A$AP

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by De La MONEY

roll.gif
@ rugby is that me. naw just a fan of SLIME Rothstein... i think ASAP is LOWKEY overrated. lol i asked a few of ppl aand they say rocky is a better artist than v12 and that kinda shocks me so i was tryna see NT's point of view. Mind you Jay-Z is GLORIFIED/WORSHIP because of his lyrics so with that said it kills me how ppl think lyrics dont make/break the artist ESPECIALLY IN ROCKY's case. thats like sayin curves dont make or break a chick or performance dont make or break a sports/exotic car???? im not sayin he sucks, i thinks hes just AIGHT. but hey that just my IMO  *ye shrug
da general consensus is vado is far superior as a rapper, asap is more "diverse" as a artist.

I agree totally, but yet I understand and I don't.
Really don't see how an artist like Rocky can demand
a 3mil deal, but its all "entertainment" and not so much
the art now a days. I can't knock his movement tho. Son
has some ill tracks. Its the blatant jocking from him I can't
take sometimes.
Dont think about the 3 mil.
Dont think about the hype
Dont think about this thread

Just rock with what you rock with. If he got some ill tracks just only bang the tracks you like. No need to question why people **** ride. There will always be **** riders

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Originally Posted by De La MONEY

roll.gif
@ rugby is that me. naw just a fan of SLIME Rothstein... i think ASAP is LOWKEY overrated. lol i asked a few of ppl aand they say rocky is a better artist than v12 and that kinda shocks me so i was tryna see NT's point of view. Mind you Jay-Z is GLORIFIED/WORSHIP because of his lyrics so with that said it kills me how ppl think lyrics dont make/break the artist ESPECIALLY IN ROCKY's case. thats like sayin curves dont make or break a chick or performance dont make or break a sports/exotic car???? im not sayin he sucks, i thinks hes just AIGHT. but hey that just my IMO  *ye shrug
da general consensus is vado is far superior as a rapper, asap is more "diverse" as a artist.

I agree totally, but yet I understand and I don't.
Really don't see how an artist like Rocky can demand
a 3mil deal, but its all "entertainment" and not so much
the art now a days. I can't knock his movement tho. Son
has some ill tracks. Its the blatant jocking from him I can't
take sometimes.
basically..i mean as far as persona goes, i dont see da diversity...he basically retroed what NWA used to look like, and sonically he sounds like a houston texan, but hey its w/e..its not wack so i aint trippin..if it WAS

wack and ge was gettin over then i'd be a lil bit more unhinged.

^ Don't forge the Bone jacking either. I let my mans,
who is still a BIG Bone fan, listen to Palace. Son damn
near stone faced me out the whip
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Just rock with what you rock with. If he got some ill tracks just only bang the tracks you like.

Basically what Im doin Trey
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
*blasts Pretty Flaco*

My thing is this how many southern and mid-western artist were influenced and changed their rhyme style to match big , jay , and even killa and nobody ever talks about that. The biggest person is rap blatantly raped the dips and Harlem for everything they got took it and ran with it after being in the game for years and having a totally different style and became a mega star with other dudes style. But we get upset because a dude from Harlem and his crew are also influenced by sounds coming from other places ? You got to understand something the south has been getting exposure now for more 10 years Rocky is a young dude so what he has heard growing up on the radio has been 75% southern. Just like big and jay were inspired by Kane , Rakim , etc. Rocky was inspired by Big , Jay , NWA , Kanye , and a $#@!load of garbage southern rap post year 2000. Whether we like it or not that southern explosion from 2000-2008 changed rap all over the map. Even if 95%of the music was garbage or not $#@! still changed .

I like the Homie ASAP's LIVELOVEASAP. I'm interested on seeing how he progress as an artist before I give him my stamp. But he definitely got me listening for him.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

My thing is this how many southern and mid-western artist were influenced and changed their rhyme style to match big , jay , and even killa and nobody ever talks about that..

NONE.

So take your invalid argument somewhere else, bro. 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

My thing is this how many southern and mid-western artist were influenced and changed their rhyme style to match big , jay , and even killa and nobody ever talks about that..

NONE.

indifferent.gif
common = midwest

lil wayne = south

fixed.

NONE.

indifferent.gif
common = midwest

lil wayne = south

fixed.

NONE.

indifferent.gif
common = midwest

lil wayne = south

fixed.
If that's what Wayne was going for, he did an awful job of it.
As far as people who may take offense to Rocky's style, I'm more offended of Drake's actual blatant style jacking of every state than Rocky's (seemingly) real influence from Houston (and Memphis).

When I listen to Rocky, I can feel the influence as if I'm really listening to some '94 Three 6 Mafia or early Slim Thug/C-Note/'Lil' Flip, like the dude actually listened to the music he's influenced by. 

Drake on the other hand has been a dude who kicked it in Houston for a couple months, looked up wikipedia to figure out what artists are/were poppin down here, managed 

to get some cosigns, and just ran with that style and apparently took off to California to do the same. *@&# like that irritates me a hell of a lot more than the Ross/C.O. real/fake thing.   

NONE.

indifferent.gif
common = midwest

lil wayne = south

fixed.
If that's what Wayne was going for, he did an awful job of it.
As far as people who may take offense to Rocky's style, I'm more offended of Drake's actual blatant style jacking of every state than Rocky's (seemingly) real influence from Houston (and Memphis).

When I listen to Rocky, I can feel the influence as if I'm really listening to some '94 Three 6 Mafia or early Slim Thug/C-Note/'Lil' Flip, like the dude actually listened to the music he's influenced by. 

Drake on the other hand has been a dude who kicked it in Houston for a couple months, looked up wikipedia to figure out what artists are/were poppin down here, managed 

to get some cosigns, and just ran with that style and apparently took off to California to do the same. *@&# like that irritates me a hell of a lot more than the Ross/C.O. real/fake thing.   

NONE.

indifferent.gif
common = midwest

lil wayne = south

fixed.
Don't see what you're getting at, bro. 

NONE.

indifferent.gif
common = midwest

lil wayne = south

fixed.
Don't see what you're getting at, bro. 

Back
Top Bottom