A$AP

This album is kinda long lol. That stretch of songs after Jukebox is just ehhhh
Max B, Pharsyde & Westside Highway coulda easily all been replaced by Multiply
Still gotta listen to the rest tho

West side highway was disappointing but max b and pharsyde especially are both dope in my opinion.

Downloaded the group rip, iTunes and 320 version. They all sound pretty much the same quality wise. Some songs sound louder and clearer than others while some sound like they're from "Lord$ Never Worry" and "Live.Love.A$AP"

I was telling my friend this album suffers a tiny tiny bit from cherry bomb status, Tyler fans know what I mean. Not nearly as bad though.

Copped the physical today from Best Buy :smokin
Listened to the rest and its prob my 2nd fav album of the year behind Kendricks still. Btw was the album artwork ever explained?

BONES fan mad that Rocky took Dirty & just made it to Canal St. Both songs are dope though

I was hoping he'd at least let him have a verse on it.

I was a lil mad at this too. When you in Rockys position and you "borrow" from an artist in Bones position, don't just take dude verse out and keep the choruses. Bones can rap & im sure his verse woulda caught a couple ppl attention. Its whatever tho

Also I dont understand the hype behind Waynes verse, it was cool. Not amazing lol. Ilike the original without Wayne more. That Kanye verse on Jukebox tho... :x Not in a good way either lol

Assuming it's an ode to Yams and fits into the "psychedelic" vibe with the faces

My friend felt like it was him taking off a mask of Yams, almost like he was using his image or something. Idk how to explain what he was trying to say lol. I feel like its an ode too tho. Like Yams is always over and not forgotten. Do wish their was some kinda tribute song on here tho smh

My friend felt like it was him taking off a mask of Yams, almost like he was using his image or something. Idk how to explain what he was trying to say lol. I feel like its an ode too tho. Like Yams is always over and not forgotten. Do wish their was some kinda tribute song on here tho smh

yup i can def see what your friend is saying. yams built rocky's "image" so to speak. i remember there was an article about yams putting rocky on a lot of new music and changing him from a "cudi" sound to what we hear now.

yup i can def see what your friend is saying. yams built rocky's "image" so to speak. i remember there was an article about yams putting rocky on a lot of new music and changing him from a "cudi" sound to what we hear now.

Yea but he meant it not in an ode or homage kinda way but almost a diss. Like Ive grew outta your shadow kinda thing. Seemed illuminati themed is what he was basically saying lol. He used to be heavy into that stuff. Highly doubt Rocky feels that way

M'$ w/ Wayne 
nthat.gif

I'm ******* with the new album... I just always enjoy the vibe of Rocky's music... His production is a1 IMO. And I **** with his flow.

I'm gonna have to listen to this when I get the time. Other than all the Rita Ora and Rihanna mess I'm hearing it's another great project from Rocky :pimp:

Album projected to sell 110-120

That's a good look, goes to show what having a real fanbase can do for you because son ain't got no semblance of a single.

Huge W for him. He and Big Sean solidified their careers this year both critically and commercial wise.

Last edited:
I'm gonna have to listen to this when I get the time. Other than all the Rita Ora and Rihanna mess I'm hearing it's another great project from Rocky :pimp:

Album projected to sell 110-120

That's a good look, goes to show what having a real fanbase can do for you because son ain't got no semblance of a single.

Huge W for him. He and Big Sean solidified their careers this year both critically and commercial wise.

Same with Cole, going Plat with no single or features, even tho Cole always sold well

LORD PRETTY FLACKO JODYYYYYYYYYY STEPPED UP IN THIS PIECE BUST MY GLOCK TO ENSURE THAT ALL YOU ***** REST IN PEACE :x :x :x

This album is really good. I'm glad Rocky strayed away from the ******** songs like "F****** Problems" and "Wild for the Night" and made stuff that doesn't sound like a plea to get on the radio. The album is definitely a few songs too long, however, that is not to say that I did not enjoy listening to it all the way through. The standout tracks for me were "Wavybone", "JD", "Canal Street", "L$D" and "Electric Body".

Last edited:
how is an album with all good songs too long?

the whole short album trend was really just artists giving the bare minimum for what constitutes as an album

very few did it based off conserving their vision

Back
Top Bottom