A.I. Salty already

when iverson is in the game, oj runs the one. Iverson wasn't afraid to trust his teammates though because he was definitely giving the ball up. Iversonshouldve finished the game last night and he only played 3 mins in the first half. Carroll is playing around 27 mins a night. That's unacceptable.

memphis got the warriors tomorrow. The score will probably be like 186 to 181 lol

"If we're winning, I can play 10 minutes and I'm happy," he said. "When we're losing, that's when I trip out."
Ain't it funny how dudes like Iverson and T.O. always resort to this, yet they always find themselves in losing situations?
when iverson is in the game, oj runs the one. Iverson wasn't afraid to trust his teammates though because he was definitely giving the ball up. Iverson shouldve finished the game last night and he only played 3 mins in the first half. Carroll is playing around 27 mins a night. That's unacceptable.
This is EXACTLY what Memphis was hoping for when they brought dude in...

They got fans fooled into believing they're gonna be a playoff contender this year...
laugh.gif
They had you reeled in hook, line, and sinker from Day One...

There's NO future with Allen Iverson in Memphis... They NEED to play and develop guys like DeMarre Carroll... You know, guys with actual futures inMemphis... It's unacceptable for a team that probably won't make the playoffs this year to play first round picks heavy minutes?
laugh.gif

ai went to the finals ... there a lot of players that dont even make it to the promise land ... a lot of stars who dont even sniff a ship ...

hell, TO won in philly ... ... ... and then mcnabb happened ... lol little cross thread action ...

As my favorite player, ever, this is tough to hear and defend. While it is obvious that 18 minutes and off the bench isn't his role, he should just shut upand gripe about it behind the scenes, at the very least. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

I wanted A.I. to finish up his career in Philly, but now, I just want son to man up and go out with dignity.

You know it's bad when you have to resort to "career numbers" to justify more playing time, as if what happened 2, 3 years ago has anything to dowith what's happening today
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

"If we're winning, I can play 10 minutes and I'm happy," he said. "When we're losing, that's when I trip out."
Ain't it funny how dudes like Iverson and T.O. always resort to this, yet they always find themselves in losing situations?

*gasp* Common sense being used? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Don't use that. AI is great, AI is great. He's AI damn it, he'sAaaaaaaaaIiiiiiiiiiii

laugh.gif

Dirk, you nailed it dead on. But nobody will care. There is some perfect excuse that someone will think of to say how wonderful AI is, even though that was along time ago. The man doesn't care about winning, he cares about shots. Plain and simple. I'd give anything to see AI on the Celtics winning gameafter game with him playing 4 minutes a night and I guarantee he would still cry. All he cares about are his shots. I'm dead serious. Sorry that offendspeople, but it's the truth. And if people fail to see that, I don't know what to tell em.
tired.gif

In all honesty, what is so good about Mike Conley that he can't come of the bench and be the backup? AI is and will always be better than him, OJ can runthe point just fine. The overall problem I seen with Memphis watching their last two games is Gay and OJ don't play D or at least tough D.

This gotta be a record for how long it takes someone to start complaining though? After ONE game AI, really? But how is he gonna sell tickets riding the pine?

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

In all honesty, what is so good about Mike Conley that he can't come of the bench and be the backup? AI is and will always be better than him, OJ can run the point just fine.
But there is no future with AI on the team, their whole standpoint HAS to be to play the young guys as much as they can to see who fits, whobelongs and if they can improve and grow. Conley fits into that last part, they need to know if he can play. Clearly AI is better THIS season, but what goodwould it do them to be an average team and not improve their young roster. Zach and AI and guys like that are brought in to make them competitive, to teachthe young guys, and sell tickets, but the main goal is develop the young core. For that, Conley has to start. If the goal was merely to make the playoffs andget abused in the first round, then yes, AI would be the starter then and play more then Conley. But that would do zero good for the future of this club.

Wait is this a word for word quote ..... 'cause I was about to come in here talking about crunch time minutes, when they still had a chance to win the game.......... more than anything else that's what I originally thought would be bugging him
But if this quote is word for word 100% true, then I guess it's time to start the AI farewell tour

Memphis is now officially one of the teams I will be following heavily (until the fallout).

I mean, just as an adult, you would think A.I. would understand by now that it's not always about being right. Sometimes, it's about beingprofessional. I mean, one game? Uno? Eins? It's bad enough he had to tweet for weeks before the Grizz would even admit they were talking to him.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

This gotta be a record for how long it takes someone to start complaining though? After ONE game AI, really? But how is he gonna sell tickets riding the pine?
You don't think dudes like BHZ ran out and bought tickets to however many games the minute they announced they signed Iverson? Can't sellthose bad boys back now...
ai went to the finals ... there a lot of players that dont even make it to the promise land ... a lot of stars who dont even sniff a ship ...

hell, TO won in philly ... ... ... and then mcnabb happened ... lol little cross thread action ...
AI went to the Finals a looooong time ago in an absolutely abysmal Eastern Conference... When he was solidly in his prime and at his absolute peakand one of the best players in the NBA... Those days are gone.

And T.O. won what in Philly? You mean when he got hurt and they went to the playoffs and he came back, did numbers, and they took an L?
laugh.gif
I dog McNabb as much as the next man, but dude was just fine through thatplayoff run without T.O. ... T.O. dropping balls and blaming everybody else in Dallas, Iverson shooting 41% from the field on a floundering Detroit team and upand leaves at the suggestion he move to the bench...

There are clear patterns of behavior with these two that dudes just refuse to see and accept... "But, but he did this and that and this guy said this andthat guy choked or quit!" ...
indifferent.gif
At what point do people stop making excuses for these dudes? I don't care if other guys quit in Detroit, itdoesn't make what Allen Iverson did OK... It doesn't change the fact he's ALWAYS been about numero uno... He came into Denver to be a complimentarypiece to Melo... How'd that work?

Volume shooter with a me-first attitude on a team that already has Rudy and Randolph paired with a bright young scorer in OJ... Good luck, Memphis.
laugh.gif

Oh God. I can't wait for the "Grizzlies are purposely tanking with AI on the floor" excuses.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

*gasp* Common sense being used? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Don't use that. AI is great, AI is great. He's AI damn it, he's AaaaaaaaaIiiiiiiiiiii

laugh.gif

Dirk, you nailed it dead on. But nobody will care. There is some perfect excuse that someone will think of to say how wonderful AI is, even though that was a long time ago. The man doesn't care about winning, he cares about shots. Plain and simple. I'd give anything to see AI on the Celtics winning game after game with him playing 4 minutes a night and I guarantee he would still cry. All he cares about are his shots. I'm dead serious. Sorry that offends people, but it's the truth. And if people fail to see that, I don't know what to tell em.
tired.gif

Coming from Philly & a big Iverson fan I totally disagree, you just hate a.i with all your heart

Sike naw, I agree with you 100%, his antics are starting to annoy the hell out of me

The more I think about it.. A.I should really be starting unless coach can convince conley to be more aggressive.. He doesnt put any pressure on the opposingteam at all.

Allen iverson needs to understand that hes overqualified for any role the league has to offer him..and he is right..he deserves to play..but its just not thatsimple

lol at ppl comparing A.I to T.o....

how can u even put them in the same sentence..allen iverson "deserves" to complain...even though it is MADDDDD annoying

I wanna know how does someone comin off a Hamstring tear and playing his 1st game back, complain about playing time

Like how does that even enter your mind.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

lol at me buying tickets when we got iverson
laugh.gif
You're the most visible Memphis fan here, so youcatch the heat... I wasn't trying to call you out...

Bet you bought some tickets though, didn't you?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom