56 MPG mandate by 2025 = SCRAPPED BY current EPA

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

laugh.gif

keep dodging questions my black friend

still no bite?
Ninjahood keeps saying that the United States government is forcing electric cars down our throats.  Yet, the sales of fuel efficient cars are greater than the sales of gas guzzlers.

So answer the question,  what kind of cars do Americans want and buy the most?  You've been dodging this question over and over again for several pages already.

Stop trying to force your facts down the poor mans throat. Don't you see that he has his worldview and your simple facts will never get in the way?

laugh.gif

still no bite?
Ninjahood keeps saying that the United States government is forcing electric cars down our throats.  Yet, the sales of fuel efficient cars are greater than the sales of gas guzzlers.

So answer the question,  what kind of cars do Americans want and buy the most?  You've been dodging this question over and over again for several pages already.

Stop trying to force your facts down the poor mans throat. Don't you see that he has his worldview and your simple facts will never get in the way?

laugh.gif

still no bite?

Since when? 2011 due to the high gas prices?  
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/29/AR2010122904445.html

By Peter Whoriskey
Washington Post Staff Writer 
Wednesday, December 29, 2010; 10:01 PM
Leading the growth were sales of midsize sport-utility vehicles, which jumped 41 percent through the first 11 months of the year, led by vehicles such as the Jeep Grand Cherokee and the Honda Pilot, each of which get about 18 miles per gallon.

Sales of small cars, by contrast, remained flat despite otherwise surging demand for automobiles. Sales of the Toyota Corolla and the Honda Civic declined, and even the fuel-sipping Toyota Prius, the hybrid darling of the eco-conscious, dropped 1.7 percent.

"You have about 5 percent of the market that is green and committed to fuel efficiency," said Mike Jackson, the chief executive of AutoNation, the largest auto retailer in the country. "But the other 95 percent will give up an extra 5 mpg in fuel economy for a better cup holder."

laugh.gif

still no bite?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/29/AR2010122904445.html

By Peter Whoriskey
Leading the growth were sales of midsize sport-utility vehicles, which jumped 41 percent through the first 11 months of the year, led by vehicles such as the Jeep Grand Cherokee and the Honda Pilot, each of which get about 18 miles per gallon.

Sales of small cars, by contrast, remained flat despite otherwise surging demand for automobiles. Sales of the Toyota Corolla and the Honda Civic declined, and even the fuel-sipping Toyota Prius, the hybrid darling of the eco-conscious, dropped 1.7 percent.

"You have about 5 percent of the market that is green and committed to fuel efficiency," said Mike Jackson, the chief executive of AutoNation, the largest auto retailer in the country. "But the other 95 percent will give up an extra 5 mpg in fuel economy for a better cup holder."

So ninjahood, now that I've posted the top 10 selling cars in America with the fuel efficient cars outselling the gas guzzlers , what kind of cars do Americans want and buy the most?
laugh.gif

still no bite?

This is the point I was attempting to make. Ninjahood says the government is taking away our freedom of choice AND that the market should dictate change, not the folks in Washington.

BUT, that's exactly what's happening right now. People are CHOOSING to purchase smaller, fuel-efficient autos over the muscle cars we ALL like. Like it was said already, the purchase of
crossover vehicles (Honda Fit, Toyota Yaris) is outselling gas-guzzlers. The people have changed the market climate with their purchases and the government is responding.

IF you want something to be upset about, be upset about gas prices. If they were lower, obviously more people would buy that SRT8 Challenger over the Honda Fit. I know I would.

Here are car sales in the United States for July....

Aside from the top selling pickup trucks (it should be noted that trucks are used extensively in commercial operations), what you have on that list is midsize to small vehicles, crossover mini SUV's.

So ninjahood, now that I've posted the top 10 selling cars in America with the fuel efficient cars outselling the gas guzzlers , what kind of cars do Americans want and buy the most?
laugh.gif

still no bite?

This is the point I was attempting to make. Ninjahood says the government is taking away our freedom of choice AND that the market should dictate change, not the folks in Washington.

