9th Wonder= New Age DJ Premier

Originally Posted by Agthekid

There is nothing soulful about a Premo beat.
word. dudes think old school beats are "soulful", when its not. premo beats are straight GUTTER.
kanye's beats were soulful, 9th wonders beats are souldful, premo's beats were hardbody. not the same.

i think premier,9th, and hi tek all kinda have the same type of sound
but premier is easily the best of the three followed by hi-tek imo

the internet loves 9th wonder so much

it's amazing for real

9th is dope but it's ridiculous to put him in the same sentence as primo, pete rock, rza, etc

I wonder what Primo beats dude is listening to, in order to get the impression that Primo's in the habit of making soulful beats...

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

9th is dope but it's ridiculous to put him in the same sentence as primo, pete rock, rza, etc

Not nearly as ridiculous as putting Jay Electronica and Nas in the same sentence....And I haven't seen anybody literally say they were in the same league.New Age GOAT producer? I'm not mad at it.

primo has been doing this 20 years

more classics than 9th will ever have

9th's entire career up until recent has been plagued by his terrible drums

he's not mentioned in a discussion of top 10 producers of all time

he's not even the best producer of this decade

Nas has been doing it for damn near 20 years. Jay Elec has been doing it for what, three? That was my point. And for the record 9th been killing +%** foralmost a decade now. If you don't like 9th that's cool but you gotta understand saying he's the "new age" Premo isn't out of pocketat all.

And for the record, I got 9th in the 3-4 range this past decade.

i'm a 9th fan myself

i just don't like when people overexaggerate his accomplishments and talent

i'm not saying jay elec is on nas's level and i never have

but if jay elec puts in the appropriate amount of work and effort into this music %*+#

he has a very good possibility of being in nas's category of lyricism

I know that, but my point is no one has said 9th is on Premo's level. It's more a long the lines of if 9th does what he has for another 10 years, thenmaybe.

Back
Top Bottom