4/25 WWE Extreme Rules PPV - Cena vs Batista, Orton vs Sheamus, Edge vs Jericho (p15)

Originally Posted by iLL I AM

Originally Posted by MR23MJ

WWE.com has announced that it has released the following talents:

-Mickie James

-Shelton Benjamin

-Kung Fu Naki

-Jimmy Wang Yang

-Slam Master J

-Katie Lea Burchill

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/superstarsreleased
WELL DAMN!

This is the big roster cut everyone was waiting for. Always happens before the draft.

Biggest names are obviously Mickie James and Shelton Benjamin...with Mickie James, you knew they would eventually part ways. Crazy how she was the biggest "star" out of all the divas post-Lita/Trish era and she's getting released. WWE don't give a +!+#.

Benjamin
tired.gif
...I know people are not gonna be happy but a lot of it falls on his shoulders. That's why I said Sheamus is the anti-Shelton Benjamin a few days ago.

TNA about to stuff their roster once again.

INDEEEEEEEEED!

DCAllAmerican wrote:

Is it at least one of these each week?

Damn I didn't know my man Shoichi FUnaki was still around. Let that man go bck home. He has been a slave long enough

LOL, Kung Funaki is actually living big in Texas married to an American woman, and actually speaks fluent english. I think he's really close to HBK, not sure. Hes going to make money with international bookings, if decides not to hang it up. 

mickey james tweets

Thank you James Gang! I just want to say its been a beautiful journey... Wwe has been a childhood dream come true & I have loved every step... There is not a moment I would change for the world... It breaks my heart but the world doesn't stop turning.. I'm grateful for all my friends, family, loved ones, and fans who have supported me along this wonderful ride. To all the guys and gals I've had the pleasure of sharing the ring with... We made some magic! History... Memories to last a lifetime... Thank you... I love you all with all my heart! Every chapter has its close... The next one Is only gonna get better... I promise you that! =) One truly never knows what tomorrow may hold... That's why we embrace every moment... In love & joy! The James Gang Rides! Even stronger than before.... To Victory! Haha.... On ward & upward! Much Love.... Muah! JG4L...... MJ

reason she was released

She had been with the company since 2005, when she made her debut as a stalker of Trish Stratus. She’s had heat on her at various times throughout her WWE career and some people backstage in WWE felt that she had a a cocky attitude.

She also rubbed people the wrong way after making it clear she wasn’t happy to be drafted to SmackDown last year. Most recently, she was said to be partying pretty hard during WWE’s European tour and overslept on morning – holding up several of WWE’s tour buses.

The fact that she’s been working on a country music album outside of the auspices of WWE did not help her case either.

also

While Mickie James was the biggest fan favorite of WWE’s recently-released talent, it was Shelton Benjamin’s release that caused the biggest eyebrow raise. Often referred to as one of WWE’s most athletic performers, Benjamin brought a lot to the table and was only criticized for a lack of drive to get himself over as a character.

No longer needed in WWE, that athleticism could make its way to TNA. F4WOnline.com reports that there has already been talk of reuniting Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin as a tag team in Total Nonstop Action, presumably once Benjamin’s non-compete expires.

Jimmy Wang Yang tweeted the following:

"Three strikes and your out...I hear Florida is a nice place to visit.

laugh.gif

For the record I never saw the appeal of Mickie James. I didn't understand why they kept Katie after Burchell left. And Shelton.. I don't even want to say anything. You know he didn't care about no pro-wrestling
laugh.gif

I don't even want him in TNA. Wang on the other hand
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Originally Posted by CaptainCrown

WWE dropped the ball on Shelton big time. 
I'd disagree, WWE has tried to get Shelton to step it up to main event, but Shelton didn't see the need and was content with what he was getting paid.
Exactly.

What people don't know about Benjamin is he was viewed as too passive backstage. Always playing video games and not putting any extra effort officials wanted to see from him. He's just one of those guys who's fine with being in the spot he's in.
ohwell.gif

I imagine he got released because creative couldn't come up with anything interesting long-term for him. Benjamin would work best in a tag team or stable with someone else putting him over.

The whole Shelton coasting and getting paid theory is a joke.
It's not a theory, this is something that was well known.
laugh.gif

They even had him train a few of the FCW guys just to get him to step up to a leadership role...*shrugs*
Originally Posted by Lex Starks

The WWE released Mickie before she could leave to save face. She deserved better than how she was treated because of her slight weight gain.
I agree with you that she deserved better than that stupid angle but she was butting heads with management over other stuff too...

More on Mickie James getting released.

