5 Albums That Should Already Be Considered Classics

GRODT didn't change the game, but the way 50 promoted himself leading up to that album did.

This

GRODT didn't change anything.

But 50 did, he really had an incredible impact on where Hip hop is today. It's all in opinion of rather that's a good or a bad thing.

50 was definitely a good thing, who wasn't fckn with 50 back then?

i haven't heard anything past his second album/movie soundtrack (not sure which came first), wonder how his sht sounds nowadays... is dude still even making music?

i remember he was supposed to stop once kanye outsold him

And this makes the album bad? How many of his albums would have been regarded as "a satisfactory follow up to Reasonable Doubt"? Three of them? This is why I say Volume One is his most under rated album, people are quick to slander it for that reason.

Vol. 1 goes over peoples heads.............Not their fault................

Takes a certain type of thought to appreciate Vol.....1

And this makes the album bad? How many of his albums would have been regarded as "a satisfactory follow up to Reasonable Doubt"? Three of them? This is why I say Volume One is his most under rated album, people are quick to slander it for that reason.

I honestly wish most people heard his albums in the order I heard them in. I was a little kid back then so I didnt have easy access to rap music cause who would be buying it for me, my uncle and cousin had to hook me up. The first album I heard was Vol 2, then 3, then Dynasty, BP, Vol 1, and RD. Listening to RD last gave me a greater appreciation of it because of how much people were hyping it up, but at the same time it didnt skew my opinion of the other albums especially Vol 1 because I wasnt going into it with any predetermined expectations, those were actually directed towards RD

vol. 1 is jay-z sucking his own ****, posthumous cheap shot at 2pac, and fake badboy production

which pales in comparison to reasonable doubt. da way people USED TO look at it was written is da way i ALWAYS felt

about vol. 1

vol. 2 is what jay-z his props and respect.

Tried to keep this list fairly current, like from the 2000-2013.

Get Rich or Die Trying

College Dropout
Late Registration
Graduation
808's Heartbreaks

So Far Gone (mixtape)
Take Care

FutureSex LoveSounds

All I Want Is You
Kaleidoscope Dream

Food & Liquor
The Cool

Section 80
Good kid, mad city

Songs About Jane

Undun

Madvillany

Friday Night Lights (mixtape)

Below the Heavens

Last edited:
classic

and **** ALL YOU ****** for not even mentioning Mobb Deep's

Hell On Earth.... CERTIFIED classic.
Yes Yes Yes!

"Hit him while he man down make a ninja backspin"

"Extortion be the key I got the key to extortion"    
pimp.gif

My 5 albums that should be considered classic are:

Cypress Hill - Black Sunday
GangStarr- moment of truth
Big Pun- Capital Punishment
DMX - its dark and hell is hot
Black Star - Black Star

50 sitting Courtside at the laker game, sitting next to that tde dude who's always tgere
im pretty sure that was Top Dog himself, both watching Kobe body fail him...

classics
get rich....
college drop out
black album
good kid
purp haze

Last edited:
I respect dude, he's a boss, but man you got to stand up and take off your hat for the national anthem smh
View media item 363873
Then again, maybe he was figuring something out with 50, because I seen him gone for the first quarter and come back with 50

Crazy game tho

College Dropout
GKMC
Below The Heavens
Food & Liquor
The Listening

no order....

I agree with what was said before about GKMC not being Kendrick's best work, because O.D. is definitely his best. Section.80 being better is up in the air though I'll say the best songs on Section.80 are better than the best songs on GKMC but Section.80 has skips like No Make-Up, Chapter Ten (Not a real song I know), Tammy's Song (I liked it at first but now it's like...c'mon son.). I say both should be considered classics anyway.

Can Ambition be mentioned? Does anyone on NT even like Wale? I also want to bring two other albums into the mix with Live From the Underground and 1999 (If you consider it an album. I think it was just a tape)

Stopped myself from bringing mixtapes into this discussion.. Or else this thread would be a lot longer lol

Still think gkmc is his best project..
Everyone has their own opinion, just dont deny gkmc as a classic lol
OD vs S.80 is a tough one.. Might pick OD but 3 of my fav kendrick songs are from S.80 (hold up, blow my high, rigamortis)
I don't really consider digital releases as albums but that's just me

I thought 1999 was a mixtape too.. But man.. That kid is too nice. Still bumpin it

Back
Top Bottom