A look back on The Roots-Game Theory

I was bored last night of what I was listening to and switched to this CD. Two years ago this was definitely one of my favorite albums of the year. PersonallyI think they found the right blend on this as opposed to Rising Down.
Gametheorycover.jpg

Classic album indeed. I agree with your analysis in comparison to RD. RD is a solid album but the unfinished tracks break up the flow of the album.

Wow, I forgot how dope this album was... Enjoyed the Peddie appearance....."don't feel right" goes super hard. "false media" was aperfect song for that moment in time.

4.5/5 mics*

*Using late 20th Century "The Source" mic ratings system.

i wanted to make this thread for the longest

atonement gets played very often..the whole album does as a matter of fact..not a weak track on the album. like the poster said up there, they found theperfect blend on this one.

pimp.gif
Their best release in the past couple years, Game Theory>>RisingDown and Tipping Point...this was definitely in my rotation for a long time when it first came out

probably their best release since things fall apart (kinda partial to the tipping point)

FIRE. Used to rock hard to this album... too many people sleep on the roots and I don't know why

Back
Top Bottom