5 Albums That Should Already Be Considered Classics

Couple more albums I believe are classics are

Mecca & The Soul Brother

Pink Floyd- Animals. I say this because The Wall and Dark Side of the moon overshadow it.

Hell on Earth.

The Documentary
College Dropout
GRODT
idk what else really

As a huge Kendrick fan I don't think GKMC is a classic. Out of 12 tracks (not counting bonus), 2 I always skip (real and compton), and 3 really average (Intro, backseat, good kid). And this is still early, how good will it sound 5 years from now? 10? I actually still listen to OD more

Whereas documentary only has 1 or 2 skips but is an 18 track album. GRODT has no skips for me. College Dropout one skip.

I thin GKMC is a classic and way better than any of the albums you mentioned. Also a classic doesn't have to be perfect all the way through.

Chronic 2001

Project Pat Mista Don't Play

Supreme Clientele

3 6 Mafia When the Smoke Clears

Jay Z Blueprint 1

Jeezy Thug Motivation 101

Nelly Country Grammer

DipSet Diplomatic Immunity

UGK Dirty Money

UGK Ridin Dirty

T.I Trap Muzik

Lupe Food & Liquor

Boosie and Webbie Gangsta Muzik

Nas Stillmatic

Kendrick Good Kid Maad City

Late Registration

Last edited:
The Documentary
College Dropout
GRODT
idk what else really

As a huge Kendrick fan I don't think GKMC is a classic. Out of 12 tracks (not counting bonus), 2 I always skip (real and compton), and 3 really average (Intro, backseat, good kid). And this is still early, how good will it sound 5 years from now? 10? I actually still listen to OD more

Whereas documentary only has 1 or 2 skips but is an 18 track album. GRODT has no skips for me. College Dropout one skip.

I thin GKMC is a classic and way better than any of the albums you mentioned. Also a classic doesn't have to be perfect all the way through.

arguable, all those other arguments stood the test of time I would say

will GKMC have replay value in 2022? we'll have to wait and see

GRODT

Diplomatic Immunity

Although the skits annoy me, the musical aspect of College Dropout

Blueprint 1

I might be the minority, but Black Album to me has stood the test of time more than Reasonable Doubt. Reasonable Doubt didn't change rap, he just followed the current standard like Nas, Big, and Raekown. Great album to me, but not the best of it's generation.

Stillmatic

Marshal Mathers LP

I wanna say Be, Trap Music, and Thug Motivation, but I call all 3 really good albums, but not classic

GKMC hasn't even been out long enough to have longevity, so how can you call it a classic?...

I do believe there are rare occasions where there are "instant classics" and GKMC is one of them just like when I heard "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" and the "The Blueprint" I knew immediately they were classics.

Some will say that it has to stand the test of time and sure that is fair and I think that it will.

Like I said, it's been less than a year, but gkmc is an instant classic.

Money trees is the perfect place for shade and that's just how I feel

If I told you that a flower bloomed in a dark room would you trust it, I mean you need to hear this.. love is not just a verb

Look inside of my soul and you can find gold and maybe get rich.. Look inside of your soul and you can find out it never exist

Hellyeah I'll be bumpin this in 2022

Section.80 was dope too, idk about classic, but it was a mixtape, doesn't fit in this discussion

Like I said, it's been less than a year, but gkmc is an instant classic.

Money trees is the perfect place for shade and that's just how I feel

If I told you that a flower bloomed in a dark room would you trust it, I mean you need to hear this.. love is not just a verb

Look inside of my soul and you can find gold and maybe get rich.. Look inside of your soul and you can find out it never exist

Hellyeah I'll be bumpin this in 2022

Section.80 was dope too, idk about classic, but it was a mixtape, doesn't fit in this discussion

Section.80 is an album.

GKMC hasn't even been out long enough to have longevity, so how can you call it a classic?...
I do believe there are rare occasions where there are "instant classics" and GKMC is one of them just like when I heard "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" and the "The Blueprint" I knew immediately they were classics.

Some will say that it has to stand the test of time and sure that is fair and I think that it will.
What constitutes an "instant" classic?  I think we can agree a "classic" is an album that still has the same replay value it did when it dropped, which is essentially longevity.  I don't know how you can classify an "instant" classic.  I definitely think this album will be considered a classic a few years from now, but I think people are so hyped up on Kendrick Lamar that he can drop anything and dudes will automatically throw out "classic..."

What constitutes an "instant" classic?  I think we can agree a "classic" is an album that still has the same replay value it did when it dropped, which is essentially longevity.  I don't know how you can classify an "instant" classic.  I definitely think this album will be considered a classic a few years from now, but I think people are so hyped up on Kendrick Lamar that he can drop anything and dudes will automatically throw out "classic..."

If I can listen to something and know its instantly trash then why can I not know something is instantly classic?!

As I stated it is a rare occurrence but there are instant classics.

Back
Top Bottom