BUT, that's exactly what's happening right now. People are CHOOSING to purchase smaller, fuel-efficient autos over the muscle cars we ALL like. Like it was said already, the purchase of
crossover vehicles (Honda Fit, Toyota Yaris) is outselling gas-guzzlers. The people have changed the market climate with their purchases and the government is responding.

IF you want something to be upset about, be upset about gas prices. If they were lower, obviously more people would buy that SRT8 Challenger over the Honda Fit. I know I would.

Aside from the top selling pickup trucks (it should be noted that trucks are used extensively in commercial operations), what you have on that list is midsize to small vehicles, crossover mini SUV's.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

still no bite?

By Peter Whoriskey

Here are the Top 10 selling cars in the US in 2010.  I posted this on page 5 when Ninjahood claimed that the US GOVT is forcing the electric car down our throats.  He said that because the Ford F-Series is the #1 selling car in America, that means American's don't want fuel efficient cars.  I then posted the Top 10 selling cars which gives us a much more accurate depiction of what kinds of cars Americans want and buy.  He has so far ignored these facts and has continued to claim that Americans don't want fuel efficient cars and the US GOVT is forcing electric cars down our throats.

Total of gas guzzlers= 1098313
Total gas fuel efficient cars = 1817681

http://www.chicagotribune...s,0,4506344.photogallery

highlight the chart if numbers don't show up

[table][tr][td]1. Ford F-Series (528,349 +27.7%)[/td] [td]6. Honda Civic (260,218 +0.8%)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2. Chevrolet Silverado  (370,135 +16.9%)[/td] [td]7. Nissan Altima (229,263 +12.6%)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3. Toyota Camry (327,804 -7.5%)[/td] [td]8. Ford Fusion (219,219 +21.3%)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4. Honda Accord (311,381 +8.1%)[/td] [td]9. Honda CR-V (203,714 +7.2%)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5. Toyota Corolla (266,082 -9.8%)[/td] [td]10. Dodge Ram (199,652 +13%)[/td][/tr][/table]

still no bite?

By Peter Whoriskey

Here are the Top 10 selling cars in the US in 2010.  I posted this on page 5 when Ninjahood claimed that the US GOVT is forcing the electric car down our throats.  He said that because the Ford F-Series is the #1 selling car in America, that means American's don't want fuel efficient cars.  I then posted the Top 10 selling cars which gives us a much more accurate depiction of what kinds of cars Americans want and buy.  He has so far ignored these facts and has continued to claim that Americans don't want fuel efficient cars and the US GOVT is forcing electric cars down our throats.

[table][tr][td]1. Ford F-Series (528,349 +27.7%)[/td] [td]6. Honda Civic (260,218 +0.8%)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2. Chevrolet Silverado  (370,135 +16.9%)[/td] [td]7. Nissan Altima (229,263 +12.6%)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3. Toyota Camry (327,804 -7.5%)[/td] [td]8. Ford Fusion (219,219 +21.3%)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4. Honda Accord (311,381 +8.1%)[/td] [td]9. Honda CR-V (203,714 +7.2%)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5. Toyota Corolla (266,082 -9.8%)[/td] [td]10. Dodge Ram (199,652 +13%)[/td][/tr][/table]

laugh.gif

still no bite?

But what if that's their tactic to get us to think we're making the right decisions though? Instead of forcing us, they'll jack up gas prices and let us decide for ourselves, but then again either we just don't want to buy those types of cars or we can't afford them and maybe they're not seeing the numbers they want so they're doing this to us..

laugh.gif

still no bite?

But what if that's their tactic to get us to think we're making the right decisions though? Instead of forcing us, they'll jack up gas prices and let us decide for ourselves, but then again either we just don't want to buy those types of cars or we can't afford them and maybe they're not seeing the numbers they want so they're doing this to us..

