A Ma Maniere AJ5 *** UPDATE *** Feds enter the chat

We better all count our days... lol
ray.gif

I think the shape of the white pair which has real confirmed photos behind it looks great. They slimmed it down and the toebox and shape are much closer to OG than almost any 5 retro. JB has done nothing to fix the shape on 5’s for 20+ years so at least someone else is getting a stab at it.

Might take you a month to get your pair from TWG though! 😂 They must have 5 year olds using scissors and packing orders but literally complain about how long it takes them to ship on a banner of every TWG website. Packing slips are 2 cents each for 1K of them but this is what I’ve got the past 3 shipments (of 22, 19 and 24 days after purchase). This one was from APB but shipped from SS 2.5 weeks after release.

IMG_6745.jpeg

Alot of yall like the piss yellow, I dont. It actually kills the shoe for me even if those areas would eventually turn sorta that color anyway. Out of allll the colors that JB gave em to use, they used that. Yuck gross bla bleh

White pair looks like trash there too. I dunno, those look fake af. Compare the toe box on the white official pics vs the IG shots. I'm going with the official pics.

I'd like both pairs if the black ones didn't have the bubble writing. Photon Blues are a must, but will probably be impossible for me to get.

I'd like both pairs if the black ones didn't have the bubble writing. Photon Blues are a must, but will probably be impossible for me to get.

I actually like the writing on the bubble. Small details that AMM do. I also like the “A” in the netting

The yellowing effect just kills it for me. It works on some shoes with a cream base, but it just doesn't work on all shoes. I would rather maroon netting and soles than the yellowing.

Toe shape is awful. The collab lacks imagination. That yellowing is extreme.

I do like the slimmed down ankle collar (no pods), and the way it has been finished to meet the terry cloth looking inner lining.

Where's the quilted liner that is synonymous with AMM JBs? I got time for the Black 5 in that type of upper for its loose resemblances to OG MB5 classics but these aren't it for me.

Wasted use of NA on the heel.

Last edited:
In neutral lighting, I think the light grey pair looks dope 🤷🏿‍♂️ I dont care for the A’s in the netting or the A’s on the sock liner (prefer quilted) but I think the aged netting is a good contrast to the upper.

Quality of materials has always been something that AMM gets right, and sometimes you can’t tell how good the materials are until you get them in person. But from the pics I’m admittedly not seeing anything overtly luxurious looking. Even less so on the black pair.

IMG_7328.png
IMG_7327.jpeg
IMG_7330.png
IMG_7329.png

Back
Top Bottom