Regarding Mickie James' shocking release today from WWE, she was fired because she more than once on the European tour arrived late for the bus, holding up travel.

That was considered the straw that broke the camel's back dating back to her being disciplined by being sent to SmackDown! due to substandard performances and issues with her weight. They were also not happy with her music aspirations. Maria felt the same wrath with her release from WWE. WWE management doesn't take kindly to their talent doing outside projects while working a full-time WWE schedule.

According to a source, she had just beaten a bad staph infection and was lucky to return in time for Wrestlemania. Many felt she should have been more professional in her dealings with WWE.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

I don't even want him in TNA. Wang on the other hand
pimp.gif
No thanks, bro.

I'd disagree, WWE has tried to get Shelton to step it up to main event, but Shelton didn't see the need and was content with what he was getting paid. I'm just surprised Funaki survived this long
laugh.gif
But that's your boy! Funaki! Nooooo! Indeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed. 
frown.gif

My man Shelton can finally shine at TNA. I'm mad he didn't have any big spots in the MITB this year. I thought for sure he was gonna slingshot off the top rope when Swagger was grabbing the briefcase. It didn't happen.
smh.gif

I'd disagree, WWE has tried to get Shelton to step it up to main event, but Shelton didn't see the need and was content with what he was getting paid. I'm just surprised Funaki survived this long
laugh.gif
Nah, they missed the boat on him during his IC Title run. He had those big matches and that win streak against Evolution Triple H and HBK in the Gold Rush match. He was extremely over and should of been pushed to Main Event status. Instead, they gave him the MVP losing streak, the Momma storyline, the Gold Standard gimmick, and the flip flop of ECW/Smackdown brand switch.  They killed his character so many times, their was no way they could refreshen it. 
The whole Shelton coasting and getting paid theory is a joke. Dude had to watch lesser talents like Batista, Sheamus, Swagger, JBL, Great Khali, and to the extent Jeff Hardy get pushes, a few of those guys got them through the people they were close to (HHH) or when Vince was desperate.  

Imagine yourself working you %+% off at your job, your co-workers keep saying you are going to be a top executive one day, you got the qualifications, the aptitude, the leadership. The Board asked you to change some things before the promotion. You sit around, wait patiently, and watch new guys come in and get positions you dreamed of when you started, just because they got along better. 

I don't blame Shelton, you can motivate/push a guy for so long, but if your not holding up your end of the bargain. Then, why should I???

QFT

I'm not really surprised about any of them being released. The only reason they kept Shelton around was for him to do a spot in MITB every year and the writing was on the wall with Mickie.

I'm not really surprised about any of them being released. The only reason they kept Shelton around was for him to do a spot in MITB every year and the writing was on the wall with Mickie.

Mike Knox also released.

The following is from WWE.com:

Mike Knox released

WWE has come to terms on the release of Mike Knox as of today, April 22, 2010. We wish him the best in all future endeavors.

I don't know who's idea it was to make Knox this scary !%+ soft-speaking evil doctor...those promos had me
laugh.gif
x
smh.gif

Originally Posted by MoMoney848

I'm just surprised Funaki survived this long
laugh.gif
frown.gif
Yea, but nothing will top HBK leaving
frown.gif
...and to a lesser note Scott Steiner leaving TNA
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MoMoney848

I'm just surprised Funaki survived this long
laugh.gif
frown.gif
Yea, but nothing will top HBK leaving
frown.gif
...and to a lesser note Scott Steiner leaving TNA
laugh.gif

Low blow Nino... low blow. 
frown.gif

Side note: Mike Knox was still under contract? 
eek.gif

I seriously CANNOT believe they released Benjamin.
smh.gif

One of the best athletes and very consistent performer and a staple in MITB and some of its best moments.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I hope he makes it big somewhere else. He deserves it

Watching the iMPACT replay and RVDs theme has grown on me. If you listen to the bassline..it's pretty sweet.

And after getting my head right.. you guys are right. It's sad the way Shelton left the E. I gave props to Wang but not Shelton SMH. Benjamin could be so much more and Wang always hit his potential. I guess that's why I had a bad taste in my mouth about him but regardless of work ethic or not. Shelton was talented.

If he were to come back with Angle to TNA that would be epic. BTW I hope Kurt takes a good 90 days off. I really don't want him to die young. He definitely needs a good break.

Hopefully Shelton gets work done in TNA, then maybe a few years down the line, WWE will snatch him back up and let him actually win MITB.

Hopefully Shelton gets work done in TNA, then maybe a few years down the line, WWE will snatch him back up and let him actually win MITB.
Benjamin in the X Division with Kaz and Williams? Yes please.

Back
Top Bottom