56 year old Detroit man walks about 21 miles per day to get to work...

What's the difference between what you 'believe' and decide to donate to and what others decide to believe and donate to?

Stop being a hypocrite :rolleyes

None, I was an idiot for falling for that Kony crap...however the lie was a bit more elaborate than this fugazi story you defending....I mean THINK ABOUT and really ask yourself if it makes ANY sense

Pretty sure this is a scam/hustle, walking damn near two marathons a day? I don't believe it.

And sleeping two hours a day, 5 days a week, working 8 hours a day on second shift. The body can't recover that fast at his age. And it's winter right now, so you know it's takes his body a little longer to recover and respond.

crazy part is I think someone is usually him to fund their scam. Won't be surprised if he doesn't even see dime.

worst part of the kony scam was that everyone forgot about all the problems in africa just because the guys who made the videos were a joke

sad how out of the millions of people who "cared" no one tried to form a real charity to actually solve the problem 

:lol: at feeling sorry for another silly american who does not know how to save money pls

like I've said greatest hustle story of 2015

worst part of the kony scam was that everyone forgot about all the problems in africa just because the guys who made the videos were a joke

sad how out of the millions of people who "cared" no one tried to form a real charity to actually solve the problem 

This goes for every big story in the world people only care when it's hot once it passes they are on to the next thing.

laugh.gif
at feeling sorry for another silly american who does not know how to save money pls

like I've said greatest hustle story of 2015
How do you save money making minimum wage?
by walking to work 

And sleeping two hours a day, 5 days a week, working 8 hours a day on second shift. The body can't recover that fast at his age. And it's winter right now, so you know it's takes his body a little longer to recover and respond.

crazy part is I think someone is usually him to fund their scam. Won't be surprised if he doesn't even see dime.

In this cold, at his age, son would be in the hospital with a pneumonia by now....not only that, in Detroit walking around at 4am in the morning, everyday and still alive and happy doing so...lmao

WUT?

Thought Detroit was full of goons

Get this man on Stan Lee's Superhuman TV show, the streets need to know if he is really doing all this walking everyday.
This man is burning an average of 4200 calories just from his walking commute per day. How much is he eating everyday?

Find me thing for a "real" kony type donation :nerd:

This man is burning an average of 4200 calories just from his walking commute per day. How much is he eating everyday?

Then after his marathon walk on 2 hours of sleep, the man works a full 8 hour shift...
:wow:

Get that man on the next Fast And Furious movie.

Is the man married or has kids? Like what does his family think about this. I know I would never let my dad live like this, this is beyond suffering and sad. If he doesn't have family even worse. When does he have energy to even fap?

Yeah this story is ...i dunno...something feels off about it.

The walking part I completely understand. That, while exhausting, is doable. Humans can do pretty amazing stuff. I cant get over the two hours of sleep though. That doesnt seem possible.

Brother Mouzone and I read the Atlantic. There is a pretty thorough article about the guy and the transportation system in his community.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/02/james-robertson-detroit-daily-commute/385098/

Short version is that he makes very little money and he cannot afford to move or to get any kind of a decent car. He lives in the City of the Detroit and his workplace is two towns over in the suburbs. The city of Detroit has public transportation and so does the town in which he works. The biggest problem is that he has to walk through the town that sits in between where he lives and where he works.

That town has no public transportation and the reason is because voters decided not to participate in the regional mass transit system. The official reason why the voters rejected the plan was because they did not want to pay higher taxes but many believe that they rejected mass transit so as to make it very difficult for black people from adjacent Detroit to get there.

Poor people increasingly live and/or work in the suburbs. We do not have a very good system of dealing with problems on a metro area level. Big city, State and in some places county governments, may have problems but they are cohesive governing unit. Poverty and lack of transportation and outright predatory law enforcement are all very hard problems to manage at these multi-city and multi-county levels.

Last edited:
Yeah this story is ...i dunno...something feels off about it.

The walking part I completely understand. That, while exhausting, is doable. Humans can do pretty amazing stuff. I cant get over the two hours of sleep though. That doesnt seem possible.
I can't get over him not using a bike, you can get them on Craigslist for free at times. A bike would cut his commute in half, this story just doesn't make sense. Even people in the world's poorest nations have bicycles to ride.

took me 1 minute to find a detroit craigslist post for a 50 dollar adult bike, probably could have gotten something cheaper if i actually spent time looking

took me 1 minute to find a detroit craigslist post for a 50 dollar adult bike, probably could have gotten something cheaper if i actually spent time looking

Nah Dawg, they have successfully funded a G Wagon at this point, well on their way to the Aventador :pimp:

how he getting the bike on the bus that he takes in the middle of commute? or should he just skip the bus and ride those extra two miles? lock it to a post and walk the other 12 miles?

money is cool, but they should help my dude get a better job. that'd be a real 'good look'

give a man a fish, teach a man to fish.

Nah Dawg, they have successfully funded a G Wagon at this point, well on their way to the Aventador
pimp.gif
if we share this story enough he will be able to take a helicopter to work every day 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom