A$AP

Will need to give this another listen, but this is a good album, but (something I feel like I've said about multiple albums since 2014), this album is way more consistent than his last album, but I think the last album had more true standout tracks than this one. Just off the top of my head I can mention LVL, Ghetto Symphony, PMW, Suddenly, and Jodye, with 1 Train & Goldie being good as well. This albums true slammin' standout tracks would be M'$ and Wavybone. It could also be do to the more mellow/darker mood on here, while the first album was more upbeat. I will say that this album doesn't have any tracks I hate. I was annoyed as **** with F'N Problems, wasn't feeling Fashion Killa, and would facepalm any time I heard Wild For The Night. The Juicy J, UGK & Mos Def features :smokin

excuse me is butter
pimp.gif
definitely my favorite song on the album. 

Will need to give this another listen, but this is a good album, but (something I feel like I've said about multiple albums since 2014), this album is way more consistent than his last album, but I think the last album had more true standout tracks than this one. Just off the top of my head I can mention LVL, Ghetto Symphony, PMW, Suddenly, and Jodye, with 1 Train & Goldie being good as well. This albums true slammin' standout tracks would be M'$ and Wavybone. It could also be do to the more mellow/darker mood on here, while the first album was more upbeat. I will say that this album doesn't have any tracks I hate. I was annoyed as **** with F'N Problems, wasn't feeling Fashion Killa, and would facepalm any time I heard Wild For The Night. The Juicy J, UGK & Mos Def features
smokin.gif
Man its crazy because I felt the same way.  I think its much better overall than Long Live, but no one song hit me has hard as songs like LVL, the intro, Hell, or Jodye.  And you're right, you can really tell he wasn't trying to cater to radio with this album.  

Long Live A$AP had too many commercial records for me. There were a few beats on there that bore me to death.

At Long Last A$AP has way too many misses. Has some great songs but there's too many that I find boring or I wouldn't care if I never heard again.

With that said, Ferg still got the best studio album. Trap Lord >>> these two Rocky albums. And I think Rocky is the better rapper but his albums always let me down. Maybe my expectations are too high. Would love to hear that A$AP Mob album. The singles they had were (Trillmatic, Hella **** and Xscape) :smokin :smokin

Last edited:
Rocky's mixtape and that ASAP Mob mixtape are still the apex of this whole crew. Those were two amazing mixtape that have continued to be in rotation.

I agree, Long Live was too commercial. Which at the time was disappointing because I felt like Rocky didn't need to do those types of records. This album proves he is better off without catering to radio, critically and commercial wise.

I really like Ferg too. Trap Lord had some bangers on it. The problem for me is that it feels more like a mixtape at times. I would prob rank it the same next to Long Live with At Long Last a step above them.

I find Rocky to be a much more compelling artist than Ferg and his technical ability to be better. But as far as actual rhymes, I think they're neck and neck with each other.

I'm just waiting on Nast and Twelvy. I think Nast could be the dark horse of the group. He has a good flow and good rhymes. Just need to see if either them can put together a full project that holds listeners attentions.

Ya'll are bugging saying Pharsyde is not ASAP. That's the most ASAP song on the album. Perfect beat and flow. And the album is def not too long. Most songs are in the 3 minute range.

I had to sign back up to NT just to say that.

TerKeZy '99

bruhh i love u

I agree, Long Live was too commercial. Which at the time was disappointing because I felt like Rocky didn't need to do those types of records. This album proves he is better off without catering to radio, critically and commercial wise.

I really like Ferg too. Trap Lord had some bangers on it. The problem for me is that it feels more like a mixtape at times. I would prob rank it the same next to Long Live with At Long Last a step above them.

I find Rocky to be a much more compelling artist than Ferg and his technical ability to be better. But as far as actual rhymes, I think they're neck and neck with each other.

I'm just waiting on Nast and Twelvy. I think Nast could be the dark horse of the group. He has a good flow and good rhymes. Just need to see if either them can put together a full project that holds listeners attentions.

rocky also said he was dissapointed with wild for the night and fn problems
s

this album is so rocky it defines who he is as a rapper

neither of them ****** are dropping

Long Live A$AP had too many commercial records for me. There were a few beats on there that bore me to death.

At Long Last A$AP has way too many misses. Has some great songs but there's too many that I find boring or I wouldn't care if I never heard again.

With that said, Ferg still got the best studio album. Trap Lord >>> these two Rocky albums. And I think Rocky is the better rapper but his albums always let me down. Maybe my expectations are too high. Would love to hear that A$AP Mob album. The singles they had were (Trillmatic, Hella **** and Xscape)
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
I tell my boys this all the time and they think im bugging

TRAP LORD IN STORES NOW 
pimp.gif

"ALLA" is surprisingly really good. Not sure if it's better than his debut album.

"Trap Lord" was hot but there were way too many misses on that album.

"LongLiveA$AP" > "AtLongLastA$AP" > "Trap Lord".

I agree with Hahahaha Hahahaha , I don't like "Holy Ghost" either.

Last edited:
One thing I gotta say after my 6th or 7th listen is that the majority of features on this are awful.

What is Mos Def talking about?

KanYes verse was awful

Schoolboy Q who typically works well with Rocky was bad, and furthermore, between Oxymoron and the verses he's been putting out I'm starting to wonder if the beginning of dudes career was a fluke

Bun B with the most simplistic rhyme scheme and flow the world has ever heard on that track

When you look back and see that in 2015 Lil Wayne had the best feature verse on an album you know it got bad.

Kanyes verse is nothing special at all but his voice sounds perfect with the beat

more power to you more power to you my lovely one is tattoo'd on my brain

One thing I gotta say after my 6th or 7th listen is that the majority of features on this are awful.

Bun B with the most simplistic rhyme scheme and flow the world has ever heard on that track

When the last time you heard Bun spit tho?

yet the ugk song was an instant rewind for me. jokebox is one of my favorites easily. didn't know this album was dropping so really happy to have it

Back
Top Bottom