A Ma Maniere AJ3 - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING ALLOWED

You can just @ me next time. We're here to discuss the sneaker right? I can't say they look similar?

And for the record, I think those AMM1s nice, just like how I think the Court Purples are nice.
I really didn't peep the screen names while skimming the thread.

You can say whatever you think. I'm free to think you're simple though.

therefill therefill no offense but that's a comment I expect from my wife. Or a buddy that wears Sperry's everywhere. It's an odd comment from a sneaker enthusiast though.

Right, because a sneaker looking similar to another is a thought that has never crossed your mind during your entire history of collecting sneakers :emoji_rolling_eyes:

Found a nice pair of knit shorts just browsing the weekend. Not the same color (which isn't my intention) purple. I like that it has vintage cream colored drawstrings.

20210801_225515.jpg
20210801_225433.jpg
20210801_225310.jpg
I ordered a pair of these shorts via their website after you posted. Arrived, and seem pretty nice especially for $35. Good looking out.

Right, because a sneaker looking similar to another is a thought that has never crossed your mind during your entire history of collecting sneakers :emoji_rolling_eyes:
Sure, Denham am97 looked a lot like normal neon am97s. They mixed up materials and did it well.

What you're saying is similar isn't similar at all though. It's like saying a Chi 1 is similar to a Chi mid. That's some **** my wife says or the dude in the office that wants to he cool but ain't about that life.

Sure, Denham am97 looked a lot like normal neon am97s. They mixed up materials and did it well.

What you're saying is similar isn't similar at all though. It's like saying a Chi 1 is similar to a Chi mid. That's some **** my wife says or the dude in the office that wants to he cool but ain't about that life.

Denham has an AM97? You mean the Denham AM95 looks similar to the Neon AM95, right? :emoji_thinking:
And no, it's not like saying a Chi 1 is similar to a Chi 1 mid. It's more like saying the Spider Man 1s is similar to the Chicago 1s.

Denham has an AM97? You mean the Denham AM95 looks similar to the Neon AM95, right? :emoji_thinking:
And no, it's not like saying a Chi 1 is similar to a Chi 1 mid. It's more like saying the Spider Man 1s is similar to the Chicago 1s.
Yea meant 95. Typing while feeding kid.

Dude in my office I referenced earlier literally bought Spider Man's using your logic. I think it'd Blasphemy.

Both the Metallic Purples and these AMM1s use the same color blocking, but that’s as “similar” as it gets to me. That scaly or reptile-looking Burgundy doesn’t look like shiny Purple to me. But again, if we’re just talking about color blocking, then I guess yeah they’re “similar.”

Dude in my office I referenced earlier literally bought Spider Man's using your logic. I think it'd Blasphemy.
I’d definitely let someone know if they thought that the Spidey 1s are the exact same shoe as the Chi 1s (both are legitimate grails to me, and I don’t use the word “grail” lightly), but they’re a perfect example of similar. Same color blocking, same colors and shades, with the only differences being textural changes on some of the upper (that you have to be close enough to actually notice/see), the tongue tag, and the outsole. Sure we all know the difference, but that’s a shoe I can easily see people misidentifying.

That IS blasphemy, and not my logic at all. I would never advise anybody to do that. If they want the Chis, go get the Chis.
I wouldn't tell somebody to go buy the Court Purple 1s because they're similar enough (in my opinion) to the AMM1s.

All I'm saying is they both look similar in terms of colorblocking, build, and color, the materials are obviously clearly different. Are both shoes the same? Not at all. Similar, sure. That's just me, you obviously see it differently and that's totally fine. But to say you wanna slap somebody because they have an opinion that a shoe looks similar... c'mon man. We're here to talk about the shoe and it's an observation.

That IS blasphemy, and not my logic at all. I would never advise anybody to do that. If they want the Chis, go get the Chis.
I wouldn't tell somebody to go buy the Court Purple 1s because they're similar enough (in my opinion) to the AMM1s.

All I'm saying is they both look similar in terms of colorblocking, build, and color, the materials are obviously clearly different. Are both shoes the same? Not at all. Similar, sure. That's just me, you obviously see it differently and that's totally fine. But to say you wanna slap somebody because they have an opinion that a shoe looks similar... c'mon man. We're here to talk about the shoe and it's an observation.
Sure, they are similar if you disregard color and materials. But at that point all aj1 are just aj1. Hell all shoes are just shoes.

Slap was obviously hyperbole. I ain't trying to fight over shoes man. Well unless you trash am1, then we can really throw hands.

Saying that someone choosing the Spideys because to them they’re the “same” as the Chi’s is “blasphemy” is literally the definition of hyperbole.

If someone told me they’re gonna get the Spideys because they’re the “same” as the Chi’s, I’d just highlight the differences, and as long as they’re cool with those things, I’d support it. ESPECIALLY considering the difference in prices between the two. It’s like a $1300 difference in my size.

Saying that someone choosing the Spideys because to them they’re the “same” as the Chi’s is “blasphemy” is literally the definition of hyperbole.

If someone told me they’re gonna get the Spideys because they’re the “same” as the Chi’s, I’d just highlight the differences, and as long as they’re cool with those things, I’d support it. ESPECIALLY considering the difference in prices between the two. It’s like a $1300 difference in my size.

Couldn't be me. If I'm getting the Spidey 1s, it's gotta be because I like the Spidey 1s for what they are, not because they look similar to the Chicagos. 🤷‍♂️

Not necessarily me either. But I know I’m not, and I’m assuming you and many here, aren’t just novice shoe fans. Someone not super into sneakers or the history or all the details that many here have in depth knowledge on. Wedbe naive and fooling ourselves to pretend as if the Spideys wouldn’t be an approximation of the Chi’s to that novice shoe fan I’m talking about.

I have both. The Chi 1 is my favorite Jordan ever. Spider-Man (and all his different iterations) is my favorite comic book character, and I’ve been a fan since I was a old enough to read. I’ve read most of his comics. So take the best Jordan IMO, and give it a remix with details paying homage to my favorite comic book character ever? Perfection. We ALL KNOW that JB made them look as such because they share a lot of DNA with the Chis. And because Miles Morales was literally wearing the Chis in the movie. Just gave them comic book art style inspired details.

I mean to each his own. I'm not going going clown a homie over it. Theu aren't even close to me though. But if they make him happy, that's cool.

I mean to each his own. I'm not going going clown a homie over it. Theu aren't even close to me though. But if they make him happy, that's cool.
Haha. I’d hope not. Haha. And that’s my thought with ANY SHOE. If someone like whatever pair, it doesn’t cost me anything, so cool.

I respect it if they’re not close to you. I LOVE both the Chis and the Spideys, and they’re obviously close to me. It’s the same way I view all of the Satin Jordan 1s to their leather counterparts. I personally am not a fan of any of the Satin 1s but I love the OG Shadows, Royals, and Black/Reds in particular, and to people like us see that there are glaring differences, but understandably most people on the streets wouldn’t notice the differences unless they physically held them in their hands or got super close in-depth looks, and even then many still wouldn’t care.

Haha. I’d hope not. Haha. And that’s my thought with ANY SHOE. If someone like whatever pair, it doesn’t cost me anything, so cool.

I respect it if they’re not close to you. I LOVE both the Chis and the Spideys, and they’re obviously close to me. It’s the same way I view all of the Satin Jordan 1s to their leather counterparts. I personally am not a fan of any of the Satin 1s but I love the OG Shadows, Royals, and Black/Reds in particular, and to people like us see that there are glaring differences, but understandably most people on the streets wouldn’t notice the differences unless they physically held them in their hands or got super close in-depth looks, and even then many still wouldn’t care.
Yea I'm not one to clown anyone for anything. Even if it's a blatant fake, whatever. I'm just not that guy. If that makes them happy, cool. I totally get a random person seeing satin and leather black/red and thinking it's same thing or close enough. Just not something I'd expect to hear from someone on here. That's all.

Back
Top Bottom