A Gentlemen's Discussion of Retro Video Games (Super NES/Genesis Era and Earlier)

that toy story game!!!!! graphics where on point for the time!
eek.gif

TMNT 1 on NES >: >: some frustrating times :lol:

Tournament Fighters....Shredder, Chrome Dome and Armaggon >>>>>*

Anybody remember that Double Dragon fighting game on SNES, somewhere between 94-96? It wasn't very good compared to other fighting games, but man, I used to play the hell out of that

When I was a kid there was nothing I wanted more than a sit down Star Wars cabinet. I still want one as an adult, but now things like having to fix the chips on the board and source the proper monitor without burn-in plus space issues keep me from dropping any kind of money on it.

If I could I'd have one of those, the T2 light gun game and a 6 Player X-Men machine.
I still want that 6 player x men arcade machine. I was at Insert Coins in Vegas a couple months ago, I must've dropped $5 on the game. Smh Like i dont have it on my phone already. 
laugh.gif
es.
^ you actually posted that Lion King game? 
laugh.gif
. I loved/hated that game.

Now this right here...
Bulls Vs. Blazers man. This takes me back My brother and cousin would spend hours going back and forth in this game.
I beat the technodrome ONCE but was never able to beat Shredder
mad.gif

Watching this makes me
sick.gif
I witnessed my brother beat this game. To this day I have no idea how he did it. I'm starring at the catridge right now asking myself if I should even try lol.
2 on the other hand...
smokin.gif

Played this every time I slept over my friend's house
This game is beyond dope. Two years ago I showed I played it with one of my nephews he was like 5 then. Now everytime he comes over he's like " uncle can we play Ninja Turtles" And this is a kid with a DS , ps3 and a netbook. Just goes to show a great game is recognized in all generations. 
nthat.gif

First game that popped into my head when I saw this thread was Magic Johnson's Fast Break. Not necessarily for the game play but that theme song man:

WWF Wrestlemania Challenge That theme song and gameplay , man . I spent more time playing WWF Steel Cage Challenge but Wrestlemania had the the better tunes.

Formula 1 Built to Win. I'm still blown away by this game.

Clash at DemonHead

Ducktales

Urban Champion - the game that taught me to win fights i needed to watch out for flowerpots and uppercut another man into a manhole

Dragon warrior

Last edited:
Did anyone's local arcades ever have the bootleg Street Fighter IIs? Prior to Super Street Fighter II and all the rest of those a whole bunch of hacked versions were all over the place with all kinds of stuff put in like getting stuck in the air when jumping, fireballs that had a zig zag pattern, fireballs from characters that didn't have them. It was such a pain to play on those because things could break, but I knew a few people that hung out at the arcades that spent a lot of time and money mastering the hacks.

Did anyone's local arcades ever have the bootleg Street Fighter IIs? Prior to Super Street Fighter II and all the rest of those a whole bunch of hacked versions were all over the place with all kinds of stuff put in like getting stuck in the air when jumping, fireballs that had a zig zag pattern, fireballs from characters that didn't have them. It was such a pain to play on those because things could break, but I knew a few people that hung out at the arcades that spent a lot of time and money mastering the hacks.
:smokinAbsolutely! That'd was my game. I used to make older dudes mad as hell wen I whooped em, lol.

Scrolled through the updates and I see none of the following:

Stryder
Super spike vball
Karate champ
Nes Rambo
Nes Predator
Nes Terminator 2
Nes Castlevania

Who remembers dudes getting mad when you threw them in SF2 at the arcade. I distinctly remember hands being thrown outside of the arcade over this.
That or continuous dragon punches(shorukyens) or if you used blanka( still hate him til this day lol)

[quote name="bilboshmangins" url="/t/540251/a-gentlemens-discussion-of-retro-video-games-supehttp://niketalk.com/t/540251/a-gentlemens-discussion-of-retro-video-games-super-nes-genesis-era-and-earlier/180#r-nes-genesis-era-and-earlier/180#post_18497105"]that toy story game!!!!! graphics where on point for the time!
eek.gif

[/quote]

:smokin

I remember this one stage I think it was inside the claw machine and you had to find the squeaky alien toys or something, but that one part was in first personview, had me going :wow:.

View media item 531025OG party game
View media item 531032View media item 531033View media item 531038View media item 531049with Bill Clinton

I also played a lot of kiddie games.
Tiny Toons
Animaniacs
Power Rangers the movie
Mickey Mania
Aladdin
Lion King
The Tick

Who remembers that game show that you had to play arcade games in it? Anyone know the name?

Back
Top Bottom