90'S URBAN WEAR APPRECIATION THREAD

I'd get a Malcolm X hat (for the culture)...but my head's too big. 
mean.gif
laugh.gif

Random request: Does anyone know of any brands that have created one of the 90s concert looking tees with Obama on it? 

Crazy story that happened last night...

So I was coming from the parking garage with a friend of mine, and we decided to take the stairs since we were only on the second floor. We made it down to the door, my friend in front of me. I saw the door and it had a sign saying to be careful when opening. I told her jokingly to open the door slowly so we won't hit anyone, and she laughs and swings the door open. Sure enough, there was someone standing right there and was almost hit. We apologize and he says it's cool. I look at him again. We were rushing, so we keep it moving.

As we're walking away, I keep telling myself that I know that guy. I've seen him somewhere. I keep trying to remember, and then it hits me. That guy was Karl Kani!!

I hop on IG and hit him up apologizing again and he says no worries. I also tell him that I grew up with the brand and how I appreciate what he did for the industry as a whole. He responds saying no worries and thanks for the love. It was so random... :lol:

Growing Up in the 90s Karl Kani was big, and it means a lot to me seeing one of my fav. new school artists (Ozuna) rocking the brand in 2017.

Peep out a prime Shawn Kemp with the same Karl Kani shirt as Ozuna.
Steve Smith and Shawn Kemp.jpg

08-09 urban 90’s style was up plus hiphop was heading that direction with the cool kids, Asher Roth etc. But slightly took is turn around 2011-12 now in 2017, 90’s rave + mid 90’s neon color attire came back.

Looks like Fubu is starting to make a come back. I will definitely be adding some of their pieces to my collection.

Back
Top Bottom