T.I Trap Muzik

Lupe Food & Liquor

Boosie and Webbie Gangsta Muzik

Nas Stillmatic

Kendrick Good Kid Maad City

Late Registration
Mista dont play!

You win

The Recession: Young Jeezy.... I can listen to every song without wanting to skip a track.

That Album is a perfect tone for what has been going on in this Era, Sooooooooooo underated, If i'm taking one dipset album tho its going to Diplomatic Immunity..... Like my ***** i remember exactly what i was doing when i first heard i really mean it. :smh:

This is an album in my eyes so...

216.jpg

What constitutes an "instant" classic?  I think we can agree a "classic" is an album that still has the same replay value it did when it dropped, which is essentially longevity.  I don't know how you can classify an "instant" classic.  I definitely think this album will be considered a classic a few years from now, but I think people are so hyped up on Kendrick Lamar that he can drop anything and dudes will automatically throw out "classic..."
If I can listen to something and know its instantly trash then why can I not know something is instantly classic?!

As I stated it is a rare occurrence but there are instant classics.
It's just preference.  I mean, how many times have you thought a song was "instant" trash and then you listen to it a few more times and start to like it?...

Are there still people who don't consider GRODT a classic. Even if you don't like it you have to understand the impact and magnitude of that album and what it did for the entire Hip-Hop world and how it changed the game. It's funny to me how people are saying it should be a classic like it already isn't.

Thanks to this thread, I'm going to listen to Below The Heavens and Madvillainy.

My contributions are:

-Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth - The Main Ingredient
-Mos Def - Black on Both Sides
-AZ - Doe or Die
-Capone and Norega - The War Report
-Blackstar - Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Blackstar

Edit: didn't realize this was a thread about newer classics lol.. Those two can stay I guess

Last edited:
It's just preference.  I mean, how many times have you thought a song was "instant" trash and then you listen to it a few more times and start to like it?...
i'm all about people having their own preferences. like what you like.

but anybody denying gkmc needs to stop listening to hip-hop.

if somebody is stupid enough to not like illmatic, is that person going to say it wasn't a classic?

it's going to change the way people make albums.

not only the lyrical content, the way he used his skits/tracks to tell a story not within each song but with the album as a whole..

i love yeezy but his skits? broke phi broke? did that have any value?

most dudes albums are all over the place, this one tells a story

when i first heard kendrick a few years ago, i thought he was dope, but i didn't think the mainstream would accept him..

but now he just headlined paid dues off his instant classic album

Are there still people who don't consider GRODT a classic. Even if you don't like it you have to understand the impact and magnitude of that album and what it did for the entire Hip-Hop world and how it changed the game. It's funny to me how people are saying it should be a classic like it already isn't.
I don't see how that album changed the game,  what he was rapping about on that album wasn't no different than Pac,Jay,Biggie,& Snoop had already did

Last edited:

I don't see how that album changed the game,  what he was rapping on that album wasn't no different than Pac,Jay,Biggie,& Snoop had already did

i'm all about people having their own preferences. like what you like.

but anybody denying gkmc needs to stop listening to hip-hop.

if somebody is stupid enough to not like illmatic, is that person going to say it wasn't a classic?

it's going to change the way people make albums.

not only the lyrical content, the way he used his skits/tracks to tell a story not within each song but with the album as a whole..
Huh, I never thought about it like that...

cPvou.gif

camron.gif

Dude just made a good album, get over it...

Last edited:
"The blueprint"
"It's dark and hell is hot"
"The Eminem show"
"Food and liquor"
"Late Registration"
"Tha Carter"

Classics are timeless music that you can still play 20yrs down the road not sure as to what some of you are listing :lol:

Illmatic

2014 is going to be 20 years since it dropped I believe and it still can't be touched.

It sounds better than anything that came out in the last 10 years.

But this thread is about new classics so I'm going with Scarface "The Fix".

Illmatic

2014 is going to be 20 years since it dropped I believe and it still can't be touched.

It sounds better than anything that came out in the last 10 years.

But this thread is about new classics so I'm going with Scarface "The Fix".

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

"The Fix" is a classic no question so is "the Untouchable"

Back
Top Bottom