A Ma Maniere AJ3 - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING ALLOWED

1637604923349.png

I never hear them in the discussion for shoe of the year.

...they're my personal pick.
With all the collabs these days it's highly unlikely that a GR release will get SOTY. Top 5 is always going to be collabs with crazy resell prices. People that vote on these panels will always say that. I think SOTY should be broken down into categories. I also believe a sneaker of the year can't be a sneaker with insane resell value that prices it out of everyone's budget or is so rare no one has seen it in hand to adequately judge. Sneaker NFT's haven't taken over yet so until then only sneakers that we can touch and wear should hold top ranking.

With all the collabs these days it's highly unlikely that a GR release will get SOTY. Top 5 is always going to be collabs with crazy resell prices. People that vote on these panels will always say that. I think SOTY should be broken down into categories. I also believe a sneaker of the year can't be a sneaker with insane resell value that prices it out of everyone's budget or is so rare no one has seen it in hand to adequately judge. Sneaker NFT's haven't taken over yet so until then only sneakers that we can touch and wear should hold top ranking.
This is true, but iirc the gr Element 87 Sail was Complex SOTY in 2018.

Yea, it wasn't a collab though. That's what I meant. Weird how quick that silo came and went.
that is correct but, it was insanely limited when it first released. I saw 1 pair in the wild and it was months after the release and on the side of the country lol........then i saw them everywhere.

Those of you who wore their pairs quite a bit, did they stretch out? I went a half size down from my J1 size and they still feel snug. But only wore them twice.

Those of you who wore their pairs quite a bit, did they stretch out? I went a half size down from my J1 size and they still feel snug. But only wore them twice.
The elastic that connects the tongue to the midsole stretches out after wear, so the tongue area loosens up quite a bit with wear. The leather is soft AF so width will stretch out over time but the length will stay consistent unless you use a shoe stretcher.

The elastic that connects the tongue to the midsole stretches out after wear, so the tongue area loosens up quite a bit with wear. The leather is soft AF so width will stretch out over time but the length will stay consistent unless you use a shoe stretcher.

Understood. yes, a bit tight on the sides, the reason why I usually go half a size higher on J1s. I tried TTS on the AMM3, but there is some slippage.

I'm trying to avoid a similar situation with the 1s...

trying to trade or buy locally though. I absolutely refuse to **** with stockx with those fees
you think those 1s gonna keep going up? thats the trend with 1s... but I dont see it happening with the maniere 1s.

I'm trying to avoid a similar situation with the 1s...

trying to trade or buy locally though. I absolutely refuse to **** with stockx with those fees

I tried that. But most shops had the 1s at $500. Just bought the 1s for $375 shipped not including tax. Total came out to $410 on eBay. Sold 2 Slides today, so had some extra money in PayPal. Still came out cheaper than StockX by $50. I wouldn't wait too long. After the holidays, I expect prices to go up.

you think those 1s gonna keep going up? thats the trend with 1s... but I dont see it happening with the maniere 1s.

Have you seen all the GR 1s going up over time? These AMM 1s will go up guaranteed.

I don't see them going past the intital $500 resale price point.
take a look at turbos, rookies, mochas... you don't see them going higher than that? These are arguable better than all of those, AND a much more limited collab that won't restock. Sorry for turning this thread into resale speculation on a different model, but I'm comfortable saying they'll be in the $7-800 range some day.

lmao got ahead of myself suggesting these might be better than rookies. that colorway is dope af and one of my favorite pairs

still, the limited nature of these means of course they’ll keep climbing. I have a hard time justifying $450+ for them, but having said that it’s pretty much now or never

Back
Top Bottom