A Ma Maniere AJ3 - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING ALLOWED

who said these weren't getting wider releases and to jump at resale at $600 last week before its too late :stoneface:

I know there was a few of yall lol

How many times is someone going to say this same exact thing? I expect more from you.

I normally tend to generally agree with you, Spoon, but hard disagree here.

8635F0D9-EF8C-4FF1-BFE2-D6E5EBD52591.png
I was only playing around. I actually love cannoli’s. I just had one a few days ago at The Italian Store. :lol:

for now if u have an older established account it’s cool for selling since they aren’t charging fees. Money goes straight to my account too.

Big changes occurred this week with eBay. No more PayPal too!!!! Straight to your bank account. About time. Wondering how the Uncle Sam implications play out now.

Big changes occurred this week with eBay. No more PayPal too!!!! Straight to your bank account. About time. Wondering how the Uncle Sam implications play out now.

Is that supposed to help sellers against the Tax laws?

Is that supposed to help sellers against the Tax laws?

A few years ago a lot of states lowered the 3rd party payment receiving threshold from $20,000 to $600. $600!!!!! :smh:

Any seller who received $600 or more via PayPal in a year from selling, got a 1099 form and had to report it as taxable.

Now with eBay doing away with PayPal, I'm wondering how this will play out.

A few years ago a lot of states lowered the 3rd party payment receiving threshold from $20,000 to $600. $600!!!!! :smh:

Any seller who received $600 or more via PayPal in a year from selling, got a 1099 form and had to report it as taxable.

Now with eBay doing away with PayPal, I'm wondering how this will play out.

Yeah, isn’t that supposed to be nationwide next year? I think it’s absolutely absurd. Hate to take the side of resellers, but that’s flat out wrong.

Im probably in the minority but I hate not having the option of the funds go to PayPal. I’ve always liked keeping my funds from selling apart from my actual bank account.

As for taxes, you’ll still get hit. It’ll be an “eBay 1099” instead of PayPal I’m sure

Im probably in the minority but I hate not having the option of the funds go to PayPal. I’ve always liked keeping my funds from selling apart from my actual bank account.

As for taxes, you’ll still get hit. It’ll be an “eBay 1099” instead of PayPal I’m sure
Could I ask why you prefer PayPal funds?

Could I ask why you prefer PayPal funds?

Just the separation of funds really. I guess I like to see my PayPal balance grow and it’s easier to keep track of than in my bank account. Not that I have some huge account and can’t tell when things get deposited :lol: but just a personal preference

Plus I like to use the PayPal balance when buying things that I sell. And I have the debit card so it’s like a additional account, a “business account” if you will. Plus selling outside of eBay I usually receive PayPal payments as well (which I know I can transfer to the account but).

In the end it’s all the same really, I just preferred the money in my PayPal.

eBay & pp were a mess together i always had to jump through hoops with them if there was a problem. The managed payments thing is simple straight to account & it’s easier to see the fees they charge per transaction. It’ll work same way tho just now eBay & your bank are reporting & not pp

I just miss the old days of selling. Pre-tax, pre-StockX, pre-GOAT, pre-large-scale sneaker hype.

I legit bought a car off selling on eBay in 2005 (was only a 2001 Accord but still :lol:).

It was a good and VERY long run of tax-free selling and very small time monopolization of the market. Was good while it lasted up until a few years ago.

Last edited:
I finally copped on eBay for less than StockX and Goat…, I didn’t want to risk it with the hope of it dropping lower in prices on the 22nd … I don’t bank on SNKRS and other retailers to make it accessible :lol:

Paypal is NOT a bank. They can withhold your funds whenever they see fit. Thats the last place I would leave any money.

That’s true, luckily I never had any problems with them which shocked me because when I used to middleman purchases/trades, I’d have a lot going in and going out for people

Yeah, isn’t that supposed to be nationwide next year? I think it’s absolutely absurd. Hate to take the side of resellers, but that’s flat out wrong.

I believe the reason they’re doing this is to recoup money from the stimulus packages and PPP loan exploitation. There is always a “stipulation” when it comes to “free money”.

Yes I like the money going straight to PayPal and just leave it there plus the payment hit my pp same day now I got to wait 2 -3 business days before it hits my account

Back
Top Bottom