I guess I mistook what you said about fuel efficient vehicles.  Fuel efficient to me is an electric/hybrid vehicle like a Pruis or Focus that gets very high MPH.  I had a 2002 accord v6 coupe and that sucker wasn't fuel efficient. 
edit... but then I checked out your link and the first line says the following about 2010.  So wouldn't that be an indication that Americans are in general starting to buy trucks and SUVs again now that the recession is partially over? 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/class...p10-best-selling-cars,0,4506344.photogallery?
http://www.chicagotribune.com/class...p10-best-selling-cars,0,4506344.photogallery?
http://www.chicagotribune.com/class...p10-best-selling-cars,0,4506344.photogallery?http://www.chicagotribune.com/class...p10-best-selling-cars,0,4506344.photogallery?

[h1]Best-selling cars of 2010[/h1]
Trucks and SUVs were back in the driver's seat for 2010. The Toyota Corolla and Camry were the only two cars on the list to see sales decline in what was an otherwise booming 2010. The Chevy Silverado did well enough to retake its No. 2 spot from the Camry.    

I guess I mistook what you said about fuel efficient vehicles.  Fuel efficient to me is an electric/hybrid vehicle like a Pruis or Focus that gets very high MPH.  I had a 2002 accord v6 coupe and that sucker wasn't fuel efficient. 
edit... but then I checked out your link and the first line says the following about 2010.  So wouldn't that be an indication that Americans are in general starting to buy trucks and SUVs again now that the recession is partially over? 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/class...p10-best-selling-cars,0,4506344.photogallery?http://www.chicagotribune.com/class...p10-best-selling-cars,0,4506344.photogallery?

Trucks and SUVs were back in the driver's seat for 2010. The Toyota Corolla and Camry were the only two cars on the list to see sales decline in what was an otherwise booming 2010. The Chevy Silverado did well enough to retake its No. 2 spot from the Camry.    

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Why should the taxpayer subsidize this habit like they're doing now?�

People who drive cars with good mileage are subsidizing those who don't.�
are you aware that da government is handing out vouchers with every hybrid car purchase? sounds like da subsidization is working da other way around chief.

cheap petro can and will be continue to be cheap because

A. we can depend on our own resources and not just be at da mercy of opec.

b. point to me da politician brave enough to tax gas so high that it will no doubt be passed along to da consumer in a myriad of ways (food transport, commodities, clothing, services)

and contrary to popular belief da UAW is 100% backing what im saying because they know it'll kill jobs...jobs they need to continue to operate their unions.

�
First, energy costs are�already�passed to�the�consumer as much as they can be. Just like any input cost. That's economics 101.
Second. You clearly don't understand how petrol is extracted. Not all petroleum is�created�the same. Some is more expensive to extract than others. The light crude that is closer to the surface and cheaper to extract is being�depleted�at a rapid rate. That is a fact. If we went to a fully�domestic oil consumption model ( we can't but lets say we could), the price of oil would only�increase. We don't have much light crude left in the US.�What�we have tons of is shale oil and that's currently very expensive and tedious to extract relative to the oil that we import. Foreign oil is cheaper. That's why we use it.�

Fuel efficient cars are being subsidized but for how many years now? Cheap oil has been subsidized by the US government for decades now. It used to be that foreign oil was a net benefit by a huge margin but that's not the case for the last few decades. Consumption of large amounts of foreign crude is not worth it anymore. The paradigm has changed. There are too many costs associated with such a large dependence. The general populacedoesn't see this because they're not privy to what's going in behind the scenes. They don't see or realize all of the added costs' wars, subsidies, foreign policy, taxes, etc. The price of oil is not just what it costs at the pump. It's at least double that in real terms.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Why should the taxpayer subsidize this habit like they're doing now?�

People who drive cars with good mileage are subsidizing those who don't.�
are you aware that da government is handing out vouchers with every hybrid car purchase? sounds like da subsidization is working da other way around chief.

cheap petro can and will be continue to be cheap because

A. we can depend on our own resources and not just be at da mercy of opec.

b. point to me da politician brave enough to tax gas so high that it will no doubt be passed along to da consumer in a myriad of ways (food transport, commodities, clothing, services)

and contrary to popular belief da UAW is 100% backing what im saying because they know it'll kill jobs...jobs they need to continue to operate their unions.

�
First, energy costs are�already�passed to�the�consumer as much as they can be. Just like any input cost. That's economics 101.
Second. You clearly don't understand how petrol is extracted. Not all petroleum is�created�the same. Some is more expensive to extract than others. The light crude that is closer to the surface and cheaper to extract is being�depleted�at a rapid rate. That is a fact. If we went to a fully�domestic oil consumption model ( we can't but lets say we could), the price of oil would only�increase. We don't have much light crude left in the US.�What�we have tons of is shale oil and that's currently very expensive and tedious to extract relative to the oil that we import. Foreign oil is cheaper. That's why we use it.�

Fuel efficient cars are being subsidized but for how many years now? Cheap oil has been subsidized by the US government for decades now. It used to be that foreign oil was a net benefit by a huge margin but that's not the case for the last few decades. Consumption of large amounts of foreign crude is not worth it anymore. The paradigm has changed. There are too many costs associated with such a large dependence. The general populacedoesn't see this because they're not privy to what's going in behind the scenes. They don't see or realize all of the added costs' wars, subsidies, foreign policy, taxes, etc. The price of oil is not just what it costs at the pump. It's at least double that in real terms.

Originally Posted by AG 47

still no bite?

Ok & I have NO problems ppl voting with their wallets, that's actually ALOT more effective then da government TELLIN car companies & consumersWhat they can make & watch they can buy, which plays into my MAIN point. We're in recession now so I aibt surprised that da majority of commonFolks are coppin smaller whips, but for cats thay want their v8, suvs, performance etc. Da government shouldn't FORCE em to stop makin em with Bureaucracy & BS.

Originally Posted by AG 47

still no bite?

Ok & I have NO problems ppl voting with their wallets, that's actually ALOT more effective then da government TELLIN car companies & consumersWhat they can make & watch they can buy, which plays into my MAIN point. We're in recession now so I aibt surprised that da majority of commonFolks are coppin smaller whips, but for cats thay want their v8, suvs, performance etc. Da government shouldn't FORCE em to stop makin em with Bureaucracy & BS.

See what I'm talkin About? Lol soon as thia recession is over america coppin da biggest trucks they can find : lol
pimp.gif
GOVERNMENT can stay away from this, let da MARKET dictate what Americans wanna drive, da crazy wild left wingers want PERMANENT legislation thatWould make it impossible for car makers to continue to create da vehicles we wanna drive.

See what I'm talkin About? Lol soon as thia recession is over america coppin da biggest trucks they can find : lol
pimp.gif
GOVERNMENT can stay away from this, let da MARKET dictate what Americans wanna drive, da crazy wild left wingers want PERMANENT legislation thatWould make it impossible for car makers to continue to create da vehicles we wanna drive.

A person who is in his mid-twentites without a car in a city that doesn't need one basing his political allegiance on the fact that 56 mpg might inhibit him from one day purchasing the luxury vehicle that he will never actually obtain due to the financial restrictions that he is furthering upon himself is why I have no faith in humanity.

A person who is in his mid-twentites without a car in a city that doesn't need one basing his political allegiance on the fact that 56 mpg might inhibit him from one day purchasing the luxury vehicle that he will never actually obtain due to the financial restrictions that he is furthering upon himself is why I have no faith in humanity.

when the next generation of transportation arrives, all these cars are gonna be in the smithsonian or hooked up to lawnmowers to make cutting the grass stylish lol
On the real tho. The government is slowly opening the doors to let the future come on in. It's jus gonna be a rocky transition pulling that nipple out of big oil's mouth. 

when the next generation of transportation arrives, all these cars are gonna be in the smithsonian or hooked up to lawnmowers to make cutting the grass stylish lol
On the real tho. The government is slowly opening the doors to let the future come on in. It's jus gonna be a rocky transition pulling that nipple out of big oil's mouth. 

If you forgot already, Toyota had a massive recall that most certainly negatively affected its sales.  The Ford F-series has been a best seller for several years now, but again, most of the top ten cars sold are fuel efficient cars. 

But If I am getting this correctly,  you and ninjahood are asserting that the economy has improved under the Obama Administration, correct?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom