A Ma Maniere AJ3 - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING ALLOWED

Yall better remember kids are kids and these shoes are the last thing on their mind :lol: maybe once they hit close to middle they’ll feel differently.

years before my 1st kid I was buying all kinds of random shoes different ranges from 5C on up. Finally had my daughter and when she got to the age of finally walking the shoes her size didn’t fit right on her foot and she bypassed a few sizes based on outfits/time of year etc.

She’s kind of at a steady point now in size 12.5/13 preschool, she’s 4. Put these dunks on the first time yesterday, at drop off I said if you play outside don’t drag your feet or go playing in dirt

CF1B8B46-62C1-4859-AB4F-345DA27B38FD.jpeg
39994ADA-C25C-4FE8-B49E-0D8295E48033.jpeg

And as far as shoes during delivery better get you some slides and call it a day. You’re gonna be in that hospital for a while and when you leave you’re more than likely just going home anyway.

i guess sure if you want a lil photo op but better make sure you have something easy on/off and comfortable for standing

I honestly don’t even remember what I wore and my feet weren’t visible in a single picture

Yall better remember kids are kids and these shoes are the last thing on their mind :lol: maybe once they hit close to middle they’ll feel differently.

years before my 1st kid I was buying all kinds of random shoes different ranges from 5C on up. Finally had my daughter and when she got to the age of finally walking the shoes her size didn’t fit right on her foot and she bypassed a few sizes based on outfits/time of year etc.

She’s kind of at a steady point now in size 12.5/13 preschool, she’s 4. Put these dunks on the first time yesterday, at drop off I said if you play outside don’t drag your feet or go playing in dirt

CF1B8B46-62C1-4859-AB4F-345DA27B38FD.jpeg
39994ADA-C25C-4FE8-B49E-0D8295E48033.jpeg
Good for shorty... kids that age shouldn’t have to be worried about getting dirty, just be kids. Older kids that’s another story lol

And as far as shoes during delivery better get you some slides and call it a day. You’re gonna be in that hospital for a while and when you leave you’re more than likely just going home anyway.

i guess sure if you want a lil photo op but better make sure you have something easy on/off and comfortable for standing

I honestly don’t even remember what I wore and my feet weren’t visible in a single picture
Haha honestly who cares about shoes when you’re having a baby. You just want to be comfortable while your wifey barking orders.

As I've said, I don't care about resale prices one way or another (other than when I have to pay them), so this is more about my growing feeling that StockX engages in suspect business practices, if not outright price fixing/manipulation. Where are all these sales in the $600 and $700 range occurring? Certainly not on SX, Goat or eBay. It's difficult to imagine boutiques and consignment shops moving pairs at those prices, either. Even places like Flight Club and Stadium Goods don't have them listed THAT high. Ultimately, what exists to ensure the info these resale sites list is actually real? Guess I'd have to file a lawsuit to find out for sure LOL
Screenshot 2021-05-28 at 3.23.40 PM.jpg

rainking rainking

Current GOAT/Flight Club “instant ship” price is $692. Why make that claim without even checking first?
And yes, people pay those prices. Can we chill with the conspiracy theories?

47514CB9-5385-47B8-8229-C661F38E504A.jpeg

Last edited:
rainking rainking

Current GOAT/Flight Club “instant ship” price is $692. Why make that claim without even checking first?
And yes, people pay those prices. Can we chill with the conspiracy theories?

47514CB9-5385-47B8-8229-C661F38E504A.jpeg
I did check. I don't see anywhere with prices exceeding $700, instant ship or not. So your screen grab serves as no explanation for those sales.
I'm not exactly trying to launch a conspiracy theory, I just asked a question and said I am growing suspicious. More and more, I have noticed odd outlier sales prices listed on SX for a variety of shoes. That doesn't mean there IS something shady going on. But I'm certainly curious, and would welcome someone who actually knows the explanation to provide it.
Anyway, I won't mention it again in this thread. I'm not our here looking for conspiracies, but I also don't just take these companies at their word the more and more I notice what at least appear to be somewhat strange data.

As I've said, I don't care about resale prices one way or another (other than when I have to pay them), so this is more about my growing feeling that StockX engages in suspect business practices, if not outright price fixing/manipulation. Where are all these sales in the $600 and $700 range occurring? Certainly not on SX, Goat or eBay. It's difficult to imagine boutiques and consignment shops moving pairs at those prices, either. Even places like Flight Club and Stadium Goods don't have them listed THAT high. Ultimately, what exists to ensure the info these resale sites list is actually real? Guess I'd have to file a lawsuit to find out for sure LOL

Don't quote me on this, but it might have to do with international bids and sales. That's why sometimes you'll see offers that are higher than the lowest ask.

I did check. I don't see anywhere with prices exceeding $700, instant ship or not. So your screen grab serves as no explanation for those sales.
I'm not exactly trying to launch a conspiracy theory, I just asked a question and said I am growing suspicious. More and more, I have noticed odd outlier sales prices listed on SX for a variety of shoes. That doesn't mean there IS something shady going on. But I'm certainly curious, and would welcome someone who actually knows the explanation to provide it.
Anyway, I won't mention it again in this thread. I'm not our here looking for conspiracies, but I also don't just take these companies at their word the more and more I notice what at least appear to be somewhat strange data.

I answered your question with the explanation and screenshot, which should have been the end of it. But fine, I’ll explain further. The last sale was in the 600s, and the current sell price is in the 600s. So it checks out. Prices fluctuate. If the LAST sale was in the 600s, you wouldn’t necessarily expect CURRENT sell prices in the 700s. People undercut, even on FlightClub.

Last edited:
I don’t want to get into it AGAIN, but it would be downright stupid for StockX as a company to purposely do anything shady. Their whole business model is dependent on trust. And their business is a HUGE success, so there should be no motivation to cheat. It’s just not necessary.

Now, individual employees are human and not highly paid, so *they* may do something shady. And customer service isn’t great. But this whole manipulating prices, holding pairs, blah blah blah is just so dumb from a business standpoint. Makes zero sense. None.

I don’t want to get into it AGAIN, but it would be downright stupid for StockX as a company to purposely do anything shady. Their whole business model is dependent on trust. And their business is a HUGE success, so there should be no motivation to cheat. It’s just not necessary.

Now, individual employees are human and not highly paid, so *they* may do something shady. And customer service isn’t great. But this whole manipulating prices, holding pairs, blah blah blah is just so dumb from a business standpoint. Makes zero sense. None.

There's always motivation to cheat when it comes to money :nerd:
Time and time again we see companies that are built on trust commit fraud. Fraud isn't always committed due to necessity, it can be committed due to greed.

There's always motivation to cheat when it comes to money :nerd:
Time and time again we see companies that are built on trust commit fraud. Fraud isn't always committed due to necessity, it can be committed due to greed.

Sure. But it’s so financially stupid for them in particular, the risk far outweighs the reward. So unless there’s some solid proof (so far there hasn’t been any), there’s no reason to believe and share those accusations.

I guess we got our tin foil hats on bro

I mean, you got the same exact answer in there that I gave here. Not sure what more you people want. Apparently you guys care more about your conspiracy theories than the actual truth.

Everyday at 4:00 am - 5:00 am a pair of UNC 4s in size 8.5 sells for more than any list price. They def doing something.

I mean, you got the same exact answer in there that I gave here. Not sure what more you people want. Apparently you guys care more about your conspiracy theories than the actual truth.
Your answer is lacking for several reasons I’m not going to bother explaining to you again. And once again you sound like a PR rep for these companies, constantly defending them. You sound like you take any criticism or questioning of them personally. That’s your choice. Doesn’t have to be everyone else’s, however.

Just because I disagree with a fellow member on something doesn’t mean I dislike them or am trying to fight with them. Usually that’s not the case at all. I like RainKing. It’s definitely not personal.

The only members I truly dislike are the trolls. That’s not the case here.

Just because I disagree with a fellow member on something doesn’t mean I dislike them or am trying to fight with them. Usually that’s not the case at all. I like RainKing. It’s definitely not personal.

The only members I truly dislike are the trolls. That’s not the case here.
Same. Sometimes (often) tone gets lost or comes off in a way that doesn’t really exist when your just reading the words typed out. If we were all saying these things to each other face to face, it wouldn’t even seem like an argument, just a discussion.

Lol my pair on FedEx truck out for delivery yet won’t be delivered till Tuesday . Mind you the truck is like 30 Min away.

I hate FedEx they suck major booty compared to ups

When I select 2 day ship with Nike and they go through FedEx they take 3 days to get it to me.

ups would never.

also FedEx held my shoes hostage for 4 days at the depo 40 min away from me. It’s honestly 4 days late

Nothing worse than having shoes run late cause u assume they been stolen.

Back
Top Bottom