A$AP

Originally Posted by zube42

People *****ing about the Houston @@%% need to shut up. Who gives a @%*! really? Dude says all the time Houston is his influence and he likes the music so if that's the music he wants to make what's the big deal? 
Because theres tons of Houston artists who get laughed at on the internetz for sounding just like ASAP 
Music is music but dudes acting like this is somehow superior to anything thats been done in Texas is obviously taking the fact he's from harlem into account

People *****ing about the Houston @@%% need to shut up. Who gives a @%*! really? Dude says all the time Houston is his influence and he likes the music so if that's the music he wants to make what's the big deal? 
Because theres tons of Houston artists who get laughed at on the internetz for sounding just like ASAP 
Music is music but dudes acting like this is somehow superior to anything thats been done in Texas is obviously taking the fact he's from harlem into account

Originally Posted by cartune

What Houston artists sound like him? I understand some of the subject matter is similar and the screwed and chop $!@* on some of his songs but I personally can't think of any Houston artist with the same sound as him.

What Houston artists sound like him? I understand some of the subject matter is similar and the screwed and chop $!@* on some of his songs but I personally can't think of any Houston artist with the same sound as him.

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Never heard Bone's flow replicated so well...

...tape lived up to the hype.

Drake was out here on the radio last nite intro'in' Rocky's songs and !#$!...

...it's lookin' good for the Harlem kid right now.
Go hear Notorious Thugs my man...everything else u said dead on tho..i was late to the asap wave but im def feelin this tape...this and two chainz on the same day, 
smokin.gif
 nd zone out..

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Never heard Bone's flow replicated so well...

...tape lived up to the hype.

Drake was out here on the radio last nite intro'in' Rocky's songs and !#$!...

...it's lookin' good for the Harlem kid right now.
Go hear Notorious Thugs my man...everything else u said dead on tho..i was late to the asap wave but im def feelin this tape...this and two chainz on the same day, 
smokin.gif
 nd zone out..

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I swear when I close my eyes and listen to "Demons" I hear Max's voice on there
tired.gif

I love how one New Yorker in each thread no matter what artist/song is guaranteed to throw in a "this is what Max would be sounding like 
frown.gif
".
Dude Rocky and SpaceGhostPurp talked about howMax has inspired them....Listen to the chorus on that song, there is no way how you can miss the Max influence.  Its not every track but its heavy on that one specifically.  I'm sure if you go back and listen to it you'll get "chills"

Dude yall act like he straight up jacked that Houston flow. Son gives respect to them all the time and said they inspire his music. Son makes some cool music, yall NY dudes mad cuz he don't sound like the rest of you "Don Son" clowns. 

She claimin' I'm a Pimp C,
'Cause I'm sippin' Big Moe,
When I'm on that Screw Juice,
She sip until it's empty,
Purple on the mustache,

Now it's time to screw you,

Movin' like it's Turtle Time. 

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Never really paid attention to dude except for the odd track here and there, but going to give this tape a listen now
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by trapmuzik617

Originally Posted by FlaHustler1024

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

So ninja you telling me this sounds like a Mike Jones or Paul Wall album ? It definitely has some influence but it doesn't go that deep at all I hear more bone (early 90's Jay-Z flow) than anything. You reaching and you know it
laugh.gif
 on what track? 
He uses a bone thugs flow on the intro and purple swag chapter 2 off top... he even says that in one of em.

Overall tape is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Brand New Guy makes me just wanna smack #*%%$% and dare em to do something back. Joint is MEAN. and the production on this tape
eek.gif
. Clams is gonna be in high demand.

And who cares if he was influenced by Houston. Dude puts on for Harlem in like every song. Yall dudes up north could take a note from him, po' up, light one, and just enjoy the music
smokin.gif

this. contrary to popular belief, i got tremendous respect for houston rappers...they're lyrical in their own way, have their OWN slang, got their

own car culture and frankly are unapologetic about it...da fact that this kid is rapper about IDENTICAL subject matter when his residence is uptown harlem just rubs me off as a "biter"

everyone knows NO ONE in NYC is tippin 44's on caddies out here..NYC is known to ride foreign...from benz & bimmers to hondas and toyotas for da common man.

if you screamin harlem in every record, i would expect to here blocks, stores, aves, houses, etc. like i do when NY rappers like jada, jim jones, French montana, maino, killa, uncle murda, etc.

production is flames on da tape, but this dude's "transplant" novelty is gonna wear off real soon.

Man shut the hell up and just enjoy the music. Take a note from him and realize that not everybody needs to sound exactly like the region where their from on every track. Maybe if you guys would have done that sooner New York wouldn't have gotten left back in 2004.

Did the mixtape give you chills?
hahaha you stupid man hahah

[font='Lucida Grande', Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Palace (Chopped & Screwed by Slim K)[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Peso (Chopped & Screwed by Slim K)3:53ASAP Rocky[/font]

Bass (Chopped & Screwed by Slim K)4:47ASAP Rocky

[font='Lucida Grande', Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wassup (Chopped & Screwed by Slim K)3:34ASAP Rocky[/font]

Brand New Guy Feat. Schoolboy Q (Chopped & Screwed by Slim K)

[font='Lucida Grande', Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Purple Swag: Chapters 1 & 2 Feat. Spaceghost Purrp & A$AP Nast (Chopped & Screwed by Slim K)[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Get Lit Feat. Fat Tony (Chopped & Screwed by Slim K)[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Trilla Feat. A$AP Twelvy &A$AP Nast (Chopped & Screwed by Slim K)[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Keep It G Feat. Chace Infinite & Spaceghost Purrp (Chopped & Screwed by Slim K)[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kissing Pink Feat. A$AP Ferg (Chopped & Screwed by Slim K)[/font]

Houston Old Head (Chopped & Screwed by Slim K)

Acid Drip (Chopped & Screwed by Slim K)3:12ASAP Rocky

Leaf (Take 1) Feat. Main Attrakionz (Chopped & Screwed by Slim K)

[font='Lucida Grande', Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Roll One Up (Chopped & Screwed by Slim K)[/font]

Demons (Chopped & Screwed by Slim K)

Out of This World (Chopped & Screwed by Slim K)

Download Here: ASAP

or Here: ASAP

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I swear when I close my eyes and listen to "Demons" I hear Max's voice on there
tired.gif

I love how one New Yorker in each thread no matter what artist/song is guaranteed to throw in a "this is what Max would be sounding like 
frown.gif
".
Dude Rocky and SpaceGhostPurp talked about howMax has inspired them....Listen to the chorus on that song, there is no way how you can miss the Max influence.  Its not every track but its heavy on that one specifically.  I'm sure if you go back and listen to it you'll get "chills"

Hardy har har.

Lol @ Harlem cats not even acknowledging this kid.

If there's one thing I know about a Harlem cat, it's that theyre fiercely proud of whaetever block they're from. This dude hasn't even said where in Harlem he's from. They probably just told him to front like he was from Harlem.

Brand New guy
Wassup

Palace 

Bass

Keep It G

Leaf

Out of This World

sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif

Tape goes in.  I %++$! with this $+%% 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Chopped & Screwed 
pimp.gif

she sippin til it's empty

purple on the mustache now it's time to screw you

and I wanna chop and screw you girl

movin like it's turtle time, feelin like the world is mine

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Lol @ Harlem cats not even acknowledging this kid.

If there's one thing I know about a Harlem cat, it's that theyre fiercely proud of whaetever block they're from. This dude hasn't even said where in Harlem he's from. They probably just told him to front like he was from Harlem.
no taft, no lennox ave, no 7th, no fosters, no "top of da hill" on east side, no barrio, no polo grounds, no 145, no nuffin...just "tippin on 44's on my Cadillac sippin lean" 
laugh.gif

tape is good. beats are really nice, lyrics are really weak. he made cool videos though. dude makes blowing up seem so easy.

Back
Top Bottom