance he is too.
The year. Not some games in the middle of the season. The season's end and the playoffs.

Who cares what games they're about to miss. I'm talking about games that have been missed, and the Bulls kept trucking along like it ain't no thing. Yeah, the Knicks are in a tough spot with season-ending injuries, and you can point to that as to why they're probably not going to get past the first round. But the fact of the matter is they weren't beating the Bulls or the Heat in the first round anyway.

They're actually 10-3 under Woody, with impressive W's over Philly Indy and Orlando

Melo, as expected, has looked much better now that he's back in an offense built around his strengths

And they've been extremely solid defensively.

Look out for them next season when STAT drops all that extra muscle and (hopefully for NY) looks like his old self

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Who cares what games they're about to miss. I'm talking about games that have been missed, and the Bulls kept trucking along like it ain't no thing. Yeah, the Knicks are in a tough spot with season-ending injuries, and you can point to that as to why they're probably not going to get past the first round. But the fact of the matter is they weren't beating the Bulls or the Heat in the first round anyway.
And you don't understand how that argument is ignorant?

The Bulls had the best defense in the league last year (which was even better with Rose off the floor) and made it to the conference finals.

The Knicks got swept out of the first round and only kept 6 players (3 starters) from that team.

Really? You don't get how their team could keep trucking with Thibodeau and that bench in place, but the Knicks would be in a spot with all of our injuries and D'antoni? You didn't bother to read the thread title? You think it matters that we're not beating the Bulls or Heat, when I'm talking about winning the division and getting the 4th seed? But whatever, losing those guys now or earlier, same difference, right?

I don't know what to say....Oh no....Jokes on us.
Chicago did without their star, why can't we?
eyes.gif

Oh and sidenote...pay Thibs...ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom