$69k for a 2015 Tahoe LTZ... Smh!

It comes down to a personal preference... plenty of people are checking for the Caddy and would take one over a BMW. It has nothing to do with not being able to afford the BMW... but that is such a typical NT response :lol:

Just cause its a BMW oriented response? :rolleyes

I know a lot of car dudes, no one in their mid twenties is checkin for Caddys. Ive seen those CTS-V's with older white dudes driving them.

Of course theres going to be those who genuinely like the car, im just saying the masses would much prefer a Bimmer/Audi/MB regardless of performance. Their name is just too strong. CTS-V IMO seems to be a car you "settle" for when you cant get the M5, E63, S6 etc etc.

Not because its a BMW oriented response, because its a "you must be settling if you choose the less expensive option, and cant afford the more expensive one " response.

Just like that last comment :lol:

Some people prefer American cars over European... some people like the styling of the Cadillac better. Some people like the fact that the CTS-V can out handle the M5, RS4, AMG63, etc.
I'm not gonna lie the cts-v coupe and the ELR are aesthetically appealing

There's a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 with 8300 miles for $62,900 or best offer right now on Ebay.

I'm about 90% sure if someone searched hard locally with $55k cash in hand then they could get one. I didn't necessarily mean having 0 miles, I was talking about getting a same year model.

Btw, wth does what someone actually drive have to do with their car knowledge? That #NT logic... :lol:

Not because its a BMW oriented response, because its a "you must be settling if you choose the less expensive option, and cant afford the more expensive one " response.

Just like that last comment
laugh.gif

Some people prefer American cars over European... some people like the styling of the Cadillac better. Some people like the fact that the CTS-V can out handle the M5, RS4, AMG63, etc.
The point im making is that BMW, MB, Audi > Caddy in terms of appeal. How many Caddys do you see vs 5 series and E classes? Over 3 series, A4's and C300's?

Its not even close. Ive HONESTLY only seen a handful of 30 and younger looking people in Caddys. Maybe its my area (Bronx, NYC, Queens a lot) but hey im just calling it how I see it.

Are you really gonna try to battle that statement? Thats all it is at the end, a statement based on observations.

The point im making is that BMW, MB, Audi > Caddy in terms of appeal. How many Caddys do you see vs 5 series and E classes? Over 3 series, A4's and C300's?

Its not even close. Ive HONESTLY only seen a handful of 30 and younger looking people in Caddys. Maybe its my area (Bronx, NYC, Queens a lot) but hey im just calling it how I see it.

Are you really gonna try to battle that statement? Thats all it is at the end, a statement based on observations.

bro one thing in life you must learn is you cant make ur opinion a fact.

u cant just say euro>caddy

thats an opinion there is not factual evidence.

dont try to pass your opinions as facts it makes no sense b

I can't lie, my perfect vision of my future involves me picking my kids up from school in a new SRT8 Jeep.

bro one thing in life you must learn is you cant make ur opinion a fact.

u cant just say euro>caddy

thats an opinion there is not factual evidence.

dont try to pass your opinions as facts it makes no sense b
Did you not read my last statement?

Should I have inserted an IMO in my first statement? Cmon son. In the context.

But if yall really wanna believe  Caddy is up there with the big boys in terms of popularity and appeal to the MASSES then idk what to tell you. 
laugh.gif

Ya'll on that "go against whats popular/mainstream" tip. 

Man i almost cried when i thought i saw a formula 1 kit srt jeep but i was unpleasantly surprised to find out it was just a durango. Not knocking the durango because it is a good car but that srt is something serious

You were good til u said that.
You know it cant

But if yall really wanna believe  Caddy is up there with the big boys in terms of popularity and appeal to the MASSES then idk what to tell you. :lol:

caddy been up there with beamer and benz :lol: tho

You know it cant

but the cts-v is one of the best handling cars in the world

it does damn well on the benchmark known as the nurburgring.

Appe

:lol:

Appeal ? You're sounding like a typical badge ***** now.

Appeal comes down to personal preference. I personally prefer the CTS. "Appeal" is a subjective term that's open to interpretation, performance is not. The CTS is an objectively better performer than the aforementioned cars and that plays a large part in my choice.

You know it cant

The Nordschleife Nurburgring begs to differ.

laugh.gif

Appeal comes down to personal preference. I personally prefer the CTS. "Appeal" is a subjective term that's open to interpretation, performance is not. The CTS is an objectively better performer than the aforementioned cars and that plays a large part in my choice.
Because to the masses thats what matters. The badge. Whats appealing? That black and blue circle, the 4 rings, that bigass star.

Enthusiasts account for a small part of the whole, and even then, the big 3 have a cult like following. You know how much enthusiasts, the average joe look up to M and AMG? Just the damn badge, not even knowing a rats *** about the performance.

Caddy been up on BMW since when? Im not talking performance, you can quit that talk. This back and forth was never about performance.

Last edited:
But if yall really wanna believe  Caddy is up there with the big boys in terms of popularity and appeal to the MASSES then idk what to tell you. :lol:

so we have to buy a car everyone likes/wants?

CTS-V is a monster and very good looking car. Caddy are very popular, all i see on the roads right now are the new ATS :x those are the new 300's in the streets now :lol:

I'd put my 2014 Impala LTZ2 up against any sedan similarly priced, or even priced a lil higher. Car is a damn beast

Because to the masses thats what matters. The badge. Whats appealing? That black and blue circle, the 4 rings, that bigass star.

Enthusiasts account for a small part of the whole, and even then, the big 3 have a cult like following. You know how much enthusiasts, the average joe look up to M and AMG? Just the damn badge, not even knowing a rats *** about the performance.

Caddy been up on BMW since when? Im not talking performance, you can quit that talk. This back and forth was never about performance.

You sound incredibly foolish right now.

Again, no point in saying that without elaborating.

So im wrong now? 
laugh.gif

Give me a break fam, you been on some elitist type when you type. Atleast elaborate instead of these high and mighty posts.

this audi/bmw love fest in the world today especially with the younger generation needs to stop. no idea how they got so popular and why people are obsessed with the name. aint none of these kids copping M3/M5 or S or RS6/7

all these kids just think oh its a big name, i wanna/gotta have it. its annoying. paid premium price for a base model that aint worth crap :x

like and buy something because you like it, not because everyone on social media is talking or praising it especially the expensive models none of them will ever afford

Again, no point in saying that without elaborating.

So im wrong now? :lol:

Give me a break fam, you been on some elitist type when you type. Atleast elaborate instead of these high and mighty posts.

Your the one critiquing cars on nothing but the badge and Im coming off as the elitist ? Ironic.

BMW wasn't always a luxury company, they used to make sporty cars for average people. It wasn't until the late 80s early 90s that they started increasing their prices and changing the brand image to that of a "luxury car". Cadillac had some weak years in the 80s but they have " been up" on BMW since the earliest years of the automobile.

Cadillac has long been the leader in luxury and technological innovations that soon become the the standard for the rest of the world. Its legitimately scary to think what the automotive industry would be like without Cadillac taking the chances they do and leading the way time and time again year, after year.

1907: Voted car of the year by Royal Automobile Club. Cadillac won the Dewar trophy for creating an easily serviceable vehicle with interchangeable parts that could be started with a single pull of the crank. At the time most other cars were a nuisance to turn on and broke many peoples arms in the process.

1910: Cadillac introduced the first enclosed body. Prior to this all vehicles were open chariot style like a motorized horses carriage.

1913: First car with a modern ignition self starter. Royal Automobile Club awarded Cadillac its second Dewar trophy this year.

1915: Cadillac introduced the worlds first production V-8 engine.

1916: The Cadillac Model 53 created the modern layout of an automobile that is still used today. This was the first car to use center mounted gear lever and hand brake with three pedals (clutch, brake and throttle) in the familiar order still used to this day. This vehicle also featured a key start ignition and a modern center mounted E-brake. I made sure to bold this for emphasis, because without Cadillacs Model 53, lord knows what kind of nonsensical contraptions we would be driving today.

1922: The addition of thermostatic mixture control relieved Cadillac drivers of all carburetor adjustments except for cold-start choking.

1924: First motor with a flat-plane crankshaft with a fully counter-weighted two-plane crank gave Cadillacs a major advantage in smoothness over competitive engines.

1926: Cadillac introduced crankcase ventilation into their second-generation V-8. This was also the first vehicle to see an Oil Filter.

1929: A new Synchro-Mesh Silent-Shift transmission took the clash out of gear changing.

1930: The world's first passenger-car V-16 engine was introduced by Cadillac, with overhead valves, hydraulic lash adjustment, twin carburetors and dual exhausts. The smooth-running 452-cubic-inch engine produced 160 hp at 3,400 rpm and provided a top speed of 100 mph.

1938:Cadillac is responsible for the first modern sunroof, and a column-mounted gearshift lever.

1949: Cadillac's Coupe DeVille earned the first ever Motor Trend Car of the Year award.

1954: Cadillac introduced one-touch windshield washing and wiping, and an automatic headlamp dimmer.

1957: The Eldorado Brougham introduced the world to power seats with memory, automatic door locks, low-profile tires, forged-aluminum wheels, air suspension and an automatic parking-brake release.

1964: Cadillac's Comfort Control was the industry's first thermostatically regulated heating, ventilation and air conditioning system.

1965: Cadillac introduced the first automatic load leveling suspension in an option called "Delco Superlift"

1966: Electric seat warmers and a stereo AM-FM radio became options. Prior to this radios were rare and always AM only.

1969: Cadillac introduced a modern coolant-recovery system captured boiled coolant for return to the radiator to prevent damage when momentary engine overheating occurred.

1971: What we now know as Antilock Brakes was first seen as an option on a Cadillac under the name of "Trackmaster Brakes". These non locking brakes only effected the rear wheels but the system was implemented a full 7 years before Mercedes adopted the technology in 1978.

1973: Cadillac's new theft-deterrent system honked the horn and flashed the headlamps. AKA Alarm system.

1975: The "Delco Freedom battery" option featured in the Cadillac Sevilles was the first to offer a built-in charge indicator.

1979: On board diagnostics and Digital electronics managed Cadillac's fuel injection, ignition and other vehicle systems.

1981: Cadillac introduced their Variable Displacement 4-6-8 system that allowed the motor to run on 4, 6, or 8 cylinders depending on the conditions. It was not until 20 years later in 2001 that Mercedes utilized a similar technology in their v12 vehicles and 2005 when the Chrysler Corporation incorporated a similar technology into some of their models.

1992: Cadillac STS is the first car to utilize LEDs

1993: The 32valve dual overhead cam Northstar engine is made available to the public. This engine was a technological marvel winning numerous awards;beating out its European competition in HP per liter, fuel economy and required maintenance. One of the revolutionary features of the Northstar was called a "limp home" mode which would allow the engine to continue running even in situations where all of the coolant was lost. When the computer senses dangerous overheating conditions it disables selective cylinders and begins pumping air through the banks and automatically changes over to the coolest bank to allow the motor to run without getting hot enough to cause damage.

1995: The Eldorado ETC and Seville STS debuts Cadillacs "Road Sensing Suspension" and chassis control system 4 years before Mercedes introduces their comparable "active body control"

1996:Cadillac introduced the addition of Stabilitrak systems to their already technologically advanced suspensions. This year also marked the first use of Telematics assistance through their global positioning system known as OnStar.

1999: Cadillac introduced the Escalade to compete with Lincolns Navigator SUV forever changing the sport utility market.

2000: The world's first night vision system for automotive use was introduced on the 2000 Cadillac DeVille. This was the first ever infrared-light-based driving aid.

2002: MagneRide variable shock absorbers supplied by Delphi improved the Seville's ride and handling. This technology was so revolutionary that it has now been purchased by Ferrari, Audi, Range Rover and other luxury auto manufacturers.

2008: The Cadillac CTS-V breaks Nurburgring Nordschleife record for a production sedan timing in at under 8 minutes.

Mercedes Benz is often touted with the creation of innovations that were actually used by other manufacturers years before they ever appeared on a Benz. Mercedes has a history of applying for patents on technology's of non existing products (ie Microsoft). Thereby often crediting them for systems that were implemented by other manufacturers decades prior. Active steering systems are a prime example. Mercedes is credited with this system although it was not seen on a Benz before 1991 in their w140 S-class under the patented name of "parameter steering". Large trucks and Studebakers had actually used this same adjustable ratio servo steering technology dating back to the 1940s to make the big vehicles easier to drive at variable speeds.

this audi/bmw love fest in the world today especially with the younger generation needs to stop. no idea how they got so popular and why people are obsessed with the name. aint none of these kids copping M3/M5 or S or RS6/7

all these kids just think oh its a big name, i wanna/gotta have it. its annoying. paid premium price for a base model that aint worth crap
sick.gif

like and buy something because you like it, not because everyone on social media is talking or praising it especially the expensive models none of them will ever afford
laugh.gif

So now they actually dont like the car? Never heard of a dream car? A "realistic" dream car?

The same social media you think is brainwashing a "kid" to getting an M or AMG is the same social media that shows that car like the CTS-V even exist. 
laugh.gif

No one is getting brainwashed, theres a reason why M's and AMG's appeal to people. Beautiful cars that can perform as well. I never said the CTS-V was an ugly car either, im just saying it isnt as appealing to the masses (imo).

Cmon son, you didnt even try to sound logical in that last post did you? 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom