A Ma Maniere AJ4

Idk the difference lol
For me, I’m there with a purpose to obtain shoes, whether to wear or resell. I also interact with other sneaker heads(or resellers) and share stories or experiences of different topics.

It’s worth it for me. I did it recently for Midnight Navy 4s at Richard’s. Last time before that was like a 2-4 hour camp out for Chile Red 9s at a local boutique here in Houston.

Once again, it isn’t often since camping out is kind of a thing of the past.

Rocked mine today
20221124_194811.jpg

Let me buck the trend and wear my shoes fam.

1. They are sung as F

2. The plush material inside feels like ur getting a choke hold by silk robe

3. They feel heavy too. Like my kaws

4. Shout out to my plug AMM.

716A42A5-45EE-4FD5-8710-5D5118431B11.jpeg

Last edited:
Paying resale for shoes is a lot cooler than waiting in line overnight for a pair

I’m just sayin lol. Can’t be me

I see what you’re saying buddy idk if he even tries at retail. He just pays resell off rip. I would never do a FCFS line up I’m to old for that now. Ask me 10 yrs ago I be all on it.

Paying resale for shoes is a lot cooler than waiting in line overnight for a pair

I’m just sayin lol. Can’t be me
I see what you’re saying. Overnight is overkill.

But store opens at 9am.

What time you willing to get there if you had a chance?

Paying resell is like buying into a culture?

It simply means there was alot of demand that the supply did not meet after the item released. When the item drops for a retail price a certain number of people are able to buy it.

Sometimes they dont have the money at the time. Sometimes they have money but they cannot get it. The demand is high for popular items at the retail price. The demand for resale is also high after the item releases for a couple of months, but after a couple of years it may decline. The resale prices vary by supply, demand, condition, authentication etc.

Celebrities are known to get free sneakers. Even youtubers and "influencers". A number of them are culture vultures. And those type of well connected people are able to buy themselves into this culture with their money. You expect alot of them to have so much sneaker knowledge history and information about this culture? No. Theres only some exceptions, DJ Clark Kent, Mayor, Bobbito etc.

Celebs also could influence people who werent into sneakers before now become influenced to the point where they will pay whatever price they could just to be "cool" and popular.

Measure sneaker culture by its time, knowledge, information, appreciation, history, contributions, and experience. Not necessarily resale price.

Paying resell is like buying into a culture?

It simply means there was alot of demand that the supply did not meet after the item released. When the item drops for a retail price a certain number of people are able to buy it.

Sometimes they dont have the money at the time. Sometimes they have money but they cannot get it. The demand is high for popular items at the retail price. The demand for resale is also high after the item releases for a couple of months, but after a couple of years it may decline. The resale prices vary by supply, demand, condition, authentication etc.

Celebrities are known to get free sneakers. Even youtubers and "influencers". A number of them are culture vultures. And those type of well connected people are able to buy themselves into this culture with their money. You expect alot of them to have so much sneaker knowledge history and information about this culture? No. Theres only some exceptions, DJ Clark Kent, Mayor, Bobbito etc.

Celebs also could influence people who werent into sneakers before now become influenced to the point where they will pay whatever price they could just to be "cool" and popular.

Measure sneaker culture by its time, knowledge, information, appreciation, history, contributions, and experience. Not necessarily resale price.

TLDR

Yes if it’s someone who literally cannot tell what a resell shop is buying hyped kicks trying to call out OG heads.

You are buying into a culture u do not understand.

FYI I do not know history of every shoe I own but been doing over 10yrs I buy what I like or what I had as a kid from I’m dad.

Lastly yea I never really care if celeb gets a shoe. Either they just buy it resell or get seeded it’s not really a flex or even exciting to OG. Who are used to camp outs, trading or knowing someone to get the help aka the real homework.

Either way now I’m sneakers are a lots of dweebs trying to force they way in and culture vultures consuming it.

Remember when they used to make fun of us for buying shoes. Saying it was waste. Now everyone and they momma wants in. Just saying paying resell on everything kinds lame especially when volunteering that info proudly like a lame.

We all payed resell ain’t OG bragging on it. 😂

This was posted in the Dunk thread but I feel it is relevant to what you guys are discussing right now :lol:

I guess we’re at peak gentrification right now lol. I get it, I agree it’s somewhat disrespectful to not even know the names. But at this point it might be too popular to gatekeep. Like I don’t think you need to skate to wear Vans.

And not everyone who pays market price is this clueless obviously. If they like a shoe and have enough disposable income for it then why tf would they pass on it. Ain’t nobody need to wait 10 years for a restock and settle for less in the meantime just because they got more money than you.

TBH

This girl > All yall who buy fakes on purpose

Back
Top Bottom