6 months for profanity in Court..(vid)

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

Originally Posted by MvP07

man that is just ******ed, 6 month? like 6 month? that is half a year.
smh.gif

it is his courtroom.
what the hell do you mean that is his courtroom, his job like he said is to " seattle disputes" not throw away somebody's life away due to some minor BS.

see i'm unclear if there was a misunderstanding of my post or if you were trying to refute what i was saying. if your point is the judge could have let the curse word go, and he was just pushing his weight around, then i see where you are coming from. but at the end of the day, it is the judge's courtroom.

i've never studied law, and i only pay so much attention to the law and order shows, but i thought the presiding judge has the last say on everything in the courtroom. every courtroom has it's rule of contempt that's up to the discretion of the judge to exercise or let slide. hell, i thought that was one of the perks of being elected.

sick.gif
talking about perks. Dude threw 6 months of that guys life away forsaying this is bull****. get outa here with your texan backwards logic

I didn't even have to look at the vid and I suspected it was probably in Texas. One of the most racist judicialsystems in the country...

Originally Posted by ceelo4

smh.gif

it is his courtroom.

what the hell do you mean that is his courtroom, his job like he said is to " seattle disputes" not throw away somebody's life away due to some minor BS.
Go to school and maybe you will understand. Criminals fail to realise that once they are caught they have no jurisdiction and all their sovereignty is taken away.
wink.gif

But he can tell people to shutup. judge was an ahole you can tell.

EDIT: when they bring stripes bac
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

does anyone know what they were being charged for though?

it's easy to make a snap judgement based off a small snippet

Originally Posted by ceelo4

smh.gif

it is his courtroom.

Go to school and maybe you will understand. Criminals fail to realise that once they are caught they have no jurisdiction and all their sovereignty is taken away.
dude is right, ameriKKKa at its finest and im half white if it matters.

our injustice system is a joke and you got judges who abuse their power and will throw the book at you based on if they interpret that you look at them thewrong way or if you rub them off the wrong way. for the most part all the crooked courts want is your money but once they get you in their system regardless ifyour guilty or not, you are at their mercy until everything is over. stuff like this is why as soon as i complete my probation and my anger management classesim never stepping foot in a courtroom again.

Originally Posted by repinqueens

smh.gif

it is his courtroom.

see i'm unclear if there was a misunderstanding of my post or if you were trying to refute what i was saying. if your point is the judge could have let the curse word go, and he was just pushing his weight around, then i see where you are coming from. but at the end of the day, it is the judge's courtroom.

i've never studied law, and i only pay so much attention to the law and order shows, but i thought the presiding judge has the last say on everything in the courtroom. every courtroom has it's rule of contempt that's up to the discretion of the judge to exercise or let slide. hell, i thought that was one of the perks of being elected.

sick.gif
talking about perks. Dude threw 6 months of that guys life away for saying this is bull****. get outa here with your texan backwards logic

i better pick my face up off the ground, cause you told me off. here, i'll dumb it down for you. i don't agree with the adding of 6 months for sayingwhatever dude said, but i do understand people can't just speak their mind in court anytime they feel like it. you still don't get it, PM me.

You all obviously weren't paying attention. The judge told the court clerk that the 6 months were "consecutive to anything else..." So they areobviously being sentenced for some larger crime. One wouldn't be before that type of court for swearing.

And, there is no First Amendment protection for fighting words, like telling a judge "this is bullsh__"

I would also like to know that and how the case was going.....if the defendants kept making outbursts then yeah he deserves it, its his lawyers job to presenthis case. It's not the defendants obligation to say anything unless asked.

Also I am not saying it was a good call, 6 months is a long time for saying BS. But its a judge, they trip on their positions all the time, thats why mostpeople act ultra respectful in court.

I think that was bogus, but really it probably won't even matter.

I'm not sure what I heard verbatim but I'd bet that they are probably going to be sentenced a lot longer than 6 months for the original crime, so the 6months will just run concurrent.

If that is the case, it was just the judges way of flexing his muscles.

first amendment doesn't really apply here.

people should know that when they step into the courtroom, they need to behave themselves or else risk the wrath of the judge. while i'm not sayingit's fair (because 6 months for swearing is definitely not fair), i'm saying people should know how to conduct themselves wherever they are. commonsense right?

^^I see what your saying, like you can't just bring a gun into the courtroom. (2nd Amendment right to bear arms)
but dude was just expressing how he felt.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

does anyone know what they were being charged for though?

it's easy to make a snap judgement based off a small snippet
Exactly, some idiot on the first page was talking about how murders going free and this poor man is getting 6 months for cursing but ignores thefact that he's already there
laugh.gif
like him cursing was the cause of himbeing there.

6 months is a bit much. But hey, people gotta learn how to act. Unfortunately he acted out at the wrong time.

Originally Posted by BMW 7 series

A white man wouldn't have gotten 6 months for that.
Shut up, The judge is an %+%, ok, but if id have said it was #%%@+@+! I would have got the same, If the judge was black and the convicted waswhite, you wouldnt be talking bout it, so get some sense before playing the race-card.

Originally Posted by RobAF1

Originally Posted by BMW 7 series

A white man wouldn't have gotten 6 months for that.
Shut up, The judge is an %+%, ok, but if id have said it was #%%@+@+! I would have got the same, If the judge was black and the convicted was white, you wouldnt be talking bout it, so get some sense before playing the race-card.
someones white
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom